A better understanding of Antisemitism

Green Witch

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
Really? I thought you were going to say Belarus or Ukraine. I know some Americans are still stuck on these myths, but except for a few hollows in the deep South and bunker holdouts in the middle of the country, most people have enough education to know this stuff this is blatant Anti-semitism. Of course, just the other day some ditzy woman on a grocery line said to me that black people want Obama to stay in office so they can continue getting welfare and food stamps while complaining there are no jobs. Also turned out she was a local 5th grade teacher. Stereotypes and racism is a tough thing to kill, even in a country in which you can find the truth with a little research.
reasoning logic

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:08 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Not only do you have no sense of humor, apparently, irony is alien to you, too.

I could tell that you and others were joking and I am cool with that.

Quote:
Just how many television stations, radio stations, newspapers and magazines do you think there are in the United States? How many Jews do you think there are in the United States?

Great questions and I do not know the answers to these questions but I could look it up.

As far as some Jews having a monopoly of the media I am not sure but I suppose it could be true. I myself am not so concerned with a monopoly by the Jews but rather a monopoly by very wealthy people that can persuade political decisions in their interest by control of the most viewed media.
reasoning logic

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:15 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
some ditzy woman on a grocery line said to me that black people want Obama to stay in office so they can continue getting welfare and food stamps while complaining there are no jobs

I am very surprised that you do not see or hear of stuff like this more often. There are what I call preachers preaching this type of nonsense on the radio and television but I do not see any radio or television channels speaking against such behavior but then again I do not watch much TV.
Green Witch

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think if you really look into who has the most wealth in this country you will find it is not the Jews. There are many Jewish middle and upper middle class people in this country, but they do not have control of the big money that influences things like politics and policies. The big money and lobbyists are coming from companies like Exxon, Monsanto, Philip Morris, General Electric, ConAgra etc. None of them are controlled by anyone with a Jewish agenda.
Green Witch

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
I do not have cable TV. If people are preaching this on television I'm surprised there is not more of an outcry. I admit I have heard some very racist things from people like Rush Limbaugh and Micheal Savage on talk radio, but I think they speak to a specific audience that is lacking the ability to think for themselves.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:27 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
The big money and lobbyists are coming from companies like Exxon, Monsanto, Philip Morris, General Electric, ConAgra etc.

This is how I understand it as well.

My question is do you think that the media is biased and promoting ideologies that are in the interest of there owners and big corporations regardless if it is not in the best interest of the majority of the citizens?
I myself would be guilty of promoting things in my interest but I would hope that I would have the citizens interest as well.
Not everyone cares about their neighbors or fellow human beings as you may think they should.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:32 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:

I think if you really look into who has the most wealth in this country you will find it is not the Jews.

I would not know I have never known a Jewish person. I guess that must say something about my occupation. lol
Setanta

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:34 pm
@Green Witch,
This is one of the reasons that Jews ended up in entertainment and motion pictures. They couldn't get on the board at Standard Oil or U.S. Steel, and although they could buy common stock, they weren't going to take over. But if you were funny, or you could sing and dance, you could get a decent job. They were smart enough to see that motion picutures were the coming thing, and would make heaps of money, and they were smart enough to realize that California had a good climate for going out to shoot movies most days of the year. They went west and took advantage of an opportunity. The old money wouldn't let them into the country clubs in the Hamptons, so they turned Beverly Hills and Hollywood into rich towns, and built their own country clubs. And they very wisely plowed their money back into an industry which made them more and more money. Were they promoting an agenda? Hell, no, they were promoting Mary Pickford and Jimmy Stewart and all the most popular white bread American myths. They knew where the money is.

