I've been going through old pictures

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 06:49 am
Stephen on the left.... check out that mullet :0)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/stephenandterry.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 17 • Views: 6,846 • Replies: 122

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 06:53 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
U have beautiful children, Bear,
but u mention only 1 of them by name ?

David
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 06:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Carmen...44
Heather....41
Stephen....29
Kylie...22
Seth....21

Grandson Jeffrey....22
Great Grandson Owen... 18 months
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 06:59 am
25 years later....Stephen at WWE... not at his most well groomed but still a great looking guy. No mullet but like his daddy, can't quite bring himself to lose the long hair. :0)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/stephenatwwe.jpg
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:02 am
Once again, someone has voted down a thread where I merely posted a picture of one of my children. What's wrong with you cunts, whoever you are?
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:08 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I agree.
A low act.
I just thumbed-up your thread in response to such pettiness.

(But could you do us a favour, Bear?
Use something other than the "c" word to to describe people you feel disgusted with?
I'd really appreciate that.)
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:10 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

I agree.
A low act.
I just thumbed-up your thread in response to such pettiness.

(But could you do us a favour, Bear?
Use something other than the "c" word to to describe people you feel disgusted with?
I'd really appreciate that.)

It's the word they deserve msolga. A scummiest words for the scummiest people. I'm open to something equally demeaning and insulting if you have any suggestions.
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:21 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
But the word "****" doesn't deserve such usage.
Why should a person you're disgusted by be named after female genitalia?
I'm not shocked, horrified, outraged, embarrassed or anything like that ... but as a woman I feel offended, that's all.
But I don't want to cause a further digression from the purpose of your thread. Please continue. I'm enjoying the photographs.
And I can't suggest a substitute insulting term right this minute ... I'll work on it, OK? Wink )
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:44 am
the people who would resort to marking down a picture of someone's child for spite are the kind of people, guys I guarantee, who would be insulted to the max by being referred to with a denigrating name referring to female genitalia. Believe me when I tell you it's not about insulting females it's about insulting the people who do this kind of thing
Ceili

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:49 am
Love the mullets, good grief they were adorable wee kids.
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:52 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
This could go on & on, Bear... & I'd really prefer it didn't.
The original intent of your thread could be totally lost.
Let's just say I can't think of an equivalent insulting term based on male genitalia that sounds quite so hostile & offensive.
And I know your intent was not to denigrate women.
It's the use of that term (& not just by you) to express disgust that's the problem. For me, anyway.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 08:57 am
@Ceili,
Quote:
good grief they were adorable wee kids

Yes, they were. Smile
Got any more you'd like to post, Bear?
chai2

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 09:16 am
@msolga,
olga, I personally hate that word, and its' connotation.

but....I recently used it to describe someone in the "what made you grimace today" thread, and I used it exactly because that is how I felt about that person...she was the lowest, scummiest **** on the earth.

so....I can fully appreciate when bear uses it when it's about his cubs. I used it about a woman's public treatment of a child.

Sometimes it's the perfect word to use, and substituting it so save someone's sensibilities is not the issue.
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 09:19 am
@chai2,
Of course you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, chai, but (obviously) I disagree.
chai2

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 09:32 am
@msolga,
Well, since we're officially off topic, I do have a sincere question for you olga....

Let's say you are really disgusted at a truly horrible person, but simply saying they are "horrible", "terrible", "dispicable" etc does not begin to express the emotions evoked, or conveys the severity of what the person did/how you felt.

Can you not imagine a time when the most eloquent, sophisticated words do not fully express your meaning?

When I have on the rare occasion used that word, it's because there is no other that will do, without watering down the meaning.

Of course you may say one must search for an alternative word, but to be honest, the worlds a messy place, and messy words are needed, and are at more times more appropriate than trying to be gentile.
chai2

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 09:33 am
@chai2,
btw, forgive all the spelling errors. I'm lazy today.
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 09:40 am
@chai2,
Let me think about that overnight, chai.
It's after 2:3o am here & I think I'd better head off to bed.
Should've headed off quite some time ago.
wandeljw

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 09:47 am
For the record, bear's anger was justified, in my opinion.

Having said that, I hope no one minds if I post old pictures of my kids. (I have always been in direct competition with bear in the area of reproduction.)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5243/5290217881_1f113e8d23.jpg
1988: Katrina, Nathan, Jeremy

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4001/4216266991_97374f2150.jpg
2009: Nathan, Jeremy, Katrina and baby sister Annie

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 10:04 am
@msolga,
OK, I'll have a go before heading off, otherwise it'll bug me while I'm trying to get to sleep. Smile

Don't misunderstand. It's not like I don't ever swear. I have been known swear like a trouper (trooper? Confused ) when inspired to! Wink

But .... I would never use the word "****" as an insult because of the connotations of the word to me. Like you, I just hate it.

I think, if I was seriously outraged by what someone had said or done, I would be more likely to let them know, in no uncertain terms (!), what it was about what they'd said or done which had so offended me. I might throw in some swear words, too, if sufficiently motivated, but I don't think that sort of name-calling achieves very much, really ... or I wouldn't feel at all comfortable using the word as an insult. It's as simple as that for me, really.

That's the best I can do at this hour, chai.
I hope this makes sense.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 10:06 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
For the record, bear's anger was justified, in my opinion.

Yep.
I understand perfectly was he was so angry, wandel.
0 Replies