Guess what guys! Im gonna be a big sister! :)

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 07:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
Cool! What does 'a sense of asphalt' mean? I think Madison is soo pretty and girly. Its perfect.

And Thanks MontereyJack! You're really nice! Smile
chai2

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 07:56 am
@GracieGirl,
He means since the Madisons are all streets, and streets are made of asphalt, he thinks about asphalt when he thinks of Madison.

Just my opinion, but Madison is one of those names that are popular right now for some reason, but won't be in a few years, like the next decade. Keep in mind all the females given a girly girl name are one day going to be grown up women, and for a long time.

It's trendy.

On the other hand, names like Grace, Katherine, Paul, Dan etc. are names for the long haul.

But hey, I guess your dad and gf probably will have some say in it... Wink
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 12:43 pm
@chai2,
Ohh,okay. I get it now. Thanks chai.

Well, Madison can be a grown up name too. But yeah, neither my dad or Katie likes it.

Katie likes Jocelyn, Paige and Megan for girls and Owen (her dads name), or Dylan for a boy. I think Megan and Dylan are okay but the other ones are gross. She wants to name the baby after my dad if its a boy too. I think thats cool.

Dan and Paul are boring boy names chai. Laughing
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 12:55 pm
@GracieGirl,
Congratulations on being a big sister soon, Gracie. You'll love having a baby around.
Yes, names are important and can be a joke sometimes - it's best not to take
a name that's too unusual or too common - something simple in the middle would do it.

I love Claire - namely because of this song (Gilbert O'Sullivan is an Irish singer and he composed this song for his daughter when she was born)

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 01:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
Awww! Thats the sweetest. I like that song. There's a song called Gracie by Ben Folds. He wrote it for his daughter too. I dont like it that much though but its cool to have a song with my name even though its common,lol. Smile

Thanks Momma CJ! Claire and Madison and Kayla are my favorite names so far. Smile
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 02:52 pm
re Owen: had a girlfriend whose son was named Owen, which is a Celtic name. He went on a school trip to Ireland and somebody there told him the Gaelic spelling of the name was Eoin. He came back and started spelling it that way. The first time a friend of his saw it, she couldn't figure out how it was pronounced, and said "Yoin?" He spent his senior year being called Yoinky. Just sayin'...
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 03:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yoinky?! Hahahaha!!! Laughing You're silly. Well what names do YOU recommend MontereyJack? I'm gonna just call you Jack from now on, is that okay?

I like Mia or Mya or Mackenzie
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 03:24 pm
@GracieGirl,
I think you are going to have a lot of children later, off course, in life, ya got too many names ya like Smile

Ehhhermmm Paige is my step-daugther's name and I like it, cause it grows on you calling it out all the time Smile
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 07:00 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Haha! Noo way! I wouldn't even know how to be a good mom! Laughing
I'm gonna have tons of pets though! Dogs and kittens and rabbits and turtles and hamsters and a horse! Very Happy
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 07:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Paige is a pretty name and Katie really likes it but there was a mean girl in my class named Paige last year so I don't wanna name my sister after her. Laughing
JTT

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:53 pm
@GracieGirl,
I read that at first as Big Sister as in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters organization.

But this is just as cool. It'll be Gracie teaching real English grammar to her little sister/brother.

Names - something original like Moon Unit. Smile
hamilton

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:11 am
@GracieGirl,
That's great, Gracie! I'm glad for you and your family! Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:01 pm
@JTT,
Haha! JTT your soo funny! Thank you! Very Happy
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:05 pm
@hamilton,
THANK YOU HAMMIE! Mr. Green

You're the sweetest! Smile Wanna help with name ideas and stuff. Your a boy, any boy names you like? Smile
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:52 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
I don't wanna name my sister

best answer right there.

It'll be up to your parents eh.

~~~

You can use the names you like for your pets later in your life. You've got a nice collection to pick from.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:54 pm
@ehBeth,
my first dog as a grown-up was named Madison.

(I had just seen splash...)
hamilton

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 05:48 pm
@GracieGirl,
Nick...
Adam...
Joeseph?
andrew...
I'l post as I think...
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 05:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Well its not just up to Katie, the new baby's gonna be my little brother or sister. I want it to have a awesome name, besides Katie said she wants us to help. Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 05:23 pm
@Rockhead,
That's a awesome name for a awesome doggy. What kinda dog was it? Smile
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 05:24 pm
@hamilton,
What do you think about 'Gavin'? We all really like it! Smile