Florida's Stand your Ground law

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 10:10 pm
@oralloy,
It looks as if the Florida legislature is about to consider major changes to Florida's stand your ground law:
http://wfla.com/2017/03/05/florida-lawmakers-want-to-change-stand-your-ground-law/
http://wfla.com/2017/03/06/pasco-movie-theater-shooting-case-could-be-impacted-by-stand-your-ground-law-changes/

If the changes pass, it will become much more difficult for the State of Florida to prosecute someone who claims a stand your ground defense.
camlok

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 02:02 pm
@oralloy,
It's going to make it much much easier for Americans to shoot one another.

Where do these brainwashed children come from?
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:15 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
It's going to make it much much easier for Americans to shoot one another.

I believe the difficulty of shooting remains the same.

camlok wrote:
Where do these brainwashed children come from?

What children are you asking about?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 04:50 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
3 years ago, a then 71 year old retired police officer got irrationally angry at a man for using a cell phone during the PREVIEWS BEFORE A MOVIE. He complained to the guy, he complained to the management, he continued to press the issue. The guy confronted him and threw popcorn at him. The retired cop then drew his gun and murdered a 43 year old who had been texting the babysitter who was watching his 3 year old. A judge will rule this week whether Florida's "Stand Your Ground" (aka shoot first and get away with murder) law applies. He deserves to spend what little is left of his life in prison. Let's see how this plays out.

Quote:
What you need to know for Friday, March 10

* Circuit Judge Susan Barthle is expected to issue a ruling today in the Curtis Reeves case following his two-week "stand your ground" hearing. She could declare that Reeves is entitled to immunity from prosecution or she could send the case to trial and let a jury decide. The judge promised her order would be released no later than 3 p.m. Check in with tampabay.com to read her ruling.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/what-you-need-to-know-for-friday-march-10/2316084
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:22 pm
The judge in the Curtis Reeves "Stand Your Ground" hearing denied the motion for Reeves to use the "Stand Your Ground" defense in the controversial movie theater shooting. Finally, some sanity in the courtroom in FL Now on to the trial.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 05:47 am
@jcboy,
I was bginning to become a bit scared of visiting some relatives in Flagler Beach . If popcorn becomes a valid weapon in which deadly force can be used, I dont wanna live there.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 05:52 am
@farmerman,
I watched the clip bout chqnges to the Stand your ground law".
Whats obvious is that the entire legislature is suffering from brain fog.
2nd Amendment should not be an excuse for commiting murder.
oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 08:28 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I watched the clip bout chqnges to the Stand your ground law".
Whats obvious is that the entire legislature is suffering from brain fog.

They seem competent enough to me.

farmerman wrote:
2nd Amendment should not be an excuse for commiting murder.

Who says it is?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:09 am
@farmerman,
I sure don't miss living in Florida, it was like going back in time 25 years!
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:01 am
@jcboy,
I did a lot of phosphate mining work and would stay in Imakolee every so often. People were carrying guns in holsters . I wouldnt let my guys go into tverns or restaurants that served booze for fer of gunfights breaking out. This happened on a few occasions. Give some people booze and a gun and you have a total asshole to be dealing with.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 12:57 pm
There were two things which got to me in the story and it didn't really have anything to do with George Zimmerman shooting the drugged-out asshole who was trying to kill him by beating his head against pavement; no rational reasonable person could have any sort of a problem with that. The problems were:

1. Bork Obunga announcing to the world that "If I had a son, he would look like Travon Martin!!" Trayvon looked like an asshole because he WAS an asshole. Any decent person would have himself or herself fixed if they thought they were in any danger of having children which looked like Trayvon Martin. The question which the entire world was asking was "What kind of a lunatic ideologue asshole freak have the asshole libtards succeeded at putting into the White House??

2. Large numbers of brainwashed American Negroes actually making some sort of a perverted cause out of the same drugged out stupid son of a bitch (Martin) and, under the orchestration of the same ideologue asshole freak (Obunga) beginning to search the landscape for similar causes and then, this being on top of voting 95% against the American middle class for the past 40 years, wondering why nobody likes them anymore.

Generally, nothing good can come of somebody like Bork Obunga bringing American race relations back to point which nobody had seen since 1920.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 01:40 pm
@gungasnake,
my my, we are certainly wound up today. Perhaps you should go find a thread where someone actually gives a racist **** what you have to say. K?

Go wash your hoody an make som crosses for the springtime Aryan outings.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 01:47 pm
When you think about it, what Trayvon Martin really was, was a Negro version of Horst Wessel... Basically a poster child for phony causes.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 01:47 pm
@farmerman,
Sheesh! Grumpy today?

Gungasnake was correct. Obama really did say that if he had a son he'd be like Trayvon. I remember when he said it.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 01:56 pm
@oralloy,
So what? Anyway, gunga is jut screaming at traffic again. He needs some affirmation that hes not just some nutcase, Im sorry Im fresh out of pity for him.
oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 02:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
So what?

So what was wrong with him pointing that out?

farmerman wrote:
Anyway, gunga is jut screaming at traffic again. He needs some affirmation that hes not just some nutcase,

He's making polite on-topic posts on a messageboard.

farmerman wrote:
Im sorry Im fresh out of pity for him.

I don't think he's interested in pity. I think he's interested in reading reasonable responses to his posts.

Are you having a bad day or something? On a scale from 1 to 10 your grumpy index is at 11 right now.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 02:23 pm
@oralloy,
yeh nothin racist about him. maybe Im just too sensitive , after all I am a proud eater of cheese and you folks have problems with cheese breath .
Go in peace, make sure gunga takes his whatevers so he doesnt flip out again.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 02:33 pm
Actually... I can understand eating cheese under certain conditions. The thing I CAN'T understand is eating snails. I would eat a crow before I would ever eat a snail...
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:31 pm
@gungasnake,
How do you know you hate snails? Try it; they're pretty good.
roger

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You tried it?

Snail Breath!
0 Replies