How did waste management/treatment people and racketeers in NYC make money with garbage?

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:26 pm
I went elsewhere and asked people what comes to mind when they hear the word "Puffy" used as a slang noun - most of them said "Puff Daddy". Sean Combs called himself that. "Puff" meaning cool, LIKE I SAID ABOVE.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
puffy, muffy, and fluffy could sell purses.

for the muggers to take...
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:35 pm
Tuffy's RELATIVES are TOUGH GUYS AND GALS/STREET FIGHTERS. There is NO Fluffy or Muffy.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:41 pm
Why do you people want to think PUFFY is gay when I have said REPEATEDLY THAT HIS NAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING GAY?:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puffy&page=2

puffy

A person who's got large muscles, but isn't cut up. Thus, the person ends up lookin swollen all over. Not necessarily fat.

can be used as noun, adjective, profanity or nickname.
noun=an extremely cool person.
adjective=amazing
profanity=synomyn of f***
nickname=a nickname for someone that demonstrates puff-like qualities (i.e: coolness, awesomeness, enthusiam)

NOTHING in THESE TWO DEFINITIONS SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT BEING GAY.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:55 pm
You going by "Mavericker" over on ask.com now, Jason? Or is it just truethat "great minds" (snicker) think alike?

Here's "Mavericker's" question about whether "puffy" brings to mind Sean Combs or being gay, and the first answer to that question:

Quote:
Mavericker: 1 hour ago What comes to mind when you hear the word "Puffy" used in the slang sense?

When you hear the word "Puffy" used as a noun in the slang sense do you think of a cool person or a homosexual? I was trying to tell some people it is an African-American slang term for a cool person. What comes to mind when you hear it? Please help.

Edit Your QuestionWhat comes to mind when you hear the word "Puffy" used in the slang sense?
Please avoid any drastic changes to the overall meaning of your question. 140 Edit Additional DetailsWhen you hear the word "Puffy" used as a noun in the slang sense do you think of a cool person or a homosexual? I was trying to tell some people it is an African-American slang term for a cool person. What comes to mind when you hear it? Please help. Save Question or Cancel
Answer This Question Report as You have reported this
SpamOffensiveThreateningOff-topicNonsenseSpelling/GrammarCommunity StandardsOffensive Username This answer contributed to Susan G. Komen for the CureĀ® What's this?
My answers support Susan G. Komen for the CureĀ® What's this?
marthseeem: 1 hour ago When the word puffy is used in the slang sense it means a man who is gay or a guy who is acting really queer. However, there is a misconception since the name was made popular by the famous American rapper P. Diddy

First answer was, it means gay.

Anywhere except the States, and here too to people who are hip to British usage, it means gay. YOU may use it to mean cool, Jason, but a lot of your potential audience is going to think it means gay. You can't ignore facts by wishing them away. Of course, since the chances of your actually producing a comic while "puffy" in any sense is still in people's vocabulary are slim to nonexistent, the discussion is really academic.

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 08:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
The books and movies makes witchcraft look like harmless fun.

Thanks for being civil in your response to me. Smile

There is a point that you're overlooking: Harry Potter has absolutely no connection to reality. None whatsover. Harry Potter is completely in the realm of fantasy. The witchcraft in ancient times was nothing more than a form of paganism and bore no resemblance to the fictional witches of the fairy tales that were written centuries later. No one has ever flown on a broom. I've read all seven of the Harry Potter novels and have no problem with them. (I always had low expectations regarding the movies because as a medium film is completely different from the printed page.) Nowhere in her novels does J.K. Rowling express a pagan, anti-Christian bias. The Hogwarts School in the stories provides for Christmas and Easter breaks in accordance with Christendom. In fact, the Harry Potter serial is downright wholesome with messages about heroism, perseverance, and redemption of flawed people. The story is an epic struggle of good against evil. Someone could write a story about ancient Greek gods and other such characters in Greek mythology. Yes, that was a pagan religion; but what's the harm of it today? No one worships these gods today. As far as wiccan and other such religions today, they bear absolutely no resemblance to the fictional world of Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling's novels don't encourage anyone to follow wicca or the occult anymore than Superman comic books encourage boys to don capes and jump out of windows, believing they can fly. If reading Harry Potter novels would violate your conscience, then, by all means, don't read them; but don't bind your opinions upon others.

Incidentally, as a black believer you might be interested to know that Pat Robertson's father was a leading segregationist politician -- no less than a member of the United States Senate who opposed civil rights legislation. Despite his political activism, Pat Robertson never spoke out against the cruel injustices of Jim Crow. In the 1964 Presidential election, he supported Senator Barry Goldwater, who had voted against the Civil Rights Act earlier that year. Also, Jerry Falwell was a noted segregationist who didn't change his tune until it became politically expedient for him to do so. They don't get any respect from me. Mad
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 08:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
actually, wmw, he doesn't think we're being disrespectful. He thinks we're being disrepsectful.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

MontereyJack wrote:
Have you any idea how to disrepsect someone?

