ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 09:05 am
@cuervo ,
cuervo wrote:
What happens is weird but true all the females tend to adjust to eachothers cycles and before you know it the unit has to work around all the PMSing and cramping complaining complaining complaining females.

I used to believe that this synchronization was a fact. Turns out the research doesn't back it up.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=do-women-who-live-together-menstruate-together
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 09:15 am
@maxdancona,
That's really stupid. Do people really believe that? The bible was written back when people didn't know as much as they know now. It's soo outdated.
Ragman

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 09:44 am
@GracieGirl,
In those days there were no comic books. People needed entertainment and storytellers were the means of doing that and passing on some morality lessons and scaring the crap out of people so they'd conform. It worked for awhile but then people started using it as an excuse to fight wars and pick on those who didn't think like they did.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 09:55 am
@Ragman,
Yea. I think some religions are interesting. Like Christianity, and Buddism, and especially Hinduism ( they think that ,depending on how you live your life, you could be reincarnated as a dog or fish or something, lol. Or atleast I think that's Hinduism) I think of religion like I think of Greek or Latin Mythology. It's really interesting but it's not real.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:14 am
@GracieGirl,
It is not real! God, Jesus, Mohamed ...whatever you want to call them, they're just imaginary friends for adults.

Cramps can be alleviated with a B-complex vitamin combo - your health food store should have them. Also a hot-water-bottle will do wonders and sip hot tea and keep warm. Exercise helps too, believe it or not, it loosens up the muscles and help with cramps too.

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:54 am
@CalamityJane,
'imaginary friends for adults'. Hahaha! http://coolrain44.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/laughter-lol-animation-smiley.gif

Yea. Most of my friends are Christian and I tried to be one too but it's all soo stupid. I couldn't even pretend anymore.And when I went to Canada last summer my grandparents made me go to church. It was interesting but I still didn't believe what the preacher man was saying. I think there's way more religious people than non religious people. I dont know alot of atheist.

Thanks! I'll tell my dad to get the vitamins so I can try them. For exercise, I do gymnastics and dance but someone told me to try yoga. And I'm might try joining track at school when it starts.

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:55 am
@GracieGirl,
Whoa! That smileys bigger than I thought. Sorry. I thought it would be tiny. Haha! Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 01:57 pm
Sorry I'm late to the party!

I think it's pretty common to have cramps when you're a teenager, Gracie. A lot of us grow out of them by the time we reach our early 20s. The hormone levels seem to even out somewhat as you age. I hope that will happen for you, too.

I never had much of a problem with PMS...or maybe should I say the people around me never had much of a problem with me then! Hubby used to say that as long as he kept me supplied with enough chocolate, I was fine. (It works, btw.)

I'm glad I'm a woman and only have to deal with hormonal issues once a month. It's much easier than being a man with DAILY hormonal issues!!! Razz
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 02:04 pm
@GracieGirl,
Ooooh...I'm sorry to read that you think Christianity is stupid and hopelessly outdated. Obviously, CJ and I disagree on this completely. My faith means a great deal to me, and it prompts me to be a better person. It's not like having an "imaginary friend" at all. Actually, I find that pretty insulting.

Maybe it's time I left the party now.
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 02:43 pm
@Eva,
Hi Eva! I'm sorry about insulting you and what you believe. I don't believe in that stuff but I know some people do and I shouldn't have said all that. I reread what I wrote and it was insulting. I would be mad too if someone said being atheist was stupid so it wasn't fair for me to say that. Those religions aren't stupid just because I don't believe in them. They're important to some people and I wasn't thinking about that. I'm really am sorry. This thread is about puberty and not religion anyway. Smile

Thanks for the advice you gave me earlier. I hope my headaches and cramps go away as I get older too. Smile
maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 02:47 pm
@GracieGirl,
I think I started this. My intention wasn't to bash Christianity. I was responding to the point someone made that "some cultures" separate women during menstruation.

I merely was pointing out that "some cultures" aren't that far removed from our own.

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Yea, I don't think what you said was insulting. I think she just mad at me and CJ.

SORRY EVA! Sad
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:22 pm
@Eva,
I am sorry, Eva, I certainly did not mean to offend you, not you of all people.
Religion is surely a topic people feel very strongly about and I certainly don't mind a disagreement here, but to me it is what it is, only a belief in something and someone.

Regardless, I apologize to have offended you. Your one of the nicest people there are, this certainly was not my intention!
Eva

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
Well, this is a good example of why I very, very rarely talk about religion here. It almost never leads to a productive discussion.

I will accept your apology as long as you promise me one thing. If you ever catch me saying similar things about agnostics/athiests, you have to call me on it. OK?

Now let's get back to talking about puberty and periods. Please!
jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:52 pm
That reminds me, it’s time to manscape. Cool
Eva

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 04:02 pm
@jcboy,
Hey, there's something I always wanted 2 know.

Do men ever use Nair? Or do they always use a razor? (Ouchy!)
I'm assuming waxing is out of the question.
jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 04:09 pm
@Eva,
Nair never but Nads sometimes LOL

That's listerine behind it Cool

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3720/nads.jpg
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 04:33 pm
@Eva,
Thank you, Eva! Smile
----

Yes, I always wondered what guys use when I see a bare chest or legs completely without hair. Of course, I'd wish they wax it, so they can feel
the pain of beautification too, but I guess, most guys use the razor.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 04:38 pm
@jcboy,
There is something very disturbing about a hair removal product called "Nads".
Eva

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 05:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes, there is!
0 Replies