Florida's Stand your Ground law

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 05:07 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
The Guardian Angels are unarmed and they work with the police and follow their directions. They aren't vigilantes..
The police resented them anyway,
at the beginning. Thay saw them as non-PBA members
who were trying to do what thay were doing,
without getting paid for it; (like scab labor).

Thay r used to them by now.

There is nothing rong with being VIGILANT.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 07:30 pm
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/28/1078689/-Breaking-Police-Survelance-Video-No-Blood-No-bruises-on-Zimmerman

ABC has police surveillance video of Zimmerman being brought in that night; dude has no broken nose, no blood on him at all, no lacerations on the back of his head, and no grass stains on him that I can see.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm sure David will be along to tell us how when you shoot someone that is on top of you, they don't bleed.
roger

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Just saw that from another source. Wonder how he got those injuries.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:14 pm
He sure does look clean. He's also walking pretty well for someone who allegedly just got beaten up and slammed on the sidewalk.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:18 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Just saw that from another source. Wonder how he got those injuries.

Didn't you mean, 'wonder IF he got those injuries?'

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:20 pm
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-28/news/os-trayvon-martin-prosecutor-corey-20120328_1_grand-jury-special-prosecutor-civil-rights-leaders

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 08:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What I thought was the injuries were real, but received some time later by one of those remarkable coincidences. You think otherwise, fine.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 09:53 pm
@roger,
Are you saying the cops gave them to him in order to back his story. Wouldent be the first time the police helped out a friend.
roger

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:12 pm
@RABEL222,
If he was in fact injured, and it can be shown (as it seems to have been) that he was uninjured at the time he was taken into custody, it follows that he was injured later - to state the obvious. No rush to judgement, but it's within the range of possibilities that someone indeed tried to help him back up the story.

Police? They would have to have really liked the guy. Possibly, he has friends. I think some suspicion is justified.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:13 pm
Quote:
It’s bigger than Trayvon Martin now
By Tim F. March 28th, 2012

If the Sanford, Florida police department did not stink before, it positively reeks now. I’m iPad blogging and don’t have the time or energy to dig up each link, but today I learned that the cops coached witnesses to say that they heard the shooter crying for help, that someone has systematically leaked private information to smear the victim’s character and that the Martin’s body did not have any sign of the kind of hand and knuckle injuries that you get when you severely beat someone with your bare hands, especially someone with a hundred pounds of muscle on you. I learned that the morgue identified the young victim right away but filed him as a ‘John doe’ until much later when his father filed a missing persons report. I read that the Sanford city council asked the DOJ to step in after they were utterly overwhelmed by police racism complaints at their last meeting.

The Martin/Zimmerman police report said that the shooter had a broken nose and grass all over his clothes, and Zimmerman claimed that his victim banged his head repeatedly on the road. Now ABC news has video of the night when they brought Zimmerman in for questioning and – surprise! – his shaved head looks pristine, his nose looks fine and his clothes look like he just washed them. If the cops thought he might have blood on him then protocol requires them to touch him with gloves. They seem fine with bare hands.

Anyone care to explain how this does not stink as bad as it seems? Anyone?

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2012/03/28/its-bigger-than-trayvon-martin-now/

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:25 pm
Also in Wednesday news, there was a 13 year old witness who wasn't questioned until a week after the shooting. A police department leak alleged that the kid said it was Zimmerman yelling for help and was down on the ground. The kid's mother says that's absolutely false, the police interrogators tried to get him to say it was Zimmerman, but he refused, saying it was dark and he coulodn't even see the race of the person on the ground. His mother says one of the examiners said in an aside to her that it was not self-defense. Looks like, to paraphrase Shakespeare, something is rotten in the state of Florida.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/28/10909475-witness-mom-says-police-told-her-trayvon-martin-shooting-wasnt-self-defense
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:44 pm
It's becoming impossible to keep an open mind on this, isn't it? It's beginning to sound like Sanford is going to need a whole new police department.
panzade

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 11:47 pm
@roger,
I agree Roger. That's why I started asking questions about the police. That's where the banality of evil surfaced.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 04:00 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
I'm sure David will be along to tell us how
when you shoot someone that is on top of you, they don't bleed.
What actually HAPPENS in the dynamics of close quarters battle
is unpredictable, and almost, nearly unretrodictable,
witness the heated debates of so many decades of how kennedy
was shot, even tho we all knew exactly where Oswald was
and we had kennedy lined up with Gov. John Connally.
Fools were forever complaining about a "magic bullet",
failing to take into account that Connally had turned a little.

It just goes to show that u never know.

David
boomerang

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 06:35 am
It seems some police station security footage has turned up showing Zimmerman not looking beat up:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 07:50 am
Yeah. I guess since the forces of "justice" and "law enforcement" in this country seem to be openly working in a vacuum that somehow doesn't allow them to act (as in arrest and indict Zimmerman) in accordance with ALL the available evidence, they have to be dragged into doing the right thing kicking and screaming, by the sheer weight of public opinion fueled by this kind of media attention.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 07:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Blood spatter is predictable David. Gravity is also predictable.

What does Oswald's shooting Kennedy from a distance have to do with anything? Did Kennedy not bleed all over Jackie?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 08:10 am
Oh, man, what a horrendoma.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 09:32 am
Quote:
The funeral director who prepared Trayvon Martin’s body for burial told HLN’s Nancy Grace Wednesday that he did not see any cuts or bruises on the teen’s hands that would have been indicative of a struggle with George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed the Florida teen.
[snip]
“As for his hands and knuckles, I didn’t see any evidence he had been fighting anybody,” Kurtz said.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/03/28/funeral-director-saw-no-signs-fight-trayvons-hands

You don't get into a fight where you break someone's nose and beat their head against the concrete, with no cuts or bruises on your hands and not a single drop of blood or visible mark on the person who was supposedly being beat.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies