campaign 2004...misinformation and "black propaganda"

blatham

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 05:24 am
McG

I understand we tend to hold different viewpoints on certain matters important to both of us. But I truly don't believe you could find any statement or claim from Moore which is even close to being so vile as this example from Coulter above.

If you like, we could take a number of quotations from these two individuals (or any two) and then discuss each in some detail.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:52 am
yes, truly, lets get back to the real issues that present themselves . Personally Im deeply embarrased that my statement above, made purely for cyber-posterity, should have started such a reaction . Although I must admit, the varied interpretations of the porcine form are quite appropriate, especially the Limbaugh pig with his rocket-man pack.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:34 am
farmerperson

Whoosh Limbaugh? Werner von Bacon? Space Spork?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:55 am
"Rush from Uranus"

"excrements in Broadcasting'
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 09:47 am
Hmmm... This thread is just getting downright wierd.

In any case, I have a strong feeling that this election is going to come down to this:

http://users.jagunet.com/~disrael/Shithead%20Vote.jpg
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 10:05 am
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 02:04 pm
Just more liberal elitist nonsense degrading the general population.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 03:33 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Seriously dude, your starting to piss me the f*ck off with your bullshit.

You think the average American really understands even HALF of the situation going on in this country? Do you think their opinions on the state of the union go much deeper than 4 second politician soundbites, or rants by Rush and his ilk?

If you do, I'll donate a quarter so you can go buy yourself a clue.

Speaking on behalf of myself, I've known of WAY too many people who voted for Bush because he looked like his father and seemed "nicer" than Gore. WTF? Whatever happened to a little research? How about voting for a person based on their opinions and plans to lead the country? And dont' give me some claptrap about how that's just MY experience. Its generally known how the attention span of the average American has started to get dangerously short.

Better still is when I hear a schmuck mention some Conservative "AM talk" catchphrase like "We have too much freedom in this country", or "Immigrants are destroying us" or "We got Saddam, so it was worth it".
Actually, I personally like to hear it, because 90% of the time, I'll call them out, force them to give me the justification for that opinion (just to hear their argument peter out after about 5 seconds of grasping at straws), whereupon I happily destry their claim with such interesting things as facts and intelligent deconstruction of their lemminglike arguments. Nothing like exposing ignorance.
Then again, it does get more and more depressing to know that for every one fool I shoot down, there are thousands more just like him that don't have anyone nearby to correct them.

Come on, man. The "general population" made more of a scene of Janet Jackson's tit than they did to the realization that Pakistan has done everything we accused Iraq of doing, yet it hardly makes a scene in the news.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 04:31 pm
Heywood
Heywood, you are so right that you can never underestimate the laziness and stupidity of the American electorate.

My mother told me that she wouldn't vote for Thomas Dewey because she didn't like his mustache.

http://ronwade.freeservers.com/templateDEWEY.html

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 04:57 pm
Heywood wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Seriously dude, your starting to piss me the f*ck off with your bullshit.

You didn't ask if I care.

Heywood wrote:
More liberal elitist crap

You judge the general population by what you see on TV. The only people I saw making any issue over Janet's tit was the media and the politicians. I have yet to tlak to anyone about it that really gave a **** about it. Oh, and all the liberals that complain and whine about it. But liberals tend to complain and whine about so much these days I just overlook it anymore.

If you don't like the way American politics works or that EVERYONE gets to vote and choose our representatives, you are welcome to move.

Is it really your belief that only certain people should be able to vote?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 05:05 pm
McG, I would rather grind salt in my eyes than speak further with you on this.

I just want to clarify that not once did I say "More liberal elitist crap" in my post, and its unappreciated that you quoted me as saying so in the middle of your reply.

I don't know why you did, I don't care. Just fix it if possible.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 05:24 pm
If I recall McG, it is this administration that has decided to make Ms jacksons boob a big deal. Could there be a baser motive that FCC has?

i like your revisionist interpretations, theyre funny.
meanwhile, the admin leads a life that makes Buchanan or Hardings watch look half competent .
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 05:50 pm
Whistles, gunshots in the air, steerin them dowgies back onto the trail...

McG is guilty, on a more than occassional basis, of committing the same sort of reasoning/rhetorical errors as, to pick just one name, pistoff. Generalizations such as 'liberal elitist crap' or 'greedy stupid republican bullshit' aren't helpful.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 05:57 pm
I wholeheartedly agree, speaking as a member of the Elitist Liberal camp!
In seriousness, McGent seems to personify the stereotypical blue collar, "reg'lar joe" so beloved of the American self image. Someone with little faith in "book larnin'" and fond of violence and "individuality." Frightened of those more educated than he, the "reg'lar joe" values wealth and possessions far more than abstractions and ideas. This is the sort the far right sees as their constituency,a and this group may indeed be counted on to approve policies that are directly harmful to them,as long as they are adequately rewarded with handy catch phrases and bill-caps with logos on them.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:04 pm
HobitBob
HobitBob, I don't get the impression of McGentrix as you describe him (or her). Rather I see him as a student in college, smart, but offering almost cliche platitudes based on what he learned in the area in which he was raised.

Now we are all guilty of such prattling, but McGentrix seems to have a severe case, which may only be cured by wider exposure to the diversity of people in the US---hopefully with an open and curious mind.

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:08 pm
Gee willickers! I've been exposed!

Your continued degradation of the American public as "reg'lar joe" does not impress me. You guys seem so caught up in your pointless philosophies on how to ruin our culture you fail to realize that our culture neither needs saving, nor does it wish to be saved by the likes of the liberals.

I will gladly carry the burden of being a "reg'lar joe". Many of you are so out of touch with reality that you need someone like me just to bring you back down to earth. Just remember that it's people like me that make policy, not people like you.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:26 pm
McGent, I'm sure the rest of the proles are glad to have you as their standard dragger! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:39 pm
Now I'm curious.........how old are you McG? If you don't mind telling.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:20 pm
Lola wrote:
Now I'm curious.........how old are you McG? If you don't mind telling.

Hell, if you're thinking of using his age to devalue his opinion, why not ask him what color he is too? (If he doesn't mind, of course.) :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 01:09 pm
Hobitbob is closer to fact. I am married, two kids, a dog and a shed. I own my own home and I come from a military family. I am nearly beyond my mid-thirties and I am white...er...Euro-American...

I have a Bachelor's degree in Biology and education and a masters degree in computer science. The last time I was "Frightened of those more educated than he" was kindergarten.

I am buddhist.

Anything else?
0 Replies