I'm 15 and I'm pregnant.. what do I do now??

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:41 pm
Well I just found out that i'm pregnant.. and I'm just looking for any adivce because I have no idea what to do from here. I'm really scared Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 18,515 • Replies: 309
No top replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:45 pm
Have you talked with anyone yet? Parents, sister, brother, friend, teacher? boyfriend?
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:47 pm
My boyfriend knows.. so does my sister.. but I haven't really found the right time to tell my parents yet
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:52 pm
Well Angel.

1 - you can't hide it forever.

Based on that, my advice is that you tell your parents immediately so you can start getting the proper care for the baby.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:58 pm
Yeah I know.. I know I've gotta take responsability for my actions. I'm just not completely sure of how to do it. I don't know what I should or shouldn't be doing..
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:58 pm
If you have not already been to see a doctor, how about going to your nearest OBGYN clinic and asking for advice on how to break the news to your parents. I am sure they are quite experienced with this type of problem and have had many girls go through it. Also it helps if you and your boyfriend tell them together. Be ready for some questions they might ask:
- Are you keeping the baby?
- What the plans are for the future - are you going to remain in school, take time off, boyfriend get a job, etc.
- What do you hope their role will be? If you want to remain at school then tell them you want to discuss if they would assist you with this by helping take care of the baby.

Of course they will be surprised but I am sure your family love you and will support you. A little shock and perhaps some disappointment is natural. They will be worried about how you are going to manage and how young you are to take on such a responsibility. Tell them you will all get through it together. If they see you are not falling to pieces it may reassure them that this is not as bad as they may initially think.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:02 pm
Well I haven't really decided about anything yet. It's all still pretty confusing, and a lot of hard choices..I know I have to tell them, I'm just scared of what they're gonna think.. they're gonna be soo let down.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:14 pm
That's a given Angel - they will feel disappointment. They are not quite ready for their little girl to become a mother. They probably have no idea that you're even having sex yet.

Do you get along pretty well with your Mom? Would you feel better telling her first and asking her to come with you to the doctor to be examined and find out your due date, get information, etc.?
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:21 pm
Yes and no. I know when I tell her it's gonna break her heart and I don't want to disappoint her. But I'd feel better having her or maybe my older sister come with me. Me and my mom have a really good relationship.. I don't think she really knew that I was having sex... She knew I was on the pill but she thought it was to regulate my periods. . I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth. I was being stupid and forgot to take the pill, that's how i got myself pregnant..
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:29 pm
It's not the end of the world and I am sure your parents will quickly realize this. The fact that you are worried about letting them down shows that you learned something from them. You have the ability to care how this will make them feel. Be vocal about that, tell them you are sorry if they are disappointed in you. A parent cannot help but love you even if you make mistakes. Don't delay too much longer or the hurt will be worse. It is not against the rules to be completely truthful and tell them you were afraid to tell them for a few months but then realized that they love you and you need them right now.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:36 pm
thanks.. I hope you're right. I'm trying to make so many choices right now and I don't know where to start.. My boyfriend's trying to be supportive.. he's not sure he's ready to be a dad.. and i'm not sure i'm ready to be a mom.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:44 pm
And there's nothing wrong with not being sure. There's none of us sure of absolutely everything we do. Life is all about learning and experiencing and doing. This is life Angel! I wish you luck.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:45 pm
Angel
My heart goes out to you. Please talk to your parents about this. You probably already know this, but just in case you don't, don't take the pill anymore, don't drink alcohol or take any drugs and you must see an OBGYN ASAP. Be strong girl and know that everything will be ok.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 04:53 pm
Thank you for everything.. I've been thinking about keeping the baby.. but I gotta think about how i'm gonna support myself.. and somehow manage to finish school.. well at least until i'm 16. ..

When am I gonna start to show, baby's first kick... I have no idea about anything that's goin on except that it hurts in the end and you get a baby. ..
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:02 pm
It might be helpful to get a book on giving birth. Why not check out your local library, here are some suggested titles.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:06 pm
First, have you had a really reliable test? You want to be certain, not just sure, before proceeding.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:09 pm
Yeah, I know I'm pregnant, that's a fact.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:12 pm
The sooner you tell your folks, the sooner they can start helping you.
0 Replies

Angel Eyes666

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:15 pm
Yeah I'm planning on telling my mom later tonight.. then we'll figure out a way to tell my dad.. I went to the doctor with my older sister, that's how I found out I was pregnant..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 05:21 pm
Heeven has given you some excellent advice. Go to the library, get some books and do as much reading as you can. I honestly don't remember how far along I was when I felt my son move for the first time, but I'll never forget how amazing it was. I got pregnant when I was 22 and was scared to death, so what your feeling is normal. You do need to see a doctor and make sure you eat right. You and your boyfriend need to work everything out and if both your parents and his are supportive, then that can help you both tremendously.
When you do see an OBGYN, make sure you ask them where you can go to birthing classes and sign both yourself and your boyfriend up for these classes. If you can find parenting classes, join them as well and you'll find that there is a whole bunch of help and support out there for you.

How old is your boyfriend? Is he still in school?
0 Replies