CHICKEN BRUHAHA GETS BIGGER

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 05:35 pm
@engineer,
I would argue Cathy is not anti-gays, but even if he is, so what?

Gays are not refused service at his joints nor are they treated with anything less than respect.

I admit that I don't know where all of his money is spent, but if you can show me that he is funding organizations that lynch gays in the dark of night, I might share your concern.

As absolute as your conviction may be about same-sex marriages, it is hardly a settled issue in the US. While support of same-sex marriage now holds a small edge, it's still a roughly 5o/50 proposition in this country.

Comparing the issue of same-sex marriage to that of interracial marriage is off the mark.

First of all, homosexuals never suffered the degree of prejudice and discrimination that black did.

Secondly, when interracial marriage was assaulted on a legal basis, so too were the basic civil rights of black Americans. This is not the case with American homosexuals.

The Left is always looking for a new cause. When gays can marry in all 50 states,who will be their new favored victims?

If it comes to a vote in my state, I'll probably pass since I don't care whether or not gays can legally marry, and so I also will not miss a step regardless of the outcome.

As soon as gays have the right to marry in all 50 states, their desire to marry will drop off the ledge, and they (in the majority) will join in with their Progressive friends in dismissing the importance of the institution.

jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
As soon as gays have the right to marry in all 50 states, their desire to marry will drop off the ledge, and they (in the majority) will join in with their Progressive friends in dismissing the importance of the institution.

That may be true and all but I believe we should have that choice just like everyone else.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Gays are not refused service at his joints nor are they treated with anything less than respect.

Yeah, right, Finn. Separate but equal worked out really well for the US.

Quote:
First of all, homosexuals never suffered the degree of prejudice and discrimination that black did.

The degree is the issue. No one should have to suffer from legally sanctioned prejudice and discrimination. That you are completely satisfied that they are says a lot about you that most people are already well aware of.

Quote:
Secondly, when interracial marriage was assaulted on a legal basis, so too were the basic civil rights of black Americans. This is not the case with American homosexuals.

Please explain how you figure that, Finn?

Quote:
The Left is always looking for a new cause.

Yeah, the left, the caring people have sure done a lot of damage to women, Blacks, Native Americans, the poor, the downtrodden, labor, ... .

Quote:
When gays can marry in all 50 states,who will be their new favored victims?

The answer to that is simple. Whoever people like you seek to victimize. Whoever people like you seek to deny equal rights and equal treatment.

How is it that someone as bright as you could miss such a simple thing, Finn?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
As soon as gays have the right to marry in all 50 states, their desire to marry will drop off the ledge

It's true: the gays only want what they can't have. Once the supreme court struck down all those anti-sodomy laws, gays immediately stopped having sex with each other. I think now they just go bowling instead.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Canadian LGBT and their Progressive friends must be different than the American variety.
Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:17 pm
Well, this "bruhaha" can also be an opportunity for homosexuals in the closet to add another degree of camouflage to their lifestyle. Making the "announcement" to one's co-workers, friends, etc., that he/she now has a reason to go to this restaurant, it justs deepens the "closet" one might be in.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:20 pm
@Foofie,
Why would they need "camouflage to their lifestyle?"
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:41 pm
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
I think now they just go bowling instead.

That reminds me of a funny story. We both joined the gay bowling league, it was horrible, the boys we're not uses to lifting such heavy balls, most the the queens quit after the second week.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:52 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Well, this "bruhaha" can also be an opportunity for homosexuals in the closet to add another degree of camouflage to their lifestyle. Making the "announcement" to one's co-workers, friends, etc., that he/she now has a reason to go to this restaurant, it justs deepens the "closet" one might be in.

You are really one stupid asshole, aren't you, Foof? The level of your abysmal idiocy never ceases to amaze me.
joefromchicago

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 08:32 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:
the boys we're not uses to lifting such heavy balls

I'll bet.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:33 pm
@Foofie,
Your mind works in the weirdest ways.

Shake head......
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:57 pm
This argument that one should not go to Chick-fil-a because some of the money goes to causes that are pro traditional marriage gets nuttier the more I think about it. How much money goes to this cause....maybe one hundredth of a cent per visit? Is it really enough to get ones panties twisted over?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 11:09 pm
hawkeye says
Quote:
This argument that one should not go to Chick-fil-a because some of the money goes to causes that are pro traditional marriage gets nuttier the more I think about it. How much money goes to this cause....maybe one hundredth of a cent per visit? Is it really enough to get ones panties twisted over?

Well, they supposedly gave $1.7 million dollars to anti-gay organizations, which at your projected rate of one-hundredth of a cent per visit, works out to, um, let's see, yes, 17 trillion visits. You may be a tad off in your accounting there, big boy.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 11:15 pm
Chick-fil-a may have gotten a boost from all the hardcore right wingers who dropped in for CFA
Appreciation Day, but I think the interesting statistic is the one cited above which shows the public's image of the restaurant is dropping off the cliff. That's the country at large, not the small hard-right part of it, and that;s the one that;s gonna count, because once a company's public perception takes a bath, it can take them years and a whole lot of money to recover, if it's possible at all. Ask Denny's. I suspect that they are going to be very, very sorry for a very, very long time for taking the stance they took. They brought it on themselves.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 11:39 pm
Make that 17 billion visits, which means everybody in the US, woman, man, child, or toddler, would have had to eat at a Chick-Fil-A about 50 times. Don't think so.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 12:53 am
@MontereyJack,
Their image with me? Well, at least now I've heard of the place. Not that I have the option of going there or not.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:02 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

hawkeye says
Quote:

Well, they supposedly gave $1.7 million dollars to anti-gay organizations, which at your projected rate of one-hundredth of a cent per visit, works out to, um, let's see, yes, 17 trillion visits. You may be a tad off in your accounting there, big boy.

I guessed.

$4.1 billion sales per year results in 1.7 million going to pro traditional marriage causes if you are correct, which is .04% of sales. According to my calculation for every $25 you spend one cent goes to a cause you dont approve of. If you dont have a complaint over where the other $24.99 goes then why should I not conclude that you are being hysterical?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:42 am
re hawkeye:

$1.7 million dollars, however it's aggregated, is a significant amount in cases like the lobbying against Prop. 8 in California, for example. That kind of money can go a long way to promote a cause. If a company gives to a cause I think is disgusting, or if they do something I think is disgusting, I'm not going to patronize them, no matter how small the portion of the total they might get from me is, nor would I be shy in telling other people they might think about doing the same. I don't think Chickfila is a good corporate citizen, no matter how "Christian" they may think they're being. In MA, they'd be contributing to organizations that work to negate MA citizens' constitutional rights. That makes them non grata in my book. If you don't like that, too bad.
Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 02:31 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
As soon as gays have the right to marry in all 50 states, their desire to marry will drop off the ledge

It's true: the gays only want what they can't have. Once the supreme court struck down all those anti-sodomy laws, gays immediately stopped having sex with each other. I think now they just go bowling instead.

This post is hilarious and brilliant. I thought it worth another go-round . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 03:29 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Wow! Now THAT'S satire.
0 Replies