How many queers are on this forum?

engineer

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 11:06 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

This reminds me of the time where aidan told us that she's a male psychology student and she's only here at a2k to get good study material.
She just went ballistic then, actually a few other times too, but who is counting, eh? Too bad the search engine doesn't work or I would have quoted her statements from then.

You just have to use the right search engine: http://able2know.org/topic/105311-1
Sturgis

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 11:29 am
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Girls, you certainly showed the queers (who are all reading along ) what
a good cat fight is.

Not even close. A real cat fight is when all the old queens snarl and sharpen our claws. A few verbal spars and jabs and pfft! The wannabe queens will be left with their taffeta gowns in tatters and their cheap Duane-Reade brand makeup smeared all over their faces as they wipe away tears. (a real queen buys quality and knows to dab the tears. No, not their own tears, the real queen occasionally shows compassion for the wannabes, dabbing gently with acid soaked rags.)
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 11:53 am
@engineer,
Omg, thank you so much, engineer! Yes, that was one of the threads....
I had to laugh when Kicky asked on page 3 if anyone cared about the initial question at all - we derailed threads left and right back then. Thank you again!! Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 11:54 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, you're always full of surprises. Here I thought you're the shy, quiet
wall flower and then you're the pro in queer/queen fighting. Deep waters.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 12:22 pm
Thanks for the research engineer. That thread cracked me up...and I miss smorgs
0 Replies

cs33717

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:23 pm
Try living in the same community as some of these bitchy queers and you'll be wanting to move out of town as I soon will be!
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:28 pm
@cs33717,
umm bye bye! Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:35 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

I come here to talk about issues.

Then why are you even posting on this thread?

This wasn't an issues thread, just a light hearted post from one queer asking how many other queers are here.

Not exactly Roe vs Wade.

Why not talk about issues with people who don't upset you so much?
That seems like the logical thing to me, to avoid people who vex you.

Yet you keep coming back for more.

chai2

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

This reminds me of the time where aidan told us that she's a male psychology student and she's only here at a2k to get good study material.

I know!
That's what I was sayin!

(let's watch for the response to your comment jane)

For what it's worth, if aidan can't tell I was giving her the business, well, I just don't know.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:49 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

I know I've learned a lot from this...not the least of which is that I'm going to have to start telling my journalism students that "inmate" is apparently no longer an objective, factual term, but a politically incorrect one. I wonder what term we should be using now..."liberationally-challenged," maybe? Drunk

Guests of the state (wait, this is in England. Guests of the Queen maybe?)

How about "convicted rapist/murderer/felon/pedophile" etc.

That's pretty acurate.
I mean, that have been tried and found guilty, and convicted of their heinous crimes, haven't they?

I googled "work inmate politically incorrect" and found a story from 2008 where someone was saying they should be called prisoners.

Well, duh yes they are prisoners.

That implies they are being kept against their will. I'm sure all the prisoners Would rather be free to continue raping, killing, stealing etc.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Eva

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 09:43 pm
@chai2,
I don't know. Somehow, "prisoners" sounds much more harsh to me than "inmates." Perhaps we should ask someone at Associated Press, although "inmate" does seem to be the predominant term used in the media today. From the first few pages of a Google search...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ill-calif-inmate-dies-hours-release-16490550
http://www.ktul.com/story/18721664/osbi-mans-murder-for-hire-plot-foiled-by-inmate
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/07/us-ordered-to-say-if-ri-inmate-faces-death-penalty/
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Inmate-loses-her-stash-on-video-3595335.php
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Ohio-gov-issues-condemned-inmate-2-week-reprieve-3609161.php
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/18678453/escaped-inmate-caught-in-benton-county
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/30/us-usa-deathrow-suicide-idUSBRE84T1LV20120530
...ad infinitum
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 09:46 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Then why are you even posting on this thread?

This wasn't an issues thread, just a light hearted post from one queer asking how many other queers are here.

And I told a 'light hearted' story about a practical joke somebody pulled on me at work. And then you told me that I was gay.
Whatever.
I stand by everything I said. You don't vex me Chai - I find you incredibly amusing.

What do you mean by doing the business- or giving me the business? I seriously don't know what you mean by that.

Yeah - and I stand by my earlier post that Engineer dug up. It's true. I'm very unpopular here - but I don't give a ****. I've always shown my true colors. And the 'big lie' about me being the male psychology student was in response to the passive aggressive bullying I was getting back then - it was a JOKE! It was giving as good as I had gotten.
I will say though, being new to internet forums back then, I was a little shocked at the enmity shown to me by people I'd never met - still am - but it doesn't get to me anymore.
People do what they feel the got to do - whatever.

I'm still here because I'm interested in life's rich tapestry.
For instance - I KNEW Calamity Jane would show up t0 pick over the carcass of this whole to-do. You girls remind me of a bunch of teenagers who are like, 'Well, we don't like you and we're not gonna let you hang out with us, and if you try to, we'll just be REALLY MEAN and keep telling you that 'We don't like you...'
Might have worked when I was seven or thirteen - but not now.

