HOLOCAUST........ Fact or Fiction?

mysteryman

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:12 pm
What I find interesting is that so many of us on this thread disagree about what color the sky is, yet we all agree on this thread.
You would think he would notice that and think that maybe he is wrong, after all.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:13 pm
@mysteryman,
Just, please, don't hold your breath, MM.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:14 pm
@mysteryman,
You wrote,
Quote:
yet we all agree on this thread.

Do you comprehend English? "We all agree?" I'm not sure what you're reading or interpreting, but your perception is off by about 180 degrees.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
c.i. -- I believe that what Mysteryman meant was that all of us -- conservative or liberal, right wing or left, GOP or Democrat -- seem to be in agreement and united against the absurdities posted by Krumple, Mark Noble etc. Be nice, now, MM is quite right here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:20 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
When he used the pronoun, we.......
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:41 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
You would think he would notice that and think that maybe he is wrong, after all.

Despite all the available evidence, MM, he just might have noted the large number of Americans.

How many American Holocausts have been deep holed?
BillRM

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:45 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
How many American Holocausts have been deep holed?

Had you try to get mental help for your irrational hate of Americans?
JTT

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 05:58 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
he just might have noted the large number of Americans.

See what I told you, MM.

Come on, Bill, surely you are not that ignorant. How many American Holocausts have been deep holed?

0 Replies

stevefrank

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:15 am
@mark noble,
Fiction is very old word in our ancient history. If you see our culture and history then fiction word is very common. because that was time we called steampunk.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 06:02 am
@stevefrank,
stevefrank wrote:
because that was time we called steampunk.

fascinating. Perhaps you could talk more about the period of time called steampunk.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 07:04 pm
@stevefrank,
I thought steampunk was a band
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:40 am
@mysteryman,
It's a sub-genre, cyberpunk's successor.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 03:51 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

What I find interesting is that so many of us on this thread disagree about what color the sky is, yet we all agree on this thread.

Number of believers in a concept or topic is irrelevant to the actual truth of the concept or topic. There are millions of people who believe that a god exists yet they are all wrong. Just because a lot of people are delusional it doesn't mean they are right because there is a lot of them.

People are very sheepish and go with the flock. They never challenge anything put in front of them, or else they wouldn't even be religious in the first place let alone think they are right because their neighbor agrees with them.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:04 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Number of believers in a concept or topic is irrelevant to the actual truth of the concept or topic. There are millions of people who believe that a god exists yet they are all wrong. Just because a lot of people are delusional it doesn't mean they are right because there is a lot of them.

It seems that I have heard a famous philosopher say that before but I do not remember which one, Do you remember who it was?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Almost the same thing as the flat earth.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Would you care to elaborate because I find most of what you share to be credible as well?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 05:52 pm
@reasoning logic,
Both are myths.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 06:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Both are myths.

OK both God and flat earth are myths but I was not certain that that was what you were implying, that is why I asked. Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:21 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Number of believers in a concept or topic is irrelevant to the actual truth of the concept or topic.

During my childhood, I nearly literally was surrounded by people who didn't believe it.
And I can't believe that those didn't get it.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 09:27 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

People are very sheepish and go with the flock. They never challenge anything put in front of them, or else they wouldn't even be religious in the first place let alone think they are right because their neighbor agrees with them.

However, in my opinion, there are also "contrarians" that almost have an orgasm when they take the opposite view of the majority. I believe, it gives some sort of ego satisfaction, in getting attention, and declaring his/her uniqueness in the flock of "sheeple."