So, would you write that if you had to sign your real name?

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 02:39 am
@msolga,
Well, hawkeye?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 08:18 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
The folk who Joe was actually addressing are not the ones responding to his questions.

I dont recall seeing THE LIST....is it floating around the A2K Kool kids Klub?? if so would you please post it here for the benefit of those of us who are not members ?

thanxs

Sure...just post your real name and address and we will send it to you.

snood

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 08:50 am
@dlowan,
LOL
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:17 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Sure...just post your real name and address and we will send it to you.

are you referring to that archaic method of information delivery known as the postal service? it appears that it is not only your staunch advocacy of victim culture which is out of date. like you i have been on this earth for a bit, but unlike you it seems I at least attempt to keep my mind current.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:21 pm
@dlowan,
I could post it for him, but what would be the fun in that.

and then he'd go bother robert again with another whiny complaint about people out to get him.

but he's not a victim, no siree...
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
no mail delivery to the resto?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
and then he'd go bother robert again with another whiny complaint about people out to get him.

i have never had or attempted to have any correspondence with either robert nor any hampster, i merely generated some posts on A2K about what i perceive to be some poor decisions on his part. rockhead is a fine name for a guy who consistently gets the facts wrong, meathead would have been fine too.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 03:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
that's white trailer trash meathead to you, uncle pervy...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 07:11 pm
I don't give my real name, for the same reason I would not want to meet anyone on A2K in person. My life is not an open book; I am an introvert (that does not mean I am shy); and my willingness to let strangers connect my real name with anything I reveal about my life is part of my inherent mistrust of strangers, not to mention the people that can read A2K posts without being a member.

In fact I hope to forget your real name; will never visit you on facebook; and in my opinion, I find your outgoing nature appropriate if you were just born a puppy.

P.S. And, when all is said, I do not like my real name. Others need not know it.
snood

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 10:03 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I don't give my real name, for the same reason I would not want to meet anyone on A2K in person. My life is not an open book; I am an introvert (that does not mean I am shy); and my willingness to let strangers connect my real name with anything I reveal about my life is part of my inherent mistrust of strangers, not to mention the people that can read A2K posts without being a member.

In fact I hope to forget your real name; will never visit you on facebook; and in my opinion, I find your outgoing nature appropriate if you were just born a puppy.

P.S. And, when all is said, I do not like my real name. Others need not know it.

You forgot one- the one about being too cowardly to reveal your real name because you know you could never say the things you do unless you do it anonymously.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 10:15 pm
@snood,
Quote:
You forgot one- the one about being too cowardly to reveal your real name because you know you could never say the things you do unless you do it anonymously.

perhaps the problem is not with those who speak anonymously but is rather that the collective is averse to hearing the truth so truth speakers are not allowed to speak without threats to their well being. your response makes assumptions which have not yet been backed with facts or evidence. coward is in the eye of the beholder, it could also be a modicum of the will of self preservation, which can be interpreted as good common sense.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 10:34 pm
@snood,
Foofie, I admit I kid about you sometimes. I'm not crazy about my given name, but I figure I'm one among many on that, and after the nuns stopped saying it to get me to be quiet (or whatever), I figured that was it.
Do you really dislike your name?

You don't have to tell us - I get why you wouldn't - but I hope you can get to like your name. I gather you are older and still don't like it. I hope you work that out.
snood

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

perhaps the problem is not with those who speak anonymously but is rather that the collective is averse to hearing the truth so truth speakers are not allowed to speak without threats to their well being. your response makes assumptions which have not yet been backed with facts or evidence. coward is in the eye of the beholder, it could also be a modicum of the will of self preservation, which can be interpreted as good common sense.

If you say so. It could also be interpreted as good common sense not to say things anonymously that you would be afraid to say face to face.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:34 pm
@snood,
That's good common sense but where is the fun in that?
snood

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:46 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Yeah, I guess it takes all kinds. I guess using a false name and being insulting and provocative from behind a computer keyboard is really bigtime chuckles for some people. But (and this is just my opinion) I think that getting a lot of "fun" from doing that (as opposed to being anonymous solely to protect oneself from perverts and nutjobs) is the behavior of a person who is weak in more ways than one.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:48 pm
@snood,
Not just behind a keyboard, anything useful to cover ur identity works. From cellphones (prank calls) to hockey masks ; )

It doesn't necessarily mean you're weak, it just may mean you like to push others buttons and see how they react, especially in random or hell bent crazy situations.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:54 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Quote:
It doesn't necessarily mean you're weak, it just may mean you like to push others buttons and see how they react, especially in random or hell bent crazy situations.

IE testing others and then sizing them up based upon how they do. Men do this ALL THE ******* TIME. Perhaps snood does not know much about the ways of men. maybe snood knows of the ways of men but does not like men very much. I seem to recall that snood is very chummy with IdiotBill, a male who cant stand men and who thus is full of self loathing.

points to ponder.....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:27 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I tell people my real name when they've earned the privilege of knowing it.

... in real life, too. Half the people I meet think my name is Demosthenes Publius.

Cycloptichorn

And the other half think it is Bardus Balatro
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
perhaps the problem is not with those who speak anonymously but is rather that the collective is averse to hearing the truth so truth speakers are not allowed to speak without threats to their well being. your response makes assumptions which have not yet been backed with facts or evidence.

What the hell is this "collective" you keep raving on about, hawkeye?
You imply that somehow A2Kers are all of one ilk, all of the same voice against so-called "truth seekers", such as yourself.
I put it to you that we are all individuals, very different people, from different countries, different ages, different backgrounds, etc ....all with our own individual concerns about what matters & what doesn't to each of us.

It is not as though we have all collectively colluded to gang up against any particular posters here. Our responses are to what is posted.
But, when aggressive (say nothing of dubious opinions & theories, which don't ring true) are posted, why should it be any great surprise that many A2Kers form similar opinions about those posts?
That's how people in real life respond when they read or hear some line of argument which doesn't ring true to them.

The disagreed-with view which has often been pushed (over & over & over again! Rolling Eyes ) by the same individual/s, doesn't necessarily make those individuals pushing their own agendas "truth seekers", or martyrs to some ignorant & unenlightened majority.
It might just mean that the so-called "truth seeker" is barking totally up the wrong tree. And his/her "arguments are considered to be crap.
Have you ever considered that?

But, on the credit side, at least you participated in this discussion.
Unlike the those anonymous others, who most likely knew perfectly well who Joe was referring to in his opening post (them) & remained silent. At least you have not been as cowardly as they have been.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:48 am
I appreciate the sentiment behind the original post, but it is not so simple a matter as anonymity = cowardice.

When I retire, I will feel a lot less concerned about having my political views identified.

Sad to say that there are a lot of people who care more about political views than the value and quality of a chicken sandwich.

If A2K insisted on all of it's participants revealing their actual identities, I wouldn't complain, but I would withdraw from participation.

I have numerous venues for expressing my political positions and would not see the loss of access to this forum as devastating.

My participation in Facebook bears my actual identity, and I don't shy away from expresssing my political views, however I keep that page as separate from my business as possible.

If my clients value my products and services I am happy to take their money, irrespective of their political views. I would take a different position if they were revealed to be criminal enterprises, but as yet I don't consider Progressives to be criminals.

Ironically enough, the vast majority of my clients roughly share my views, but I have employees and I'm not going to risk a loss of revenue because of self-indulgence.