HOLOCAUST........ Fact or Fiction?

Krumple

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 12:54 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
However, in my opinion, there are also "contrarians" that almost have an orgasm when they take the opposite view of the majority. I believe, it gives some sort of ego satisfaction, in getting attention, and declaring his/her uniqueness in the flock of "sheeple."

There are then those who are addle-patists who think they know something but they clearly don't.
Harper

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 09:20 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
There are then those who are addle-patists who think they know something but they clearly don't.

You are projecting as that describes you to a T. Addle-patists? WTF is that?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 12:53 pm
@Harper,
What Krumple wrote is what is called an irony; it's clearly a self-description that only he understands.
parados

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
Google has a sense of humor. I tried to look up "addle-patist" and it only come up with pages about the Saddle Baptist church.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
And so...
your attention is collectively gathered by the dimwit (me).

Holocaust aside.
Gather at new thread...
As if you could resist:)

Have a lovely everything
Mark...
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:41 pm
@mark noble,
I have just seen your post. You seem to come from a very dark place to believe the Holocaust is fiction. My maternal late grandfather was Jewish and that side of the family lost many aunts, uncles, and cousins in concentration camps, and many were gassed. Because of my late grandfather I have studied the Holocaust more so than the average non-Jewish American and how European Jews and some other ethnics along with Gays, suffered under the Nazi regime; one should never make light of, belittled, or put down that very black period in Nazi Germany.

One of my earlier memories was of my grandfather receiving desperate letters from his family in Europe begging for help to come to America as the situation in Poland and Germany was dire. And then one day the letters stopped and these family members were never heard of again. My grandfather took it hard but the US has stopped allowing Jews in even though they had not reached the full quota.

The Holocaust was the age of barbarity and it left a black mark on humanity; it was one of man's greatest inhumanity to man. That human atrocity did not occur in the Dark Ages, but was genocide in the 20th Century, 1938-1945, in the age of Mozart, when we were supposedly so advanced in science and enlightened.

There is one mini-series that is most memorable. It is called "The Holocaust" with Meryl Streep, Michael Moriarty. The movie is about an upper middle class Jewish family; the father was a highly qualified doctor; the mother was teacher and classical musician. They had two children, a girl of around 11 years and a teenage boy. The rapid disintegration of this family is startling, but it gives a realistic account of the crimes against the Jews, their businesses, and their complete outcast among the European people. It was a crime for a non-Jew to buy from Jews, and Jews had to walk in the street, not on the sidewalk. Their money in banks were confiscated, their beautiful homes were sold to perfect non-Jewish strangers, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. To familiarize yourself more, read the "Diary of Anne Frank."

"The Holocaust" is an American television miniseries broadcast in four parts on the NBC television network. I have it on DVD which I purchased a couple of years ago. In addition, at my University, there are shelves galore in the stacks filled with autobiographies of survivors, and biographies of some who did not make it. If one wanted to get a true glimpse into the life of the average European Jew in Poland and Germany, etc during the Nazi area, one should stop by the library.

You really should acquaint yourself with the period of Nazi Germany 1938 - 1945 and stop spreading lies and innuendo.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:44 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
By the way, PLEASE do not confuse the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in the Middle East with the atrocities of Nazi Germany as these are two separate situations. The ME conflict is more political, and not even in the same category as what the Nazis did to European Jews.
mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:49 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I don't - Others do - I was just investigating 'their' proposals.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 06:51 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Nor am I confused about 2 seperate events being other than 2 seperate events.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 07:00 pm
Having lost so many relatives in the camps it is incredibly painful to see this.
This is the first post I've ever seen by this poster.
I'll never look at another.
mark noble

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 08:29 pm
@panzade,
As I was researching the event - I encountered the site that furnished the earlier information - So I opened this thread.
I learned 2 valuable lessons.
1: Do your own research - Never just accept information at face vale.
2: Don't begin threads you know fk all about.

I knew little to nothing about the event - Now I know more.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 08:49 pm
@mark noble,
Share with us what 'new' you have learned - if anything.
nydia2013

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 11:55 pm
@mark noble,
After the concentration camps were discovered, there were thousands of dead bodies, so many in fact, they had to be buried in mass graves. These died of starvation and the skeleton bodies told the story.

You are a strange dude.

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What I have learned is.
The holocaust is a horrific part of history that affected, and still does, many people from all walks of life.
That my knowledge of the event, when I posted this thread, and the way I sensationalised the opening posts, was both immature, misinformed and hurtful to many folk.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 04:18 pm
@mark noble,
Thank you for your honesty. You made my day!
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 04:57 pm
@mark noble,
Good job, Mark. Admitting that one has been wrong is the first step toward wisdom.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 06:42 pm
@ mark noble

Quote:
I don't hate anyone, any culture or anything. MS, another misconception is that, at some period in 'recorded' history, some believed the Earth to be 'flat'.
Who, when?
Please divulge?

History is "my thing".

Aristotle in De Caelo, debated about the earth in space. Thanks to his words, we know that Pythagoreans (the pupils of Pythagoras) claimed as their teacher did before, that our planet revolves into a center of fire. This is completely the opposite to everybody's view in that time where the earth was considered the center of the universe and every planet and star revolving around it.

So, in part 13, where Aristotle talk on theories about earth, while he establishes that the earth must be spherical for such and such reasons, he also mentioned to Anaximenes, Anaximander and Democritus, who said that in order for the earth to hold itself over the air, it must have a flat form. Having a flat form, the earth will compress the underlying air and the earth will hold itself without moving.

The good thing about the philosophy of Aristotle, is that he won't care much about the inclusion of the opposite thoughts given by others. It is understood that he didn't want to impose his thoughts to any one, but on the contrary, he always compared his version with the opinions of others. Of course, his conclusions will be on his favor.

But, thanks to the inclusion of the other's ideas, we know what was the general thinking in those years, and even when Pythagoras never wrote anything, we have that thanks to Aristotle we can acknowledge of his philosophy.

I think, that in each topic, it is good to have both sides, perhaps three or more sides giving opinions about the topic itself.

After all, this is how knowledge increases, and readers have the free will to take one, two, three or more, or none sides about the topic.

It is healthy to mention both sides of every controversial topic, and this is why forums are very popular and how participants can learn a lot.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:37 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:
Aristotle in De Caelo, ...
I must admit that I preferred the Latin translation as well - my Greek was less than basic to get it in the original.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:42 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:
It is healthy to mention both sides of every controversial topic, and this is why forums are very popular and how participants can learn a lot.
If you are referring to the KZ's here; why is it a controverial topic? And why are there only two sides?

I mean, since history is your thing, you certainly about other reserches about the concentration camps, like human experimentations or the use from 1945 onwards, to just two.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 07:53 am
@ Walter Hinteler

Quote:
If you are referring to the KZ's here; why is it a controverial topic? And why are there only two sides?

I mean, since history is your thing, you certainly about other reserches about the concentration camps, like human experimentations or the use from 1945 onwards, to just two.

Of course what you have mentioned above has happened. No doubt that this WW2 has been very ugly. Experiments on humans against their will did happen.

The controversy exists because there is an exaggeration, a made in purpose increase of fake victims, an out of rationality addition of wounds and tortures, and so forth.

I have said before, that this part of history is similar to a victim of a car accident. The victim was hit by another car. The damage is the rear bumper, and the back lights. No other damage and neither injuries.

But the victim claims pain in the neck, which is false.

Now the victim is collecting money for doctor's visits and therapy, cash money to compensate "being not capable to have sex with spouse", money to compensate forced absent on his job because his neck pain, attorney fees, etc.