I'm 15 and I'm pregnant.. what do I do now??

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:23 pm
Angel Eyes666 wrote:
Yeah I'm planning on telling my mom later tonight.. then we'll figure out a way to tell my dad.. I went to the doctor with my older sister, that's how I found out I was pregnant..

I'm glad to hear it. Let us know how it goes.

(((Hugs)))
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:24 pm
Andrew's 16 and he's still in school.. he got a part time job but it doesn't pay much..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:26 pm
How far along are you pregnant?
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:27 pm
3 months
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:27 pm
Does Andrew work?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:29 pm
If you're 3 months along, you should be starting to show it and it won't be long before you start feeling some movement.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:34 pm
I'm not really starting to show all that much.. gained a little weight.. but it's not really that noticeable yet. and yeah.. Andrew works.. the pay isn't much.. it's only McDonalds..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:39 pm
Well, the fact that you're both working is good. What you both need to do now is start putting money away for baby stuff. You'll need a crib, bedding for the crib, baby cloths and stuff like that. I don't want to embarrass you or anything, but you might want to consider breast feeding as it it much healthier for the baby and the price of formula is unbelievably high.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:45 pm
Yeah I think I remember hearing somewhere that brest feeding lowers your risk of brest cancer? Not sure though.. I've been feeling really dragged out a lot, really tired.. Eating like a horse.. and I've got morning sickness most every day.. I'm really surprised my parents haven't noticed it..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:48 pm
I think most of us who have had children can relate to what you're feeling right now. Well, atleast your mom will know tonight.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:51 pm
Yeah.. I'm finding it hard to concentrate on school.. my average is gone down quite a bit...I know once I tell my parents it'll be a weight lifted off my shoulders... I need her to be there for me..
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 06:11 pm
I feel so quitly for getting myself pregnant.. It's not fair on my family.. I can go and have a baby and they'll end up supporting me and paying for it..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 07:00 pm
Well, consider it a lesson learned, and that you're in the process of learning.

And don't forget, no one does perfect things all of the time. You're human. You made a mistake. It's acknowledged, now it's time to get down to brass tacks and deal with what needs to be done. Assigning blame is not a solution, whether it's someone blaming you or Andrew, or you blaming yourself. Pointing fingers will never change a diaper, buy a crib or feed a child.

Best of luck to you.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 07:09 pm
I just told my mom.. I thought I would feel better but I feel worse.. She got so mad..she started crying and everything.. She told me to wait in my room until she told my dad. .. so .. here i am.. all alone. She asked me how I could lie to her like that.. and how that when I'm carrying her first grandchild and I didn't even bother to tell her.. She told me a lot of stuff that can go wrong.. Really scared me. . God I don't wanna go through this alone.. I can only imagine what my dad's gonna be like when he finds out..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 07:44 pm
Angel
It's understandable that your parents are upset right now, but they will get over this in time. This is a lot for any parent of a 15 year old to take in, so don't beat yourself up. Jespah is right. What's done is done and you now have to start making plans for your baby. If you and your boyfriend work together and do everything you have to do, then you will both lessen the burden on your parents.
You won't be going through this alone sweetie, so just get that out of your mind. Your parents need time to cool down and then I'm sure they will be fine. Hang in there kiddo.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 08:00 pm
Wow. Ummm.. The only thing I'm gonna add here is that, as you've seen, your parents are bound to be a bit shocked. Give them 48 hours to absorb things themselves too. Don't get yourself to worked up about them being upset this evening. They'll settle down.

Good luck Angel_Eyes!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 08:34 pm
Angel Eyes666- No matter what you decide, one thing is very important. At this time, for the sake of the baby, you have to stay off liquor, cigarettes and drugs. And I don't mean just street drugs. You should not be ingesting anything, even over the counter medications, without consulting your doctor. Medications could cause problems with the development of the baby, so you want to steer clear of them.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 08:56 pm
Angel..jeesh gal..thats a large load to carry for a gal your age, and I dont blame you for feeling scared.
Remember its a big deal for everyone, and your Mom Im sure is scared too(the wonder the worry all that for a Mom is normal though)...so like everyones said so far--give it a bit of time for them to soak it in--the worst is over (shock is a big thing and scared comes right behind it if not with it) and now they can deal with it right along side you and thats a good place to get started from.
Good Luck gal..and keep us informed.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 05:32 am
Mom will come around. She said it herself; it's her grandbaby.

Mom's are like that... you'll find out pretty soon yourself.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:14 am
AngelEyes - You're parents are in shock, to be sure. But to be honest, I think you're going to be fine. With your mom saying "My first grandchild". . . well, to me that's a positive thing. She sounds like she's concerned for your welfare, and the babies welfare. So yes, she's upset now, and she's upset. . .but I think this is something she's going to get over and become your strongest supporter.

Now, your dad on the other hand. . . I can't really comment since you haven't told us his reaction. Hopefully he will be as understanding as your mother was. And yes, it could have gone much worse. I'm hoping that your parents will not kick you out, and make you do this on your own.

Good luck.
0 Replies