QUESTION:: WHY DOES THE MIDDLE CLASS VOTE AGAINST ITS INTERESTS?

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 09:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
I thought you said name calling was the sign of someone that could not mount a real argument...

hmmmmmm.

I'm not sure that his presumption that he could ever hope to challenge me was really a substantive issue worth arguing over.

Hopefully he's put me back on ignore and isn't preparing more gibberish to spew.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 09:59 pm
@oralloy,
you are certainly a legend in your own mind...
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
you are certainly a legend in your own mind...

I don't think you've ever been able to point out a single fact I've been wrong about, have you?

You have a big mouth at least, even if you never say anything intelligent with it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:39 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I've not gone over all their positions, but I noticed them pointing out Obama slashing over half a trillion from Medicare.
Thats interesting of a point. Obamas cuts are proposed to affect the Service and Medical Equipment PROVIDERS, wheras Romney's (actually Ryans) takes an equal amount from the recipients of the SERVICE.

Big Differences therein, and once again an example ofwhere people embrace crap that is not in their own best interests.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:29 am
@farmerman,
You didn't finish what the Romney-Ryan plan will do with those cuts. Seniors will end up paying more for services, and the rich will get more tax cuts.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:47 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Thats interesting of a point. Obamas cuts are proposed to affect the Service and Medical Equipment PROVIDERS, wheras Romney's (actually Ryans) takes an equal amount from the recipients of the SERVICE.

Big Differences therein, and once again an example ofwhere people embrace crap that is not in their own best interests.

Maybe, but I remember a lot of cases where well-intentioned moderate Republicans were demonized and sometimes defeated for attempting the same sort of "cuts" that Obama implemented.

I've never figured the Ryan's policies on Medicare were well-intentioned. And as a policy matter I really hope the Democrats successfully defend Medicare.

But I see a lot of poetic justice in the fact that now, after the Democrats have ruined so many moderate Republicans on the false accusation of trying to destroy Medicare, they are left facing an extremist who actually does want to do it.

And I see a lot more poetic justice in the fact that that extremist is using the same sort of misleading nonsense against the Democrats, that the Democrats once used against those moderate Republicans.

Hopefully the Democrats will learn their lesson, and the next time moderate Republicans try to approach them, the Democrats will actually talk to them instead of demonizing them.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 01:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The teabaggers for eample, seem to be obsessed with rules that will probably NEVER affect them. Do they all believe that they shall , one day, be part of the 1% ers.

Quite simple, really..

Romney/ Ryan, and their Republicans clones, repeat the same fear mongering lies over and over again until brainwashed voters believe it.

Nothing new here... Republicans have always stooped to fear mongering.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. Thomas Paine 1737 - 1809

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 01:31 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The middle class is a an endangered species

And with no new government backed projects the numbers will dwindle down even more --
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 02:31 pm
@Rickoshay75,
One would think that after Bush and company pushed their fear-mongering about Iraq's WMD's, and nothing was found, and we ended up killing tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis, had our soldiers killed and maimed, spent untold billions, that Americans would learn a lesson.

It's an impossible situation for the rest of this country, when so many are so ignorant - and stupid!
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 07:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
that Americans would learn a lesson.

You can say this, seriously I surmise, and you dare to speak about others ignorance and stupidity, CI.
parados

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:40 pm
@oralloy,
I think the point was you simply made up outrages to support your bias. Every outrage you listed is not true.
JTT

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:37 pm
@JTT,
What do y'all so dislike about the truth? Americans have never learned. Their governments have been torturing, raping, murdering, napalming, bombing into oblivion, poisoning, terrorizing, ... and they have never once learned.

Count the number of Americans who have been held to account for the myriad war crimes, terror, acts of genoicide, you name it. No really, how many?

See,

http://able2know.org/topic/164540-182#post-5082373
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:45 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I think the point was you simply made up outrages to support your bias. Every outrage you listed is not true.

No. Nothing is made up. The Democratic Party was really quite appalling through much of the 1990s.

It was like a breath of fresh air when Bush came into the White House. The end to all the demagogy was just what the country needed.

I can still remember my relief when the Democratic Party was finally reined in.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:47 pm
@oralloy,
I remember it totally in reverse.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
anybody that would blindly vote a straight republican ticket strikes me as bat **** crazy.

and deserving of all the Palin's and Ryan's and tea party zombies in that group...
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I remember it totally in reverse.

Your memory is flawed. The Democrats engaged in McCarthyist witch hunts against both Newt Gingrich and Ken Starr. It was like the Democrats were one big hate machine.

And Clinton seems to have committed every felony short of murder in his bid to keep his affair a secret.
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
anybody that would blindly vote a straight republican ticket strikes me as bat **** crazy.

If the Democrats wanted my vote, perhaps they shouldn't have disenfranchised me in the 2008 Presidential Primary.

(It is especially ironic that they now try to pretend that the Republicans are trying to disenfranchise people.)

Rockhead wrote:
and deserving of all the Palin's and Ryan's and tea party zombies in that group...

Well, no one deserves that. But I guess my right to vote is more expensive than the Democrats bargained for if they actually expected me to roll over and let them get away with it.

I'll tell you what. If Michigan is allowed to go first in the next presidential primary, AND if New Hampshire is prevented from voting at all in the primary, I'll relent and go back to splitting my ticket.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:06 pm
@oralloy,
You wrote,
Quote:
And Clinton seems to have committed every felony short of murder in his bid to keep his affair a secret.

Please, please, please, provide credible evidence for your claims?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:09 pm
@oralloy,
"It is especially ironic that they now try to pretend that the Republicans are trying to disenfranchise people."

this is especially ironic considering that republicans in Pennsylvania are on record as saying that this little voter thing will help them to take the state.

maybe you don't really understand irony...
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:07 am
I'm not sure oralloy was living on the same planet as me in the Clinton/Bush days.
0 Replies