QUESTION:: WHY DOES THE MIDDLE CLASS VOTE AGAINST ITS INTERESTS?

parados

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 11:52 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

In 2000, I voted straight ticket Republican for the first time ever, because I was so outraged at the way the Democrats were waging McCarthyist witch hunts and making sure Clinton was allowed to commit any felony he wanted in the White House.

Wow... talk about out of touch with reality.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 12:19 pm
@parados,
oralloy wrote,
Quote:
and making sure Clinton was allowed to commit any felony he wanted in the White House
without describing exactly what he meant. He's not only out of touch with reality, but his brain is all twisted into a pretzel.

Not only that but he forgot all the felonies committed by GW Bush for lying to congress about Saddam's WMD's to start his illegal war. That ended up killing tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis, the lives of many of our military men and women, and our treasure that was never funded. That's beyond a felony; that's a crime against all of humanity. Talk about felonies, his administration even leaked the name of a CIA agent for political purposes.

It's no wonder our country is so politically screwed up! They don't remember facts of history.

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 04:18 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
In 2000, I voted straight ticket Republican for the first time ever, because I was so outraged at the way the Democrats were waging McCarthyist witch hunts and making sure Clinton was allowed to commit any felony he wanted in the White House.

Wow... talk about out of touch with reality.

No. That's not "out of touch with reality". That's called "ethics and morality".

I withdraw my comment that was in this spot. Odds are too great that it will be deemed a personal slight instead of the generalized condemnation of all liberals that I intended.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Not only that but he forgot all the felonies committed by GW Bush for lying to congress about Saddam's WMD's to start his illegal war.

No such felonies and no such lies.

Regarding the legality of the war, if you don't mind I'll borrow a line from Al Gore:

"My counsel tells me there is no controlling legal authority that says that is any violation of any law."

cicerone imposter wrote:
That's beyond a felony; that's a crime against all of humanity.

Hardly.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Talk about felonies, his administration even leaked the name of a CIA agent for political purposes.

True, but they didn't realize she was a NOC.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 04:45 pm
@oralloy,
Here's a more recent report on GW Bush's Iraq WMD's and his war. Refute any of the charges made in this article by credible sources. You can't.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/11/08/george-w-bush-still-not-telling-the-truth-about-iraq/

When any title says "still not telling the truth about Iraq," it means he lied before and he's lying now.
parados

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:41 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I was so outraged at the way the Democrats were waging McCarthyist witch hunts
No evidence presented to support the outlandish claim which is more than likely false.

Quote:
linton was allowed to commit any felony he wanted in the White House.
Clearly false since there is no evidence of Clinton committing any felony in the WH.

Ethics and morality does not equate to presenting false claims and then pretending they are true.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 06:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
arguing simple facts with any of the right wingers is futile. I listened to Ryan today and Ive concludsed the whole fuckin GOP is in denial

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 07:35 pm
@farmerman,
I'm thinking the same thing; it's futile trying to understand what's happening in today's political scene, and how so many Americans don't speak out against the wrongs that they see.

The Quiet American; what a joke.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 07:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
When any title says "still not telling the truth about Iraq," it means he lied before and he's lying now.

No. It only means someone is accusing him of lying.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 07:54 pm
@oralloy,
Do your homework; there's many investigative reports out there - from credible sources.

Here's a good start, http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/11/08/george-w-bush-still-not-telling-the-truth-about-iraq/
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There's more out there in web-land.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/5663/sorry_rove_bush_did_lie_about_iraq/
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:04 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I was so outraged at the way the Democrats were waging McCarthyist witch hunts

No evidence presented to support the outlandish claim which is more than likely false.

Nothing even remotely outlandish about telling the truth (and the truth is not false).

Why would I present evidence? All I was doing was providing a brief explanation for why I voted a straight Republican ticket in 2000.

parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Clinton was allowed to commit any felony he wanted in the White House.

Clearly false since there is no evidence of Clinton committing any felony in the WH.

Nonsense. But that's beside the point.

The point is, I reacted to the outrages of the 1990s Democrats, by voting straight-ticket Republican in the 2000 election.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:06 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
arguing simple facts with any of the right wingers is futile. I listened to Ryan today and Ive concludsed the whole fuckin GOP is in denial

I've not gone over all their positions, but I noticed them pointing out Obama slashing over half a trillion from Medicare.

The Republicans are right on that one. It's nice to see them standing up for themselves on Medicare.

I wonder, if the Ryan Plan one day becomes law, will the Democrats regret refusing to discuss the issue with Bush?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:06 pm
@oralloy,
For you, truth doesn't exist. Your reality is based on lies, so your ethics is also in question. Not understanding truth, facts, and honesty only proves your own character.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Do your homework;

It isn't my job to back up your claims.

Anyway, your articles mostly amount to saying that "while Bush may not have lied about WMD, he did lie about the circumstances under which the UN inspectors left the country".

Silliness.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
For you, truth doesn't exist. Your reality is based on lies, so your ethics is also in question. Not understanding truth, facts, and honesty only proves your own character.

Pipe down. Didn't you promise to put me on ignore so that you would no longer spew your retarded babble at me?

Why did you break your promise?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:33 pm
@oralloy,
I put spendi on Ignore too, but I like to peek in once-in-awhile, because I love to challenge people like you who try to spread lies.

Promises are made to be broken. You didn't know that, did you? LOL Mr. Green

BTW, when did I make the "promise?" All I said was I put you on Ignore.
oralloy

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I love to challenge people like you

You're a silly little retard. You couldn't hope to ever challenge me.

Now pipe down and go back to ignoring me.

cicerone imposter wrote:
people like you who try to spread lies.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own dishonesty.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 09:13 pm
@oralloy,
I thought you said name calling was the sign of someone that could not mount a real argument...

hmmmmmm.
JTT

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 09:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
That's called "ethics and morality".

Suitable that you put them in quotes, Oralboy, because you have repeatedly shown that you haven't the slightest understanding of their meaning.
0 Replies