Are there are no heroes in our world?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 12:39 pm
@JTT,
lol...taking things out of context seems to be your favourite hobby...
JTT

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 12:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Pretty lame, Fil. Perhaps you need to explain. But don't worry, you won't.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 12:55 pm
@JTT,
No, you are right, I wont explain what is self explanatory !...conventions are conventions...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 01:01 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...in fact replying with cheap politics to a philosophical attempt on the primary order nature of crime is so low that any explanation would be insulting...yeah you came and interrupt a nice dialogue with crap.
0 Replies

Rorschach

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:46 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
So for you, the popular belief is the reality, and you try to support it with scientific words such as "evolution" and "scientific explanation." Show me a scientific article regarding evolution's connection with hero.
Fat chance.

All that implies by evolution of social species is that the more unique you are, the higher the chance of finding a mate, and having an offspring. But the thing is, with a larger group, you’d get more variation, naturally. The strongest or the smartest ones, naturally are at an advantage, in hierarchical terms. But there will always be room for exceptions.
So, in fact, I'm neither a clown or in a serious delusional state of mind.

You see, but you do not observe the big picture.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:26 pm
@Rorschach,
What ? plenty of paper on social behaviour and self sacrifice of individuals in favour of close genes in neo Darwinism...take ants and bees for instance, the same model holds for humans in a more complex manner...you are shooting water there...what I am saying anyone with half a brain and 10 books reading can get...no big fancy theory, but plain forward thinking...in the social plethora of genotypes there are in fact some groups more prone to self sacrifice and social cooperation then others, but we all are capable of heroic behaviour, in fact it has been the recipe of civilization and our success as a species... the trick has been so successfully steady over aeons it explains the supremacy of social species over concurrence way before we showed up...you see complex tasks involve brain cooperation and brain cooperation requires self sacrifice in the short term to have a gain on the long term...it tends to work. Heroes just take it a step further, a question of magnitude and not a question of needing new investigations on the workings of Darwinism pal...
Rorschach

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:48 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
We are all capable of heroic behavior, and those who do it often are great people, but not heroes, because they'd have live live up to the expectations of others (idolizers) every time, and being a human, that is detriment to their survival.

I see people make someone out to be a lot greater than they actually are, and calling them heroes. It is more common than you think.

In a bee or an ant colony, the herd mentality, sees the queen as the hero, figuratively speaking, and not the ones who sacrifice themselves for the survival of the queen, and colony.

People call them heroes, I call them idols. In reality it is just a made up concept in the mind of each person, which does not exist in reality.

Therefore, I conclude, Heroes do not exist in reality.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:56 pm
@Rorschach,
I don't fancy idols to and yet still think you are over simplifying...heroes need not be a role model...we are debating peanuts.
Rorschach

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Why are you registering the concept of heroes on the emotional level?

People choose their so called "hero" like they do their best friends. They just are a "hero" to that person and so it goes. In reality, such a person is not really a hero. I don't label people into the hero category, because they don't exist, they can't exist.

We probably shall never see eye to eye on this subject of heroes, perhaps some other proposition.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:11 pm
@Rorschach,
People need drama and colour to have a better grasp on reality, a way of making contrast to what sometimes seems blended, that much I grant you all right...but in order to have a plausible conceptual frame of a hero you don't need to dumb it down all the way and then conclude it doesn't exist...any ways I don't feel there is any background main disagreement in this thread besides the natural need of differentiation we all crave to bring on some added value for debates...most discussions are more about that then anything else, and a2k the typical example...on that regard differentiation should have a thread of its own...I would love to read the differentiated views on differentiation craving on a differentiation thread... Laughing
0 Replies

RUNN1NG EMOT10N

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 08:34 pm
I've only skimmed over the 5 pages of posts, but I think, real or not, heroes are important. If people THINK that there are heroes, then they are more likely to aspire to be a hero. It's also nice to have someone or something to believe in/ look up to.

I know it sounds a lot like bribery, but that's the way humans are. We need an incentive to be good.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 09:31 pm
No God or gods, no spiritual help, no Santa, now no heros. What's next? No righteous cause, no good men, no, no,... what's next?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2012 01:34 am
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2012 05:11 am
@snood,
I suspect we shall be wallowing in mud puddles before too long, eagerly anticipating evolution...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2012 01:25 pm
@Cyracuz,
I suspect you are right on that one...
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 11:31 am
@Rorschach,
'Heroes' is an incorrectly defined term... Though it is a betrayal of too many at the moment to define it. Primarily since divinity requires their existence to remain part of tomorrow's endeavors. Lest no heroes exist, then man stands alone and faces God singularly for judgment, more often, well... As God would be God to man, though I digress from total truth.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 07:50 pm
@snood,
Heroism, like charisma, beauty and ugliness, is in the eyes of the beholder.
0 Replies

Ding an Sich

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 08:42 am
@Rorschach,
I think you're missing half of the story here. A Hero is not only an individual who performs noble or great deeds, but also has good qualities as well. So, it seems that you're missing a vital part of what makes a hero, well, a hero.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 09:13 am
@snood,
What's next? Well eventually no Snood and no JLNobody. Rejoice.
imans

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2012 09:41 am
@Ding an Sich,
literally hero is here o, which point a present right being or movin as existing

zero is present zero is real, then existence is absolute

in all logics zero is the opposition of present, killin present is always through zero
so when zero act as here then existence is true

the joke is what u point hero as a sacrifice thrown to void resolution

while any hero state definitely any existing since even nothing is presently free by being real

enjoy ur heroes u send to hell till hell come to take u directly instead of waitin what u stand or send