I predict - Sandusky will never go to trial and never see a jail cell.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:24 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

PSU is gonna have to drop football for some indeterminate amount of time and may even have to change its name, the initials could be read as Perv State University.

The message being "if the **** is going down then make sure it is well covered up, because if the outside world finds out the response will be nuclear". We see the same counterproductive idiocy re the FSU band.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
This is interesting:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/penn_state_universitys_bond_ra.html

I've heard people saying that state and local bond ratings have been affected as well although I have no sources or info on that, just a rumor.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
I am not condoning any ill will, just a reasonable prediction. Prison is not a nice place, duh. Indeed, getting the shank would not be justice. I'm not sure what justice would be. As for penn state, it's hard for them to accept they may not be so special. In reality, I think this could have happened anywhere. I don't see that this happened at a school with a big time football program made a difference. I wouldn't be so quick to blame the univ. unless they were indeed negligent. Maybe they were. We all want to avoid these situations. Its Hard to face. Sad all around. Could happen anywhere and probably does. More than we want to know.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 09:46 pm
@gungasnake,
Maybe so. And you need to find another news source.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 10:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
You do everything except admit the fact that penn state people were negligent. Like I said it could happen anywhere, but it did happen at psu. You are not so special. You are also in denial.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 06:01 am
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
JeffreyEqualityNewma wrote:

BREAKING: Jury finds former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky guilty in 45 of 48 counts.

I just got up, and saw this in the news.

I think it bears repeating.

Found Guilty by a jury of his peers of 45 of the 48 counts
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 06:21 am
they should throw McQueary and the corpse of JoPa in the cell with him
chai2

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 06:22 am
@djjd62,
amen
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 08:18 am
@chai2,
And now Sandusky is going to the State Pen! I find if hard to believe his wife didn’t know any of this.
chai2

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 08:40 am
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
JeffreyEqualityNewma wrote:

And now Sandusky is going to the State Pen! I find if hard to believe his wife didn’t know any of this.

She did. How could anyone doubt it.

She knew she'd lose her gravy boat if anyone ever found out.

She'll go to her deathbed denying she ever knew anything.
IRFRANK

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 08:49 am
@djjd62,
What did McQueary do that deserves that? He did not do enough but that's a long list
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 08:54 am
I also believe that Sandusky's wife knew all along and I can imagine that their marriage was just a cover up for him to begin with. She's partially to blame, as is Paterno, who took the easy way out - and probably so many other people who kept their mouth shut in the name of football. May they all rot in hell!
I have no sympathies for these people!
Green Witch

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 08:57 am
@chai2,
Denial is a powerful river, but on some level she was an accomplice. I can't image being that clueless to your spouse's on-going bad behavior and what must of been some type of reaction from those victims under her own roof. Did those foster kids all put on happy smiles at breakfast? There is always plenty of guilt to go around in these situations.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 09:04 am
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
I also believe that Sandusky's wife knew all along and I can imagine that their marriage was just a cover up for him to begin with. She's partially to blame, as is Paterno, who took the easy way out - and probably so many other people who kept their mouth shut in the name of football. May they all rot in hell!
I have no sympathies for these people!

Question is, how much sympathy do you have for Hillary Clinton?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/659869/posts
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg73955.html
http://www.geocities.ws/stand_up_for_america/posts8.htm

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 10:35 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
There is always plenty of guilt to go around in these situations.

It is highly unlikely that you are willing to spread this blame around enough......this case is not about defective individuals, it is about a defective culture, which we are all to blame for. Taking vengeance on a few individuals and on Penn St for this tragedy does not and should not bleach US.
0 Replies

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 10:36 am
He will get more sex then ever..they will just be older. Prison is going to be a real pain in the ass for him.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:36 am
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

What did McQueary do that deserves that? He did not do enough but that's a long list

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Or for the apathetic to do nothing either.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:36 am
@gungasnake,
Your sources are real credible aren't they? tstststs
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:44 am
More:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/23/us-usa-crime-sandusky-psu-idUSBRE85M02M20120623

Quote:

(Reuters) - The Jerry Sandusky trial was loaded with details of the child sex abuse a jury has now convicted the one-time Penn State assistant football coach of carrying out over 15 years, but it revealed little about the university's potential liability in the scandal.

That is likely to change in a related prosecution of two former university officials: athletic director Tim Curley and finance official Gary Schultz.........
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:44 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Or for the apathetic to do nothing either

That denies the reality here that almost all people thought that nothing was wrong, they willed themselves into believing that nothing was wrong.
0 Replies