See me, I believe people can change- that's why I do what I do. If someone was only the sum of their worst moments....like you want to believe these 'prisoners' I work with are - why would that person even want to go on in life?
So I'm not going to continue to label people who I see trying to change by the label - murderer, rapist, thief- that applies to something they did at the lowest moment in their life - maybe because they were drugged, desperate, hurting confused- when I see them struggling and trying to change and become something better.
Maybe you don't believe in redemption - I do.
And I'm never gonna sit there and let people **** on me or ANYONE else - even people I don't know - without saying my peace.

You don't like it - put me on ignore - don't read it. Because I will say what I want to say.

Anyway Chai - the men at the prison were as surprised as I was to hear I was gay- looks like I had them all fooled too. We had a great laugh yesterday - hope you had a nice day too.
And that's for real - I don't wish harm on you or anyone on this forum.
Go with god (or whatever you believe in) and have a happy life.

I got my Isle of Wight festival wristband last night- you can believe I'm not feeling vexed at all- so don't worry about me.

URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-5007506
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 09:58 pm
@chai2,
Apparently you can't imagine being an inmate. I can.
Heinous crimes? sometimes. A lot are dealing with some sort of strange caging, at least in California.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:16 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
...Guests of the state (wait, this is in England. Guests of the Queen maybe?)

How about "convicted rapist/murderer/felon/pedophile" etc.

That's pretty acurate.
I mean, that have been tried and found guilty, and convicted of their heinous crimes, haven't they?...

Well, they were judged, alright. (And not by me.)

I believe it is fair to state (although I am absolutely certain that aidan will find some way to disagree with whatever I say) that those individuals who are sent to prisons have been determined by the law to be so dysfunctional as to be a threat to the community and therefore, their incarceration is in society's best interests. Notwithstanding the fact that some of these individuals are no doubt kind and loving and would be model citizens if and when they are released, collectively they are a group that, at present, judges have determined should be removed from regular contact with society. While I whole-heartedly support efforts at therapeutic rehabilitation and reintegration into the community following release, I find it downright disingenuous (and dangerous) to claim that such individuals are "victims of society" and not personally responsible for their mistakes. I admire those with the intestinal fortitude and patience to try to help incarcerated individuals, and I wish them the best of luck. After all, it is in everyone's best interest that they succeed.
aidan

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:24 pm
Quote:
I find it downright disingenuous (and dangerous) to claim that such individuals are "victims of society" and not personally responsible for their mistakes.

And who made such a claim?

And no Eva- I don't disagree just to disagree with anyone. Why are you so certain you know what I will do? We've never met. I don't claim to know anything about you at all - and I wouldn't - I DON'T.

I do hold people responsible for their actions and 'mistakes'.
I also acknowledge that fact that alot of the people I work with are full of remorse and regret and actively trying to change, because they HAVE taken responsibility for their mistakes - or even what they admit were unwise conscious decisions they made at one time, that they wouldn't make now.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:42 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

..... that fact that alot of the people I work with are full of remorse and regret and actively trying to change, because they HAVE taken responsibility for their mistakes.....

You're working for the prison chapel? Statistics tell a different picture,
not only aren't they remorseful and have taken responsibility for their actions, they are in all probability repeat offenders too.

What I find most amusing is that you would tell prisoners that you are (supposedly) gay and you all had a good laugh. Even the Brothers Grimm couldn't have come up with **** like that.

You know what your problem is, aidan? You paint your world in a color that you think could be pretty, except you're not a good painter and reality sets in and people call you on it. Once this happens you get all bend and out of shape. It's a pattern with you and it has happened over and over again here on a2k and it's not always with the same people either - they just chime in and give input, like I did.

In a way I feel sorry for you, you seem very lonely. For a simple yes/no question you elaborate extensively and digress into different stories with even more details. It's not a problem, really, it is just indicative of people who have no one else to communicate with.
aidan

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:45 pm
Oh my god! Another counsellor?! And I don't even have to pay for this! Thank you Calamity Jane - for telling me all about myself and my problems- and I don't even have to ASK for all this help - much less PAY!
Eva

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:48 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Quote:
I find it downright disingenuous (and dangerous) to claim that such individuals are "victims of society" and not personally responsible for their mistakes.

And who made such a claim?

I've heard it repeatedly through the years, starting when I was still in high school in the 1960s. The last time I heard it was during a city council meeting just last year...by one of our city councilors, no less. People were (rightly, I believe) incensed. Don't take that statement personally, it didn't refer to you. If it had, I would have said so.

And no Eva- I don't disagree just to disagree with anyone. Why are you so certain you know what I will do? We've never met. I don't claim to know anything about you at all - and I wouldn't - I DON'T.

Yes, you do. And you have. Right here on this thread. Go back and read your posts. You've accused me of all sorts of things I never said or meant. You've read things into my statements that you wanted to hear because you were angry at Chai and I was a convenient target. You are the one who has been judgmental here, not me.

I do hold people responsible for their actions and 'mistakes'.
I also acknowledge that fact that alot of the people I work with are full of remorse and regret and actively trying to change, because they HAVE taken responsibility for their mistakes - or even what they admit were unwise conscious decisions they made at one time, that they wouldn't make now.

Well, that is good. I wish you luck.
Goodnight and goodbye.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:49 pm
@aidan,
Your welcome!! Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:50 pm
I am gay (not queer, I think I am perfectly normal) but only because Eva went off and married someone else. I had no choice but to find solace in a man's crot...errrr I meant arms.