Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 10:13 pm
A different look on zombies. The fear deep seeded within humans that one day humans will become so dumb as to mistaken another human being as food. Because this human is so deprived of love and wholeness, it’s search is to constantly become whole. The only closest thing which would provide such a drained container its wholeness would be another human being because that resembles the whole being which they are lacking. Because they are so weak and almost dead ingesting the human will only provide them enough treatment so long the human is within their system. They need humans like how humans need their daily consumption of food. And so it follows that if zombie becomes the last living creature, it cannot maintain itself so it will shortly die off, thus the death of our entire species and the obsession over the thought of zombies.

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 06:00 am
@RisingToShine,
I see you are a deep thinker in zombistics. Commendable
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 06:23 am
@RisingToShine,
I think you are quite wrong about Zombies, and have Wikipedia evidence to prove it.
These Zombies first started appearing in a small city just down the road from me, called St Albans.
Consisting of a fine group of well spoken young men including Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent, they had several groovy pop music hits in the sixties, and were a thoroughly commendable bunch.
Here is one that most young groovers of the sixties will remember:

Note how neat and tidy they are. There is no way that they would even consider insulting another human, let alone eat one.

Lovely boys, one and all.

And very warm on a cold winters eve.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:45 am
@Lordyaswas,
AHH , we have another person, also well versed in forensic zombology, checking in with a different POV.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 02:24 pm
If you looking for Zombie advise you just came to the right place !
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 05:57 pm
This has to be one of the most thoughtful and insightful threads ever posted on A2k. It really makes one think, doesn't it?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 07:04 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm guessing you and I love Zombies Andrei...ain't the world a place to marvel at !
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2013 08:02 pm
Here is a good example on how you can transform something close to a clone in a zombie talk by zombie philosophers and for a zombie audience:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 06:21 am
Frank Zappa, as always, knew about 'em.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 06:33 am
The dealing with English Zombies seems just that little more, oh I don't know, er.......civilised, somehow.

margo

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:43 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Love those Zombies - Lordy!

I was right bopping around on my walking frame...and looked up their other hits!

I see they are performing somewhere in Pennsylvania (wherever that is?) tonight.

I'll be in the UK around Christmas - do they do old peoples' homes?

(They led me on to The Animals - I saw them at the old, lamented Sydney Stadium, in 19????)
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:48 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I remember the one line from that movie
"Im afraid the car got Pranged"

what does prang mean??
margo

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what does prang mean??

Crashed, hit, etc.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 06:44 pm
Want zombies? Get yourself an invitation to a fashion show with professional runway models.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 02:55 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Want zombies? Get yourself an invitation to a fashion show with professional runway models.

Yes indeed. Those are perfect exemplars of the walking dead.
roger

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 02:57 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I keep hoping they look that way because they are just hungry, but those eyes. . . .
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 02:58 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I was wondering if he was counting in fashion designers also ?
The zombie masters ! Laughing
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 03:13 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

They were in front of me in a queue at an ice cream van, in St.Alban's park circa 1963/4. I was the only kid behind them and they bought me a "99".
I think it was Colin Blunstone.

He had long hair, whoever he was.

I then went and fed the ducks with a bun, a la Small Faces (itchycoo park).
margo

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 03:23 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

margo wrote:

They were in front of me in a queue at an ice cream van, in St.Alban's park circa 1963/4. I was the only kid behind them and they bought me a "99".
I think it was Colin Blunstone.

He had long hair, whoever he was.

I then went and fed the ducks with a bun, a la Small Faces (itchycoo park).

Now there's a blast from the past - a Brush With Fame! Smile
Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 03:59 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

Now there's a blast from the past - a Brush With Fame! Smile

Without sounding funny, we used to bump into all sorts, every day almost.
The little town where I was raised seemed to house most of the various glitterati over on the posh side of the tracks (literally). On our side, it was said that our houses were built purely to supply cleaners for the other half.
We had several big studios surrounding us ......Elstree, Pinewood, Denham, MGM at Borehamwood, and then two major BBC studios nearby, plus countless recording studios, etc.
George Harrison bought a big manor house for the Hare Krishna just down the road, in a village that was used as the setting for the film "Village of the Damned" in about 1960. I was too young to be an extra, but two lads from our estate got parts and had to wear blond wigs.
The Saint (Simon Templar - alias Roger Moore) lived for a while not more than 400 yards from my house, and my brother used to deliver his paper.
The super trendy Chalet in Clockwork Orange was (still is) in a lane we walked down on the way to school. I remember it being built, as before it was there the plot was an orchard with a donkey in it.

My sis used to know Una Stubbs, and through her got to know Cliff.
Hank Marvin used to live nearby and I have the dubious honour of jogging with him, and walking his Irish Wolfhound.

My dad won a fiver off of Gregory Peck once (long story), and we were regularly kept awake at night when they were filming 633 squadron, as we were right on their flight path (we loved every minute).
My sister's boyfriend (now my brother in law-they now live in Perth, WA) once gave PJ Proby a good slap for touching up my sis.
He lived nearby but soon moved away.....my bro in law is one big bugger.

I could go on but you would get more bored than you are already.......

So the reaction to me telling my mates that Colin Blunstone bought me an ice cream would have probably just been a shrug, or a return tale that was better than mine.

It was like a mini Hollywood really (still is, to some extent) without the drive by shootings.... or the shrinks, sunshine, big limos, bus tours and facelifts.