I've been going through old pictures

msolga

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 07:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Laughing

Thanks for the comic relief, Rocky.
(I wish I knew what happened next, though!)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm
I never notice any thumbs up/down unless someone points it out, so naturally I could care less if my posts are up or down. It's obvious that some people aren't fond of each other here on a2k and if one resorts to such childish practices of voting down every post of a certain member, then so be it. We can't change it anyway - ignoring it would be the best revenge really.
saab

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:02 am
@msolga,
Thank you for your post....it is refreshing to see that someone can express thoughts and feelings without using any nasty words.
I am tiried of people using a very strong language in an attempt to try to get their opnions through.

By the way regarding putting pictures of your kids into internet I was reading something about it.
1.As far as I could find out one cannot put a picture into internet without the allowens of the person on the picture. There are certain exemptions. I do not have all the rules and regulations in my head.
2. There are a certain amount of parents - in Sweden - who do not allow schoolpictures of their children or a group photo where their children are also there to be put into Internet.
3. Pictures of nicelooking children are misused and put into sites with child ponography.
msolga

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:05 am
@CalamityJane,
Yes, I know we have A2Kers who'll always be at each others throats, Jane. Thumbing down a person's posts simply because you don't like them is really petty, I agree.
But I was actually more interested in this aspect of "thumbs' usage:.

Quote:
I really wish that we could separate the 2 different functions of the "thumbing" option:
*to show appreciation (or otherwise) of a particular post or thread ..
or
* as an indication that you're not interested in following particular threads
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:06 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

Thank you for your post....it is refreshing to see that someone can express thoughts and feelings without using any nasty words.
I am tiried of people using a very strong language in an attempt to try to get their opnions through.

By the way regarding putting pictures of your kids into internet I was reading something about it.
1.As far as I could find out one cannot put a picture into internet without the allowens of the person on the picture. There are certain exemptions. I do not have all the rules and regulations in my head.
2. There are a certain amount of parents - in Sweden - who do not allow schoolpictures of their children or a group photo where their children are also there to be put into Internet.
3. Pictures of nicelooking children are misused and put into sites with child

/quote]

saab you'll be happy to know I wasn't using strong language to get my opinions through. I was using strong language to insult and denigrate someone who annoyed me. Mr. Green
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:07 am
msolga you remain the voice of reason and the perfect lady. I salute you. Very Happy
msolga

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:15 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Surprised

Why thank you, Bear! Smile
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:07 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
saab you'll be happy to know I wasn't using strong language to get my opinions through. I was using strong language to insult and denigrate someone who annoyed me. Mr. Green

That certainly does not make me more happy - using strong language to insult just shows a smallminded person.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:09 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
This is what annoyed you blue--

Quote:
Having said that I'm inclined to think that posting pictures of children is not quite the right thing to do. Which probably explains why so few people do it.

Which seem to me to be a perfectly reasonable thing to say and in no way deserving of being attacked in the manner you thought fit to do.

It merely questioned the wisdom of posting pictures of children, with or without their permission, and pointed out that very few people do it. And saab confirmed that such a post was not at all unreasonable.

It was your response that was unreasonable and very decidedly so in view of the curse you laid upon others, some not even born yet, who have no responsibility for anything I say or do.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:43 am
careful there saab... long fall from a high horse. My mind is regular sized no matter what sort of language I use .... so do your superior dance and be comforted in the illusion you're better than me. Oh yeah, and **** you too . Very Happy
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 09:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

you'e a ******* jerk off spendi, seriously.

No one including me who posts pictures of their children do it for any different reason than they carry pictures of their children in their wallets. To share with their friends because they love them and are proud of them. Posting them here is pulling them out of my virtual wallet to share with my A2K friends, as is the case with other people who post pictures of their children, spouses, pets, and things that mean something to them they wish to share with people who mean something to them. That's the thing you don't get because you don't have any friends here that are interested in sharing any of themselves with you because as previously mentioned you're a ******* ****. Sorry Msolga. So from now on, just realize I'm not talking to you and walk on by asshole. Then we're both content.
I think that u r absolutely right in your filosofy in this issue,
but r your first 5 words an oxymoronic contradicition-in-terms ?

David
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:00 pm
Oh, so now it's semantics? Laughing You misspelled contradiction. Razz
saab

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:22 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I am really good at bad language in five languages - the problem is I don´t use it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:12 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Oh, so now it's semantics? Laughing
Well, u know that our words represent us.
Thay r our personal flags.

You misspelled contradiction. Razz
Thank u for catching that! 'Twas most un-fonetic of me!
I stand in your debt!

ERRATUM:

"contradicition-in-terms" shud have been:
contradiction-in-terms. The former is amended to conform to the latter.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 01:16 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:
I am really good at bad language in five languages - the problem is I don´t use it.
How will u solve the problem ?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 03:56 pm
since my language perfectly communicated my disdain, disgust and denigration I would say if it was GREAT language no matter that some found it offensive or crude.
spendius

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 04:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
It was blue that found it offensive and crude. That's why he used it.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 08:23 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
There seem to be a very empty space between your two ears.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 06:10 am
@saab,
oooh... that hurt.
saab

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 08:13 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
The pleasure is on my side.