izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 11:57 am
@mysteryman,
In the UK we don't collect money to explode bombs in America, not only would it be illegal, but there would be no public appetite for it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:03 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You're forgetting that Romney is only interested in power. You have called him a RINO, and his 'flip-flopping' is well known. I'm not saying the scenario is likely, but it's definitely on the table. Romney isn't the type to be troubled by any moral considerations.

His potential presidency is viewed with dread over here, for good reason.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
In the UK we don't collect money to explode bombs in America,
not only would it be illegal, but there would be no public appetite for it.
I imagine that it was a racial thing, among the Irish.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:08 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

That's because here in the US, our constitution allows all groups to present their cause, and to collect donations, no matter how abhorrent those groups or their ideas are.
Its called the US Constitution, something that you are obviously unfamiliar with.
But that does not mean that those groups are supported by the US government in any wag.

What a load of bollocks. Any government that allows the funding of terrorism against any nation is complicit in that terror. I'm sure the CIA made lots of useful links in the terrorist community. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd got some on the payroll.
Ceili

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Hmmm, Al quaida or at least it's beginnings were most definitely funded and trained by the USA.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:42 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Hmmm, Al quaida or at least it's beginnings
were most definitely funded and trained by the USA.
Shud we have had American troops fighting the Russians in Afganistan ?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:47 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

In the UK we don't collect money to explode bombs in America, not only would it be illegal, but there would be no public appetite for it.
The difference is that the United States been populated with a large group of immigrants who came here precisely to escape British intolerance and oppression. We have exported no such groups to anyone.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:50 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
We have exported no such groups to anyone.
Indeed. You caged them in reservations.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:56 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You're forgetting that Romney is only interested in power.
Well, he is interested in how
he will APPLY that power.

izzythepush wrote:
You have called him a RINO,
I have. I took the same vu of the Bushes.
It saddened me when Reagan chose Bush in 1980.

izzythepush wrote:
and his 'flip-flopping' is well known.
I'm not saying the scenario is likely, but it's definitely on the table.
In all seriousness, sincerity & good will: u can relax.
America is not even THINKING of taking over England.
That possibility has not occurred to ANYONE.
If I went outside and suggested that to anyone in NY,
he 'd think I was nuts & say so.

izzythepush wrote:
Romney isn't the type to be troubled by any moral considerations.
I expect him to apply his own moral values.

izzythepush wrote:
His potential presidency is viewed with dread over here, for good reason.
NO. See above. How 's the weather there ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
mysteryman wrote:
That's because here in the US, our constitution allows all groups to present their cause, and to collect donations, no matter how abhorrent those groups or their ideas are.
Its called the US Constitution, something that you are obviously unfamiliar with.
But that does not mean that those groups are supported by the US government in any wag.
izzythepush wrote:
What a load of bollocks.
How many bollocks r there in a full load ?
What is a bollock ?

izzythepush wrote:
Any government that allows the funding of terrorism
against any nation is complicit in that terror.
Its just minding its own business.
Does it have JURISDICTION to interfere ?

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 01:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
We have exported no such groups to anyone.
Indeed. You caged them in reservations.

Do you really want to bring up histories of caging people in camps or reservations?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 01:10 pm
@georgeob1,
No. But I think that at least some of those could have liked to emigrate.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 01:14 pm
@mysteryman,
USA PATRIOT Act?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 02:19 pm

... Obama cancels campaign stops to monitor Sandy,
but critics say he should've had same response to Libya
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 02:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

No. But I think that at least some of those could have liked to emigrate.

That's true, and our reluctance to accept a flood of Jewish emigrants from Germany and Central Europe, while there was time, was a real stain on our history.

What our colonists and pioneers did with the native population here was what the Helvetians, Cimbri, and Teutons did to the Celts who earlier inhabited Central Europe. Moreover, the British and the French used their own paid Indian Armies (Hurons & Iriquois) before and during the Seven Year's War to slaughter the colonists pushing West. That left a bitter legacy that played out later on.

My parents were faithful contributors to the IRA throughout my youth, and I continued the practice up until the moment they tried to blow up Margaret Thatcher. I was brought up in a very anti British environment, and izzythepush is a perfect duplicate of the model my parents impressed on the six of us.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 02:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Your argument extends far beyond rubbish to steaming shite.

If you're going to comment on American election, it might be useful to have even a clue of what's actually going on.

You are the only fool on earth that is ignorant enough to suggest that Romney "interrupted" his campaign to travel to Europe and Israel. It, clearly,was intended to be a major feature of his campaign.

As to expressing " hatred" for the UK, there is absolutely no way you can confirm this charge.

Bottom line is that as much as you have shown yourself to be an ass in this forum, this latest spew of yours has proven you are, in fact, a sub-ass.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 02:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Not at all, and you're are an idiot for suggesting otherwise.

Before the London Olympics, Romney suggested, just as your major papers did, that security was a bit squishy.

His and my comments have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the London Olympics were successful, and only an uber-ass would think otherwise.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 02:58 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

What our colonists and pioneers did with the native population here was what the Helvetians, Cimbri, and Teutons did to the Celts who earlier inhabited Central Europe.
Just to clarify: the Helvetians were a Celtic tribe (actually at least four Celtic tribes) Wink
georgeob1

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 03:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:

What our colonists and pioneers did with the native population here was what the Helvetians, Cimbri, and Teutons did to the Celts who earlier inhabited Central Europe.
Just to clarify: the Helvetians were a Celtic tribe (actually at least four Celtic tribes) Wink
Well you're right. I forgot my Gallic war stuff.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 03:19 pm
@georgeob1,
I can't quote more than Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Belgae, aliam Aquitani, tertiam, qui ipsorum lingua Celtae, nostra Galli appellantur. but remember a bit of the history of the Migration Period from my university time Very Happy