QUESTION:: WHY DOES THE MIDDLE CLASS VOTE AGAINST ITS INTERESTS?

oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 09:24 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
"It is especially ironic that they now try to pretend that the Republicans are trying to disenfranchise people."

this is especially ironic considering that republicans in Pennsylvania are on record as saying that this little voter thing will help them to take the state.

It all depends on how many people in Pennsylvania vote multiple times in the same election, or vote when they have no right to do so, or both.

If there are a large number of such votes for the Democrats, eliminating those votes will help the Republicans.

If there are not a large number of such votes for the Democrats, then eliminating those votes will make little difference (but it will be nice knowing that our elections are more secure from cheating).

Either way, it can't hurt to help prevent cheating.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 09:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You wrote,
Quote:
And Clinton seems to have committed every felony short of murder in his bid to keep his affair a secret.

Please, please, please, provide credible evidence for your claims?

I've had that fight over and over ago a long time ago, and don't feel much like rehashing it.

Plus you have an annoying habit of not understanding a single thing in a post, then dishing out silly barbs based on your complete lack of understanding. If you haven't noticed, my patience with that nonsense has worn thin.

Even if I were actually inclined to rehash the Clinton scandals, the notion of wasting my time looking it all up, only to have you not understand anything and then spew some petty barbs..... No thank you.

Maybe ask me a question about a subject that I am actually motivated about (perhaps Justice Scalia's recent musings about American civilians having the right to have Stinger Missiles), and maybe that will overcome my strong reluctance to bother providing you with a cite.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:52 am
@oralloy,
You spend time telling me you've already "rehashed" this topic, but all you needed to do was present one credible source that backs up your claims about Clinton. Instead, you provide excuses.

I know none is forthcoming - as I predicted.
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:12 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
but all you needed to do was present one credible source that backs up your claims about Clinton.

No. I didn't need to do that at all.

Unfortunately for you I didn't want to bother, either.

Maybe if there were even a small possibility that you'd comprehend it, I'd have considered bothering (though even then I'm not terribly interested in rehashing this again).

But really, if I were given a choice between: "digging something up only to have you fail to comprehend it and then spew some childish barbs" and "smashing myself in the head with a sledgehammer", I really think the sledgehammer would be the more appealing option.

cicerone imposter wrote:
I know none is forthcoming - as I predicted.

Correct. None is forthcoming. Now put me back on ignore.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:14 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

Your memory is flawed. The Democrats engaged in McCarthyist witch hunts against both Newt Gingrich and Ken Starr.

wow.... talk about out of touch with reality.

A witch hunt against Newt? As I recall the GOP were the ones that forced ole Newt out.

There was criticism of Starr. But I don't recall any witch hunt. He did spend a hell of a lot of government money to investigate a BJ but I hardly think anyone conducted a witch hunt against Starr himself.
parados

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:16 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

I've had that fight over and over ago a long time ago, and don't feel much like rehashing it.

Ah yes, the mythical evidence that you claimed to have presented once upon a time.

It does seem like a fairy tale every time you make that claim.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:35 am
@parados,
oral and krumple are made up of the same "I've already rehashed that" syndrome. But the funny thing is, nobody remembers them producing any credible evidence for their opinions. NONE.
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:54 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
wow.... talk about out of touch with reality.

Nope. As always, I state reality exactly as it is.

parados wrote:
A witch hunt against Newt? As I recall the GOP were the ones that forced ole Newt out.

Your recall is flawed. Newt stepped down voluntarily.

And him stepping down is not really what I was referring to (although I guess it is possible that he voluntarily stepped down because he was tired of the witch hunts against him).

parados wrote:
There was criticism of Starr. But I don't recall any witch hunt.

I recall it. I was incensed enough by all the outrages of the Democrats that I, for the first time ever, voted automatically for Republicans straight across the ballot.

parados wrote:
He did spend a hell of a lot of government money to investigate a BJ

False. He never investigated the sex. He only investigated all the felonies committed to try to hide the sex.

parados wrote:
but I hardly think anyone conducted a witch hunt against Starr himself.

You are mistaken. The Democrats were one big hate machine at the time.

It was so nice to finally get them reined in, in 2001.
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:55 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Ah yes, the mythical evidence that you claimed to have presented once upon a time.
It does seem like a fairy tale every time you make that claim.

You imply that I frequently do this. That is false.

What I almost always do is provide direct links to the source that conclusively prove you are wrong.

But I'm just not interested in rehashing the 1990s today. Sorry.
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
oral and krumple are made up of the same "I've already rehashed that" syndrome. But the funny thing is, nobody remembers them producing any credible evidence for their opinions. NONE.

As if your "memory" were at all credible....
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 12:19 pm
@oralloy,
It's not about my memory; you're the one who "never" provides proof for your claims.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 12:22 pm
@oralloy,
You wrote,
Quote:
What I almost always do is provide direct links to the source that conclusively prove you are wrong.

We always tell you to provide credible sources, not biased ones. You know, those sources that are generally acknowledged to be unbiased and are considered credible - like FactCheck.
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 03:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
you're the one who "never" provides proof for your claims.

Liar.
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 03:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
We always tell you to provide credible sources, not biased ones.

You are not in any position to tell me anything.

Now why don't you put me back on ignore and crawl back under whatever rock you've crawled out from under.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 03:28 pm
@parados,
Quote:
The Democrats engaged in McCarthyist witch hunts against both Newt Gingrich and Ken Starr.

Wow. I'm sure Senator McCarthy would laugh at a witch hunt involving just two people.... 'Hey look everyone! I found them!'
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 04:06 pm
@oralloy,
When Star started he had a reputation as an unbiased investigator. He destroyed himself not the democrats. Even most of the intelligent repubs agree he went over the edge. He destroyed himself.
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:06 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
When Star started he had a reputation as an unbiased investigator. He destroyed himself not the democrats. Even most of the intelligent repubs agree he went over the edge. He destroyed himself.

Blaming your victims for the effects of your witch hunt against them is just the sort of thing that prompted me to vote for Republicans straight across the ballot in 2000.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:43 pm
@oralloy,
You wrote,
Quote:
Blaming your victims for the effects of your witch hunt against them is just the sort of thing that prompted me to vote for Republicans straight across the ballot in 2000.

Other conservative baffoons do the same thing!

This is the real history on Ken Starr.
Quote:

Yet somehow, nothing about Starr's record suggested unacceptable partisanship to the Republicans who appointed him or the press that fawned over him. The $50-million-plus investigation of the Clintons, which actually encompassed at least six separate strands of inquiry, turned up nothing except the president's trysts with Monica Lewinsky and his dissembling about that personal indiscretion. Ultimately, Starr's embarrassing performance led to a consensus that the nation should no longer encourage undefined probes by unsupervised prosecutors. The law that enabled him was allowed to lapse.
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ahhh Ken Starr, what a maroon. He spent all his time searching for nonexistent crimes and misdemeanors that if Clinton didnt help him out with his BJ trysts thered be nothing for him to report on.
JTT

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 06:30 pm
@oralloy,
CI obviously has you dead to rights, Oralboy. But he really wasn't telling us anything new. Your idea of proof or sources is to stamp your feet.