MOTIVES For the Colorado Theater Murders ?

firefly

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 09:18 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Stories that come out of fox news can be trusted as much as taboloid stories.

Or trusted even less.

The prosecution is suggesting that the Fox News story about "the notebook" was a lie or a hoax.

Now I know why the New York Times didn't report that story--it couldn't be verified. But all the cable news channels, and many print and internet outlets, continued to spread that Fox News report.

There is a gag order and there are sealed documents in this case, and alleged leaks from unnamed sources should not be believed.
Quote:
After all the reports showed up in the media, Arapahoe County (Colo.) District Court Judge William Sylvester reminded all parties that they are under a gag order and are to "refrain from disseminating information that presents a danger to the fairness of a trial in this matter ... and are prohibited from disseminating any information or material that appears to possibly be privileged or that defendant alleges is privileged, until issues of privilege can be fully litigated."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/07/27/157496384/court-documents-alleged-colorado-shooter-was-seeing-psychiatrist

It comes as no great surprise that Holmes was in treatment with a psychiatrist, but, if that was the case, any letters or packages he sent her would be privileged doctor/patient communications, and I don't feel the state would have a right to retain or release those communications. The defense has made a motion to that effect and the judge will rule on it Monday.
JTT

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 09:45 am
Quote:
Senseless Killing, Senseless Shooting, Senseless Murder

I wonder how come no one adds tags like these to reports of the US murdering three quarters of a million Cambodians/Laotians.

I wonder how come no one adds tags like these to reports of the US causing the deaths of half a million Iraqi kids.

I wonder how come no one adds tags like these to reports of the US providing active and full material support to the Contras, aiding them in raping, torturing and murdering 40,000 Nicaraguans.

I wonder how come no one adds tags like these to reports of the US murdering [fill in your favorite US atrocity here].

It only seems to twig your consciences, such as they are, when it's "local" folk.

What do you figure, FireFly?

firefly

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 10:01 am
@JTT,
Quote:
What do you figure, FireFly?

I figure you're pursuing your own personal obsessions, JTT, even though, as usual, they are disconnected from the topic of the thread.

Perhaps you should consider psychiatric treatment, JTT, since you persist in viewing all situations through the lens of your own personal preoccupations.
JTT

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 10:11 am
@firefly,
They are very connected, FF. It's absolutely mystifying how y'all can go on and on and on and on with the weeping and gnashing of teeth over troubles that occur in the US but there's not a peep over troubles caused by the US that are incredibly more serious, relatively speaking, than these "little events".

Perhaps y'all should consider psychiatric treatment - although just putting a halt to the propaganda would help a great deal.

You are suffering from a deep deep delusion. You promised long ago to address these issues and you just can't bring yourself to do so. That is delusion, FF, major delusion.
Krumple

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 01:55 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

They are very connected, FF. It's absolutely mystifying how y'all can go on and on and on and on with the weeping and gnashing of teeth over troubles that occur in the US but there's not a peep over troubles caused by the US that are incredibly more serious, relatively speaking, than these "little events".

Perhaps y'all should consider psychiatric treatment - although just putting a halt to the propaganda would help a great deal.

You are suffering from a deep deep delusion. You promised long ago to address these issues and you just can't bring yourself to do so. That is delusion, FF, major delusion.

The problem is, these local events deal with american citizens commiting crimes against another american citizens where as the stuff that happens elsewhere in the world deals with the political control against these people you are claiming to be victims of the US.

We often don't see these connections and getting actual good reporting in the US is nearly impossible anymore. There is no news trustworthy source in the US. That and most actually listen to these news sources and are told everything is great. Except when there are things being done against americans.

So expecting americans to understand these connections is nearly impossible. You are swatting at flies unless you can actually provide these connections with something substantual. Otherwise it is just hatred for america from an outside source.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 10:32 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
So expecting americans to understand these connections is nearly impossible.

Tell me something I don't know.

Quote:
You are swatting at flies unless you can actually provide these connections with something substantual.