I have no idea, although I suspect it has something to do with sects. (bad pun Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 08:15 pm
@wmwcjr,
I wrote:
There is a point that you're overlooking: Harry Potter has absolutely no connection to reality. None whatsover. Harry Potter is completely in the realm of fantasy. The witchcraft in ancient times was nothing more than a form of paganism and bore no resemblance to the fictional witches of the fairy tales that were written centuries later. No one has ever flown on a broom. I've read all seven of the Harry Potter novels and have no problem with them. (I always had low expectations regarding the movies because as a medium film is completely different from the printed page.) Nowhere in her novels does J.K. Rowling express a pagan, anti-Christian bias. The Hogwarts School in the stories provides for Christmas and Easter breaks in accordance with Christendom. In fact, the Harry Potter serial is downright wholesome with messages about heroism, perseverance, and redemption of flawed people. The story is an epic struggle of good against evil. Someone could write a story about ancient Greek gods and other such characters in Greek mythology. Yes, that was a pagan religion; but what's the harm of it today? No one worships these gods today. As far as wiccan and other such religions today, they bear absolutely no resemblance to the fictional world of Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling's novels don't encourage anyone to follow wicca or the occult anymore than Superman comic books encourage boys to don capes and jump out of windows, believing they can fly. If reading Harry Potter novels would violate your conscience, then, by all means, don't read them; but don't bind your opinions upon others.

Incidentally, as a black believer you might be interested to know that Pat Robertson's father was a leading segregationist politician -- no less than a member of the United States Senate who opposed civil rights legislation. Despite his political activism, Pat Robertson never spoke out against the cruel injustices of Jim Crow. In the 1964 Presidential election, he supported Senator Barry Goldwater, who had voted against the Civil Rights Act earlier that year. Also, Jerry Falwell was a noted segregationist who didn't change his tune until it became politically expedient for him to do so. They don't get any respect from me.

FIXED Mr. Green
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 08:24 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
Re: JGoldman10 (Post 4806594)
puffy, muffy, and fluffy could sell purses.

for the muggers to take...

Well, before they do get mugged, I want to be sure to buy a purse from them for my wife.Smile Mr. Green
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 10:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
I DO NOT CARE if SOME PEOPLE think PUFFY means GAY.

I gave you TWO defintions that are GIVEN according to Urbandictionary.com, one of the biggest slang sites on the web:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puffy&page=2

puffy

A person who's got large muscles, but isn't cut up. Thus, the person ends up lookin swollen all over. Not necessarily fat.

can be used as noun, adjective, profanity or nickname.
noun=an extremely cool person.
adjective=amazing
profanity=synomyn of f***
nickname=a nickname for someone that demonstrates puff-like qualities (i.e: coolness, awesomeness, enthusiam)

I asked people elsewhere and MOST people said "Puff Daddy".

What the hell are you doing? SPYING on me?

Puffy is also British slang for cannabis:

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/ZP.HTM

How come no one is addressing this?
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 11:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/ZP.HTM

How come no one is addressing this?

* groan *

Oh, no ... not another dopey thread. Sad

... because it's silly and fun! Smile
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 01:28 am
OK, that's good work, glad to see you're going to be developing characters that smoke dope AND are gay, Jason. That's a real nice twofer you've got going for you with Puffy.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 01:42 am
So let's put together all this research that we;ve done . When Jason gets his Puffy character up and running, what has he got? A super-cool, gay, dope smoker. WOW, Jason, that's awesome, by far your best idea for a character. You've definitely got to keep the name Puffy.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 02:37 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

IF you paid attention to TBN and other Christian stations on satellite

You'd be a ******* idiot.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 02:42 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

No, puff is, and it's not British, which would suggest it's used throughout the UK, it's a Mancunian term, used in Manchester and the surrounding area.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 10:35 am
Puffy and Cuffy are black. Why do they have to be gay? How do you know Puffy's name isn't a reference to to his hair? Haven't you people ever heard of Afro Puffs?:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/jazmine.gif

Or are you people ignorant about African American hairstyles?

NO, Afro Puffs is not an Afrocentric breakfast cereal.

Cuffy is another black slang term for a cool person:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuffy

Why do some of you people make the correlation of black being gay? That is RACIST.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 10:36 am
@wmwcjr,
Puffy is a male - he isn't going to sell purses.
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 10:58 am
@JGoldman10,
That's what you need to tell Rockhead. I was only joking, responding to his funny post. Smile
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 11:00 am
@wmwcjr,
IT doesn't matter. GOD says to flee the appearance of evil. WITCHCRAFT is evil and does not glorify God.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 11:01 am
@Rockhead,
Puffy is a male - he isn't going to sell purses.