I predict - Sandusky will never go to trial and never see a jail cell.

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 11:00 am
He clearly does not want to confront his accussers in front of a jury.

I think he will plea bargain and never go to jail.

What a travesty.

Another example of a rich man getting off when a poor man would go to jail.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 21 • Views: 14,973 • Replies: 247

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 02:06 pm
I agree.

Watch for Penn and the charity to come up with the funds to settle out of court.

A hefty settlement for victims and castration for Sandusky would settle things for me.

What good is it that he sit in jail? No one will touch him in the sports world. He will probably leave the country.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 04:01 pm
@IRFRANK,
You don't pay attention to the news right?? Sandusky isn't going for a plea deal. They've been plastering this for a week (seemingly so).

Quote:
We're ready to defend, we always have been ready to defend. There will be no plea deal," Amendola said. "This will be a fight to the death, the fight of Jerry Sandusky's life."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jerry-sandusky-waives-hearing-suggest-victims-collusion/story?id=15141413#.Tukcm1Yg5nE
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 02:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
That came out after my post.

Here's the headline today.

"Karl Rominger, Sandusky Lawyer, Claims Accused Penn State Coach Was Teaching Hygiene Habits"

Right. Don't drop the soap.

roger

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 02:35 pm
@IRFRANK,
<smile>
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 04:50 pm
@IRFRANK,
I’m not so sure about that. Its not looking good for him about now. We’ll see.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 06:40 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
I agree this has happened the way it should. we will see. To me the evidence is overwhelming. But I'm not on the jury. The whole affair is very sad. I am happy to say I was wrong.
chai2

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 06:13 am
@IRFRANK,
The jury was sequestered before this latest bombshell landed.
engineer

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 06:52 am
@chai2,
Apparently the son was willing to testify. Good thing he waited until after the jury was out or there would have been a mistrial for certain.
IRFRANK

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 01:38 pm
I couldn't believe the one line the defense used.
'Don't blame Jerry for this Penn State mess and the shame it brought Penn State. He didn't bring the charges.'

Yeah, right. He was 'only' the perp.

If I was on the jury, that would just piss me off.
roger

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:35 pm
@IRFRANK,
That does kind of take one's breath away.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:43 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Apparently the son was willing to testify. Good thing he waited until after the jury was out or there would have been a mistrial for certain.

Why?

From my understanding they were holding him in reserve in case Jerry testified, then they would bring him up.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:18 pm
BREAKING: Jury finds former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky guilty in 45 of 48 counts.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:20 pm
It's a shame it took this long to get him.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:26 pm
I was wrong. Justice won this one. Should be in jail rest of his life. Very sad story. A predator. Won't be treated well there.
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:40 pm
I believe that certain heads should roll at Penn and that those who knew about this and did nothing should be held accountable and beyond. For me that includes the late Joe Paterno. I have a dear friend who works for Penn, and this whole scandal has sickened her to the core, not only because it destroyed an institution she so dearly loved and believed in, but because she knows the good that still exists, even though all people are seeing right now is the dark and evil. I hope that they are held legally accountable and not given immunity from legal or financial consequence. Likewise, I hope that the good that does exist can blossom in the midst of this tragedy, off the playing field, because there is a whole new generation of students who have hopes and dreams at Penn State. They should not be punished or robbed of a future because of Sandusky's evilness.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:12 pm
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
This is a great opportunity to look at what part big money athletics has played in the destruction of the american university.....you could throw all the leaders of Penn St out and that would solve nothing. We have as a collective allowed this situation, by that I mean allowed those who bring us athletic success to get away with conducting all types of sin, calls that this is all the fault of a few evil people are examples of scapegoating conducted by idiots.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:18 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

I was wrong. Justice won this one. Should be in jail rest of his life. Very sad story. A predator. Won't be treated well there.

You have just contradicted yourself...allowing a man to be abused behind bars when that abuse was foreseen is an example of injustice, so you are saying that justice lost.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:19 pm
@IRFRANK,
You should probably get out of the prediction business...

http://www.drudgereport.com/
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
PSU is gonna have to drop football for some indeterminate amount of time and may even have to change its name, the initials could be read as Perv State University.