Florida's Stand your Ground law

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:58 pm
@parados,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

It sounds paranoid, to me.

parados wrote:
But you don't know the difference between paranoia and reasonable fear
as evidenced by your desire to always carry a gun out of fear of being attacked.
True to your liberalism, u continue to distort the facts.
I have no fear of being attacked. Even at the time that someone
actually shot at me, leaving a bullethole in my window about 3"
in front of my face, I had no fear of being attacked, as I drew out my own gun.
I found mild humor in it. (I had no time for emotions, b4 the perps fled.)
The last time that I felt a little uneasy about being attacked,
my best defensive armament were a few (unimpressive) kitchen knives, when I was 8.
Soon thereafter, I acquired my first gun, whereupon my tranquility was exceeded only by my serenity.

I carry health insurance; I do not abide in terror of getting a heart attack
(tho my grandmother died of one). I have spare tires in the trunks
of my cars. I do not live in a state of fear of getting flat tires,
but I believe that it is wise to be properly prepared.

Your insults against me result from your viewing the world
thru the twisted prism of liberalism.

David
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:04 pm
His girlfriend says he WAS talking to her when it started, she heard him ask Zimmerman why he was following him, some noises, and it sounded like his Bluetooth set fell out of his ear, gee, maybe he was pushed. Further, on the tapes several people who heard the altercations say it was in their backyard area, not on the street. Now his girlfriend said she told him to run. One has to ask, where would Trayvon likely have run to? Away from the street and the guy following him down the street in his SUV? Duh. Also three of the ear witnesses say it sounded like a kid. I've heard the tapes. It does sound like a kid. Ain't no 200+ pound 28 year old likely to be that high, unless he was a castrato, and they haven't done that for two hundred years.
parados

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You don't get it, do you David.
Why do you carry a gun?
It is for protection?

Why do you need protection at all times if not an irrational fear?
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:08 pm
So try leaving your gun at home, David. Most of us do it ALL THE TIME, and we don't fear the world. Sounds to me like you've lived in fear of everything since you were eight, and you have to carry a gun to cancel out that fear. You need therapy, you don't need a gun.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
His girlfriend says he WAS talking to her when it started, she heard him ask Zimmerman why he was following him, some noises, and it sounded like his Bluetooth set fell out of his ear, gee, maybe he was pushed. Further, on the tapes several people who heard the altercations say it was in their backyard area, not on the street. Now his girlfriend said she told him to run. One has to ask, where would Trayvon likely have run to? Away from the street and the guy following him down the street in his SUV? Duh. Also three of the ear witnesses say it sounded like a kid. I've heard the tapes. It does sound like a kid. Ain't no 200+ pound 28 year old likely to be that high, unless he was a castrato, and they haven't done that for two hundred years.
Well, his FATHER denied that it was his voice on the tape, yelling for help,
but I 'll take YOUR word over his any day, Jack!
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:11 pm
I've yet to hear any firsthand corroboration of the account from his father. Everything else has been third-hand, or fifth-, sixth-, or seventh-hand.
parados

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

And his mother said it was his. But you don't want to take her word for it because it wouldn't match what you want to have happened?
jcboy

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:26 pm
The problem I have with this case is that there are only two people who know what went down, and one of them is dead. So we are only going to hear one side of the story, no one will ever be able to tell Trayvon's side.

I still cannot get past the fact that if Zimmerman had just stayed in his vehicle and let the police handle the 'suspicious situation', this 17 year old might still be alive today.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:34 pm
Gee, David, sure sounds to me like Trayvon's dad says it is unquestionably Trayvon's voice on those tapes crying for help, and that it's heart-wrenching to know those were his last words. Not sure why you take my word over his dad's, since we say the same thing (sarcasm-alert, to match your misplaced sarcasm). Anderson Cooper interviewing Trayvon's dad. Directly from his mouth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju3XIpipHBU
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
I've yet to hear any firsthand corroboration of the account from his father.
Everything else has been third-hand, or fifth-, sixth-, or seventh-hand.
One of the TV news reporters attributed that denial to decedent's father.
The way he expressed it ( saying something like: ". . . he told me . . ." ),
it sounded like the father spoke to him directly.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:41 pm
@parados,

DAVID wrote:
parados wrote:
And his mother said it was his. But you don't want to take her word for it because it wouldn't match what you want to have happened?
That is new information. We 'll see how that proves out to be.

David
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:42 pm
and read the previous post, David. His father says the same thing. Trayvon's voice. Yes, I think you should reappraise your statements. Watch the video, David. Read his lips. It was Trayvon's voice.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
That is new information. We 'll see how that proves out to be.

It's hardly new information. She said it within 24 hours of the tape being released.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:49 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
The problem I have with this case is that there are only two people who know what went down, and one of them is dead. So we are only going to hear one side of the story, no one will ever be able to tell Trayvon's side.
The question has now arisen of whether
Trayvon killed himself by trying to snatch Z 's gun,
pulling it forward, applying presure against the trigger in Mr. Z's hand.
I wonder if thay tested decedent 's hands for GSR.

jcboy wrote:
I still cannot get past the fact that if Zimmerman had just stayed in his vehicle
and let the police handle the 'suspicious situation', this 17 year old might still be alive today.
He had and has the right to get out of his car, just as u and I do.
It is not likely that Florida police have jurisdiction
to make citizens remain inside their cars.
Note that police r very, very conscious of keeping a close eye
on their guns, because too many people have robbed them of their guns, just grabbing them.
Trayvon coud have done the same thing to the police.

David
parados

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

He also has the duty to act responsibly or risk the consequences. In this case he acted in a manner that led to the death of another.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:08 pm
This has, as in other threads, become the all david all the time show. He repeats again and again that anybody who shoots another person is in the right, no matter the circumstances and then people go against the brick wall of his insanity seemingly forever with arguments that are disregarded. Can't we get beyond that, for once?
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:09 pm
Hear, hear.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Gee, David, sure sounds to me like Trayvon's dad says it is unquestionably Trayvon's voice on those tapes crying for help, and that it's heart-wrenching to know those were his last words. Not sure why you take my word over his dad's, since we say the same thing (sarcasm-alert, to match your misplaced sarcasm). Anderson Cooper interviewing Trayvon's dad. Directly from his mouth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju3XIpipHBU
Having taken Jack's advice:
I STAND CORRECTED.
JACK WAS RIGHT. I WAS RONG

Accordingly, I now adopt Jack 's position qua what his father
said about the 911 tape. Now I am better informed than I was.
Thank u for catching that, Jack!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:17 pm
@parados,

DAVID wrote:
parados wrote:
He also has the duty to act responsibly or risk the consequences.
In this case he acted in a manner that led to the death of another.
Decedent probably brawt it on himself.
There is nothing rong with getting out of his car.

David
roger

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 08:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes David, but I'm sure you don't advise everyone to do whatever they have a legal right to do. That would sound like the lowest standard of behavior, not the highest.