I have provided numerous sources, unimpeachable sources, that illustrate just how true this all is, K. If all these folks didn't know it was the truth, then they would be all over it. They aren't because it is too big for them to get their minds around it, having been subjected to a lifetime of relentless propaganda.

See,

The Definitive List of US terrorism/war crimes - Lord, let's hope it is

http://able2know.org/topic/160696-1

There was a thread wherein folks had to address the issue because a bright young American asked whether what I was posting was true or not. Even there, they talked all around it.

Is that stuff that JTT says about America true?

http://able2know.org/topic/178691-1

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:14 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Stories that come out of fox news can be trusted as much as taboloid stories.
firefly wrote:
Or trusted even less.
No one shud trust anyone.

firefly wrote:
The prosecution is suggesting that the Fox News story
about "the notebook" was a lie or a hoax.
HOW can we figure out whether it was a lie,
or a hoax????????

Inquiring minds wanna know !

JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

That sure ain't you, OmSigDodo.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:33 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

That sure ain't you, OmSigDodo.

I have been informed that name calling is extremely frowned upon at A2K. You best reform.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
I put that mental case on Ignore.
I 'd appreciate it, if u 'd stop exhibiting his posts
in quoted boxes.

David
roger

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What quote box would that be?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:45 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

What quote box would that be?
It wud be and it IS on this page: Post: # 5,059,689
firefly

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 02:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
HOW can we figure out whether it was a lie,
or a hoax????????

Since the prosecution raised that issue, in response to a defense motion, it may be part of the discussion or argument during the court hearing tomorrow.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 03:42 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Since the prosecution raised that issue, in response to a defense motion, it may be part of the discussion or argument during the court hearing tomorrow.

Since both side agree that there is a notebook I am unsure of why anyone would claim that the existence of said notebook might be a hoax.
Quote:
AURORA, Colo. -- Before the July 20 massacre in an Aurora movie theater, suspect James Holmes mailed a package containing a notebook to Dr. Lynne Fenton at the University of Colorado, a psychiatrist he had been seeing, according to a motion filed by public defenders representing Holmes.

In the filing, Holmes’ lawyers say that, after law enforcement executed a search warrant at the university on Monday and seized the package, someone leaked information about it to the media -- including allegations that Holmes had alerted law enforcement about the package. The release of such information violated a blanket gag order issued by the judge in the case, the lawyers say.

“The government's disclosure of this confidential and privileged information has placed Mr. Holmes' constitutional rights to due process and a fair trial by an impartial jury at serious jeopardy,” they wrote.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-colorado-shooting-psychiatrist-documents-20120727,0,7278524.story
firefly

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 05:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Since both side agree that there is a notebook

No they don't agree on that. They agree only that a letter or package was sent. I'm not sure the defense has even seen what was sent, and it was the prosecution who accused the media (Fox News) of a lie or a hoax about the "notebook".

It will be discussed at the hearing tomorrow--this time with no cameras in the courtroom. Perhaps then we will find out if it is a notebook--although it is unlikely we will find out what it contained.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:07 pm
@firefly,
Defense is wanting to see it, but they claim it is a "communication" to his shrink.

Congrats on being right that this guy has long term mental issues, that this was not just about failing out. It is interesting that most commentary is assuming that he was lashing out, that they dont take seriously my contention that he was seeking glory, that this was about ego pumping. We shall see. I am remembering that even after he dropped he was seen in a bar still playing the genus with a bright future , which indicates to me that this is who he wanted to think of himself as, but maybe it was just easier than coming up with a new story.

Been reading into the laws and practices of universities disclosing to authorities that they have mentally troubled people on campus. It is jarring how little they can legally do with people who are potentially very dangerous with serious mental issues but let a woman claim that a man went too far in sex and all hell brakes lose.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
The truth is the truth, Hawk. You can't change the truth.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:32 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

The truth is the truth, Hawk. You can't change the truth.

until the truth is acknowledged anyways.......
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:43 pm
@JTT,
JTT, got any idea what happened to all the thumb downers for you and me? Have they finally figured out we dont care? I have a feeling we are supposed to assume that we are now universally ignored, but that is not going to fly either.
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 06:46 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Hi OmSig. How's it hanging?