How did waste management/treatment people and racketeers in NYC make money with garbage?

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 02:57 am
Jason, I hope you're aware that in much of the rest of the English-speaking world, particularly the British Isles and Australia, PUFF, POOF, AND POOFTER are all slang synonyms for male homosexuals, and PUFFY would be the adjectival form. If your comics get outside the States, they're not going to think Sean Combs, they're going to think Gay. Given your fright reaction to our suggesting you're gay, you probably should avoid Puffy as a name. I'm not making this up. Google it if you don't believe me. Of course, given that, you could rethinbk Puffy as a character for diversity.

Izzy, don;t remember Potter I in detail, read it when it first came out, but just got Deathly Hallows II on DVD and decided to have myself a Pottathon with all of them, and Woods in the first movie is definitely Scots, not Galswegian, probably more Scottish public school (what we would call private school, I think) Scots.

Jason, you really are an idiot. Harry Potter sold millions, perhaps billions to Christians. It's only your particularly narrow-minded cult Christianity that has problems with him. What he practices, apart from being fictional is neither Wicca nor whatever peculiar "witchcraft" they practiced in third millenium BC Palestine.

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:39 am
@MontereyJack,
STOP calling me "JASON", Mr. JACK. Please call me GOLDMAN. IF you have a problem with that, I will take it up with the staff and report you for harassment.

You NEVER heard of Sean "Puffy" Combs?:

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/02/01-07/diddy-vote-sean-john-puffy-rap-hip-hop.jpg

Oh, that's right- you WHITE people never heard of RAP/HIP-HOP.

This guy is a HIP-HOP/POP SUPERSTAR who has been all over the media, it is not like he is one of those ONE-HIT RAP/HIP-HOP wonders who fades away into obscurity.

KIDS and YOUNG PEOPLE use SLANG - I AM targeting my comics to KIDS. And you are calling ME an IDIOT?? Drunk

You are OFF-TOPIC anyway.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 04:03 am
Are you unable to read, Jason?

Quote:
If your comics get outside the States, they're not going to think Sean Combs, they're going to think Gay.

Does that sound like I'm not aware of him. You, however, are seemingly unaware of what "Puffy" connotes to non-American English speakers: "Hey, this comic has a gay cat as one of its heroes. How cool is that?", that's what they'll be thinking. On second thought, since that's what they WILL think, because that's what "puffy" means to them, I think you SHOULD name him Puffy.

If you complain to the hamsters, you'll get just as far as your complaints have previously: dismissed as groundless and frivolous.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 09:22 am
I am using historical slang, archaisms and colloquialisms for my project. I do not care if you all think "Puffy" has some queer connotations to it.

I do not know if you people are smoking something, but to ME, "Puffy" sounds like a gangster. I am using it.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 09:33 am
@JGoldman10,
Maybe you should try smoking something Jason, it might mellow you out. Here's a sketch from Monty Python, when they say 'no poofters,' they're not talking about 'gangsta rappers.'

Jack I don't think Deathly Hallows 2 is out here on dvd, but I've just got my daughter the box set with all of them up to Deathly Hallows 1. She's really into it, it helped her reading no end.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:21 pm
Just sayin', Jason, most of the English-speaking world, which uses different slang than you do, is going to think calling a character Puffy means that character is gay, which is why I think you SHOULD name him Puffy. It's an excellent choice for a name.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:27 pm
Izzy, Advance Australia! Always wished I'd been able to go to the University of Woolamaloo, maybe Junior year Abroad, but no such luck. Always thought the Uni's "Philosophers' Song" a great concise introduction to the discipline. Please allow me to append it to your video of the Faculty Meeting.

Iz, Deathly Hallows II came out here about two weeks ago, very satisfying windup to the series, lots of flash and bang. It's all about the triumph of good over evil. Apparently Jason doesn't believe that should happen, since he thinks Harry is an abomination. I think his Bishop must have been guzzling the Communion wine after services.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then have them collect empty cans of spinach or soup. Be creative!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Appendation accepted gladly.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 12:43 pm
Excellent suggestion B'net. One recycling project I thought was particularly neat was making a kind of nonwoven duable fabric out of those thin plastic shopping bags--put a couple layers of them between waxed paper and iron them on low heat and they'll fuse together. Iron a big chunk of this fabric, get a couple feet of canvas duck webbing, and you can make a cool, cheap, colorful messenger bag. I can see Jason's street fighting cats with irons solving the world's transportation-of-small-goods problem.

Well, of course there's a video about it. Jason, have Ruffy, Tuffy, Puffy and Muffy watch this video before they start their trash recycling industry and make a fortune.

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 01:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am using historical slang, archaisms and colloquialisms for my project. I do not care if you all think "Puffy" has some queer connotations to it.

I do not know if you people are smoking something, but to ME, "Puffy" sounds like a gangster. I am using it.

It is NOT your comic book.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 02:51 pm
Yep, it's yours. Be prepared for kids to think Puffy is gay.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 02:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
You are an idiot - they are either going to think of Sean "Puffy" Combs or

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puffy&page=2

3 up, 10 down
can be used as noun, adjective, profanity or nickname.
noun=an extremely cool person.
adjective=amazing
profanity=synomyn of f***
nickname=a nickname for someone that demonstrates puff-like qualities (i.e: coolness, awesomeness, enthusiam)
"Woah! Look at that Puffy! She's so cool!"
"Holy crap! Thats puffin' awesome!"
"PUFF YOU"
"Oh jen, you're so cool, i think i'll call you Puffy from now on...cause you're just that cool."

Puff as an adjective:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puff

11. puff 5 up, 8 down
awesome, wicked, cool, the ultimate.
Off an aussie Dominos Pizza Ad.
That CD is so puff. I want some

18. puff 3 up, 7 down
A retarded way of saying: Wicked, cool the ultimate

On a scale of 1 - Awesome, Puff is poo on a stick
J: wow that was puff
K: fool!

KIDS use SLANG - they aren't going to care about some GAY PEJORATIVE COLLOQUIAL/ARCHAIC meaning of a term or correlation to it.
STOP FOCUSING ON SOME NEGATIVE CRAP.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I NEVER SAID WHAT MY FIRST NAME IS EITHER. STOP CALLING ME "JASON". YOU ARE BEING DISREPSECTFUL.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:02 pm
It's not archaic, it's current slang everywhere but the states. And there's nothing wrong with being gay except in your loony bishop's mind. I don't think anyone has ever been disrepsectful. Can you tell me how one goes about being disrepsectful? Does it have something to do with obscure pseudoChristian sects like yours?
chai2

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:06 pm
Sean Combs is gay?

I did not know that.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
GOD SAYS BEING GAY IS A SIN- I DO NOT CARE WHAT SECULAR PEOPLE WORLDLY PEOPLE THINK.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:24 pm
And we don't particularly care what people who belong to loony pseudoChristian cults think.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:45 pm
@chai2,
No - did you not read the link above?:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puffy&page=2

noun=an extremely cool person.

nickname=a nickname for someone that demonstrates puff-like qualities (i.e: coolness, awesomeness, enthusiam)

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
I do not have a DENOMINATION. BEING BORN-AGAIN IS NOT PART OF A CULT. I don't need some IDIOT trying to dictate to me what my characters names mean, or how they think people will perceive them.
0 Replies