IS IT JUST ME?

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:38 am
@Butrflynet,
Yes I wondered the same thing. I thought that was what the intent and distinction of Groups and Forums. This all seems to have been rendered as still-born.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:39 am
@Setanta,
So as you point the bony finger at him...how does that help the discourse? Tit for tat..as you are showing your own grudge you carry forth.
djjd62

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:42 am
@Ragman,
farmerman wrote:
I like the Thankgiving dinner analogy

Ragman wrote:
how does that help the discourse?

im gonna wait for the dessert course, hope it's punkin pie
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:43 am
@farmerman,
Oh how I wish that I could be nasty toward at least half of A2K's mean posters so I wouldn't bore so many people.

BBB Sad Sad Confused Confused Embarrassed Embarrassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes 2 Cents 2 Cents 2 Cents
Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:48 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Personally, I can nearly tolerate meanness. People can be dyspeptic and it doesn't throw me. Some just have dour views of the world in general. I can choose to scroll past or ignore and shrug my shoulders at that behavior. What I can't abide by is senseless negativity and pettiness just for the sake of sadistic pleasure. Some do it because they can. Click..click...shrink..shrink.

Waving bubye to Uncle Farts-alot.
Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:56 am
@Ragman,
How did it help the discourse for FM to have made the remark in the first place? It seems to me you're giving him a pass while looking down your nose at me. When i read your post, i was pretty sure you were making a remark about me, which is why i chose to answer it--your petty and frequent self-righteous attitude is just as tedious. If someone comes after me, they can expect the same in return, and that includes you. I don't cherish a grudge, but i also won't pass by snotty comments in silence. I find a response has the effect of limiting their occasion.
Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:57 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Waving bubye to Uncle Farts-alot.

How does that help the discourse? Hypocrite.
Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 11:59 am
@Setanta,
You still have the choice of scrolling past and/or letting it go. When either of you don't, collectively (not peronally), it drags things down and poof there goes the neighborhood.

click click...shrink shrink
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:01 pm
@Ragman,
You are such a TURD!!!

Is that mean enough for both of you? Or do I have to practice more?

BBB
Rockhead

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:01 pm
I think a better analogy than the turkey dinner thing might be a group of 3rd graders whose teacher has left the room...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:02 pm
@Setanta,
Actually the comment wasn't intended towards you. My intent was simply a commentary about such behavior. Can you not deal with constructive criticism at all?
Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:03 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Huh? Now, I'm perplexed! I feel misinterpreted once again.

Feel free to carry on as you wish. My attempts failed at trying to improve the level of conversation -- and has gone negative. I'm baffled when I use humor and chiding and refer to a problem behavior ... NOT as an ad hominem. People who look for trouble often find it.
Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:09 pm
@Ragman,
How is it constructive to criticize me for responding to a slighting personal remark? You are showing a very skewed interpretation of the sequence of posts.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:09 pm
@Ragman,
I think the meanest I've gotten is when I told OmSigDAVID last month to "go to hell" about his constant defense of the gun-money crazy NRA. I really dislike him.

Was I mean enough---yet?

BBB
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:10 pm
@Setanta,
Can you not understand the distinction of criticizing a behavior..not criticism of the person? Waht I offered was a constructive suggestion of a behavior that affects more than a few in the forum. You can choose disagree, to ignore it or say...hmm..maybe there's truth.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:11 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Ragman wrote:
See...now where this thread has gone ... (ad hominem) is where I walk off and read a book.

You betcha . . . FM had no business making that snarky remark about holding a grudge.

Is this a self-parody?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:12 pm
By the way, argumentum ad hominem means that rather than answer someone else's position or criticism, one makes a personal remark. I answered FM's snotty remark by pointing out that i'm not bearing a grudge by ignoring the named members, i'm just walking away. Now, i might decide the best way to deal with you is to just walk away, to no longer trouble myself with your hypocritical self-righteousness.
Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:13 pm
@Setanta,
I wish for you peace and to have a good day.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:16 pm
@Setanta,
I think I'm beginning to catch on to meanness and will try one.

Setanta, why are you always bragging about how smart you are about world history? I think OmSigDAVID has more wisdom about it than you do. Shame on you, history hogging show off!!!

BBB Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 12:26 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
nt. Maybe that's why others have lefft. Me, i just got nastier as people got nasty with me. These days, there's a few creeps like Spurious, Sturgis or JTT whom i ignore--i do try not to feed the trolls. But i'd say the core members have changed, in some cases for the worse, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I wasn't planning to respond anywhere in this thread; but, now that you made yet another attack, by citing my name, I will.

You Setanta are one of the worst and most offensive creatures I have ever encountered anywhere on the Internet. Not just a pompous ass, who while having limited intelligence is nowhere near as bright as he pretends to be.

You have hoodwinked some folks into believing you are a decent man; however, the truth is you aren't.

A while back as I was still in the process of putting myself back together and relearning verbal skills, I accidentally refered to you as Sport. You not only went nuclear, you instructed me to "hurry up and die". Nice work on your part considering my near death run was still front and center in my mind at the time.

Any number of reasons I may have called you Sport. I may have been trying to get your name, at that time and even now I often begin a word and another one ends up written out. Usually I preview and edit. Maybe I was paying you a compliment by giving you a moniker the way you hurl "Boss" at so many people. It doesn't matter. You proved yourself a lowlife that day, you never apologized, felt nothing wrong with what you did, instead went on a rampage after that, making comments that you were ignoring me.

I know the Sport thing took place in one of your many dumbass parody threads, which you hadn't tagged prior to even suggest that was what it was and each response which came in that treated it seriously, you attacked and called the poster an idiot or some other.

The truth is I didn't continue along hurling nasties at you after that. I've rarely responded directly to you, entered in very few of your threads, in an annual one that you place, I enter the thread because it relates to one of the sweetest and most charming persons on this site.

When a thread turns nasty, I tend to exit. The only time I respond to the negative ****** in the thread is when they come directly after me or if they make a factual blunder.

You are dead to me Setanta.