That is the American way.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well you know one now - me. Although, probably not the best representative of The Tribe and certainly not one with money. You probably meet Jews on occasion, but we tend to blend in unless we are orthodox and wear the funny hats.
djjd62

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:46 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
You probably meet Jews on occasion, but we tend to blend in unless we are orthodox and wear the funny hats.

i usually just look for the horns Razz
reasoning logic

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:47 pm
@Green Witch,
I do not know my heritage, my last name use to be lord but I heard my great great great grandfather changed it because we were made fun of. People would jokingly say hear comes the lord. That is what I was told I guess it is true.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 07:47 pm
@djjd62,
Wait a minute, don't all them Jews look the same?
Green Witch

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:04 pm
@Setanta,
That's the Orientals.
Green Witch

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:05 pm
@djjd62,
That is why we wear the funny hats - or the Big Hair.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:05 pm
@Green Witch,
Oh yeah . . . i get confused about that **** . . . it's hard to keep all the stereotypes straight . . .
Green Witch

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:09 pm
@Setanta,
Benjamin Moore changed from favorite paint color's name from Oriental Silk to Corn Silk because of political correctness. I preferred the idea of oriental silk since I think of corn silk as sticky. Stereotypes are easy to remember - if you're a bigot.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 7 Feb, 2012 01:53 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
Benjamin Moore changed from favorite paint color's name from Oriental Silk to Corn Silk because of political correctness.
I preferred the idea of oriental silk since I think of corn silk as sticky.
Stereotypes are easy to remember - if you're a bigot.
I have never been anti-Jewish,
but I guess since I have strongly held principles, I'm a bigot
like the Viking who was putatively adamant in refusing to smooch the foot of the King of England
(approximately: "not ME, bi Gott").

On the OTHER hand,
if u have strong opinions that the liberals LIKE, then u r not a "bigot".

In other words, whether u r a bigot or not depends on:

1. whether or not u have the courage of your convictions

and

2. whether the liberals ` LIKE what u believe in or not.

I say: let the liberals be damned!
I 'll believe whatever I think is RIGHT and say so openly whether the liberals like it or not!

David
Setanta

Tue 7 Feb, 2012 03:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Jesus Christ, how many times do you have to be told that that Viking story is bullshit.

From the Online Etymological Dictionary:

Quote:
bigot (n.)
1590s, "sanctimonious person, religious hypocrite," from Fr. bigot (12c.), of unknown origin. Earliest French use of the word is as the name of a people apparently in southern Gaul, which led to the now-doubtful, on phonetic grounds, theory that the word comes from Visigothus. The typical use in Old French seems to have been as a derogatory nickname for Normans, the old theory (not universally accepted) being that it springs from their frequent use of the Germanic oath bi God. But OED dismisses in a three-exclamation-mark fury one fanciful version of the "by god" theory as "absurdly incongruous with facts." At the end, not much is left standing except Spanish bigote "mustache," which also has been proposed but not explained, and the chief virtue of which as a source seems to be there is no evidence for or against it.

In support of the "by God" theory, as a surname Bigott, Bygott are attested in Normandy and in England from the 11c., and French name etymology sources (e.g. Dauzat) explain it as a derogatory name applied by the French to the Normans and representing "by god." The English were known as goddamns 200 years later in Joan of Arc's France, and during World War I Americans serving in France were said to be known as les sommobiches (see also son of a bitch). But the sense development in bigot is difficult to explain. According to Donkin, the modern use first appears in French 16c. This and the earliest English sense, "religious hypocrite," especially a female one, might have been influenced by beguine and the words that cluster around it. Sense extended 1680s to other than religious opinions.

And, of course, David goes off into his typical political hysteria.

This thread is about antisemitism, David, not your petty, political hatreds.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Tue 7 Feb, 2012 07:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Really David, you are such a sucker for any silly made up thing that supports what you want to believe. It equals ignorance.
0 Replies

jespah

Tue 7 Feb, 2012 08:08 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
... If they're monopolizing the news media, monopolizing the entertainment industry and infiltrating the goverenment, when to they find time to reproduce?...

This is why we're working on cloning, dontcha know.