Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:01 am
Region Philbis- I think that you are "on" to something! Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:15 am
I can't believe the amount of fuss and discussion over one rather saggy unattractive breast.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:18 am
Wilso- I know that some people are titillated by talking about boobs. I think though that the entire Jackson affair symbolized a larger issue..................the sinking of a culture down to its lowest common denominator.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 08:51 am
How can something as beautiful as a woman's breast be a lowest common denominator? I really don't get that. <shakes head>
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:02 am
I think it keeps us from focusing on larger more important issues..like the boobs in D.C.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:02 am
ehBeth- It is not the breast that is the lowest common denominator. Of course not. It is the singing of a song that talks about tearing a woman's clothes off, and them proceeding to rip off Janet's blouse, as entertainment.

Yes, a breast IS beautiful. But turning it into a dirty joke isn't!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:07 am
but the song isn't what people are complaining about. the boob is. I mean, ER had to revamp their programming because of this. There was no song, no ripping of clothing on ER - it was an old, sick woman in a hospital.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:10 am
ehBeth- I think that the whole thing about ER happened BECAUSE of the Janet Jackson flap. If the super bowl would have happened after the ER show, IMO, there never would have been a problem with the old lady.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:13 am
That's my point, Phoenix. ER should have proceeded with the airing of their program as planned. There was/is nothing wrong with the old lady. There was/is nothing wrong with breasts.

and the lawsuit. The woman threatening to sue because her children might have been exposed to a breast. Do these people never go to food courts in malls? There are women breast-feeding in there regularly. Americans are weird. That's all I can figure from this.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:24 am
ehBeth- What has happened is that Janet Jackson's breast has become a hot button issue, and is spilling over to areas that have nothing to do with the original subject.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:31 am
Yeah, I saw Bill O'Reilly the other night going on and on about how this should be a main issue in the presidential campaign. He was saying how disgusting it is that children could be exposed to something so outrageous. It made me kind of sick. The Bill O'Reilly tirade, I mean.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 09:32 am
kickycan- that does sound a bit over the top, I think!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:19 am
What do you mean? That he would say that, or that he would want to make that a campaign issue? I guess the issue he was talking about was the lowering of our standards and the garbage that we put in our children's heads. Everything is "to protect our children" . . . I say, screw the children! (Just in case anyone takes that the wrong way, I don't mean "screw the children" in a Michael Jackson kind of way.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:25 am
I read this morning that Bill O'Reilly had promised to make a public apology about his comments at the beginning of the attack on Iraq, if he was wrong about the WMD. I guess this is his diversion from the long-anticipated apology.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:38 am
Actually, I heard a couple of days ago that he did make that apology.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 11:54 am
It is amazing what passes for intelligent political comment these days. Fox news got it's format from the Goebbles school of propaganda.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:27 pm
The issue of the issue is the problem. If it had of just passed as a gimmick and a justified fine - but Congressional hearings, a Presidential issue, a sign of the lowering of the American Standards - Jesus Christ Almight, give me a break. America is gonna become impaled on the pointed cross upon which it sits.................
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 02:32 pm
One question: When did America ever have standards? Maybe it was back when we had all those cool things like slavery, or the right of women to shut up and do what they were told.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:06 pm
I has nothing to do with standards, it's that most of us on A2K are on the fringe, not main-stream. We view things differently than the 200,000 that called the FCC and their ilk regarding the flop out.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:33 pm
So, what you are saying Brand X is that they are the only ones in America with standards, come on now............

200,000 / 220,000,000 = 0.090909%
0 Replies