Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 04:10 pm
It's soo unfair that girls have to have their Special Time every month but guys dont have it. How do guys know when they get puberty? I know their voice gets deeper but do they notice that? Everyones voice changes as they get older but no one ever notices their own voice changing, right?

So, how do boys know when they get puberty? Confused

Oh! And wouldn't it be awesome if girls could stay home from school when theyre having their Special Time?!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 14,011 • Replies: 258

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 04:45 pm
@GracieGirl,
PUBERTY

I have a feeling there's a scolding coming your way.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 04:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Why? What did I do?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:01 pm
@GracieGirl,
Nothing with which I find fault, but your forays into subjects which may be perceived by some as being beyond your age or inappropriate for a young girl tend to bring out a couple of A2K's favorite scolds. We'll see.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Nothing with which I find fault, but your forays into subjects which may be perceived by some as being beyond your age or inappropriate for a young girl tend to bring out a couple of A2K's favorite scolds. We'll see.
Teenaged girls are not allowed to be publicly sexual beings, as we see in this thread.
http://able2know.org/topic/179955-1

We see well in this aversion to natural biological truths the inspiration for the burga.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:10 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Oh! And wouldn't it be awesome if girls could stay home from school when theyre having their Special Time?!

Absolutely yes.
Fido

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:13 pm
@GracieGirl,
I don't know about fair, but I will trade you one kick in the nads for ten periods... Deal???
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
But...I'm going through puberty so why would it be inappropriate to ask about it? Teenagers go through puberty, not adults, so it's totally appropriate.

Confused
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:17 pm
@Questioner,
Yea! I know right! When I go to school on those days, I feel weird and self conscious because I think everybody can tell it's my time. Plus my stomach hurts alot and I get headaches so I'd rather stay home for those 5 days.

Wait, you're a girl? I always thought you were a boy. Smile
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:19 pm
@Fido,
I don't want Nads! Haha! I like being a girl. I just wish guys had to deal with stuff like what girls deal with. Haha!
mismi

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:20 pm
@GracieGirl,
My concern Gracie is that not everyone is discerning about the information given out here. Just watch what you ask...you might get a whole lot more than you bargained for sweet girl. Wink

Perfectly normal to wonder what happens to guys that would equal what you are going through though...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:21 pm
@GracieGirl,
As I wrote, I don't feel that the manner in which you asked about it is at all inappropriate, but everyone doesn't think like me.

If someone believe it is inappropriate, I suspect you'll hear from them since thus far folks who have a concern with your participating in this forum have not been shy to voice it.

Didn't mean to throw you off track.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I was hoping you'd be one of the people who responded to Gracie in this thread. You've displayed a really deft hand in your approach to a number of younger posters' questions that I've really appreciated. It may have been there all along - I could just be cottoning on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:29 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

I don't want Nads! Haha! I like being a girl. I just wish guys had to deal with stuff like what girls deal with. Haha!

guys have their own, different, stuff to deal with

Questioner

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:43 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Yea! I know right! When I go to school on those days, I feel weird and self conscious because I think everybody can tell it's my time. Plus my stomach hurts alot and I get headaches so I'd rather stay home for those 5 days.

Wait, you're a girl? I always thought you were a boy. Smile

Oh no Ms. Gracie, I am a boy. I work for a woman-owned company that is currently about 90% female. I would be overwhelmed with joy to let them stay home on their special days.
firefly

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:43 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
How do guys know when they get puberty?

They begin to notice changes in their body, just as females do at puberty.
Quote:
What changes will occur during puberty?

Sexual and other physical maturation that occurs during puberty result from hormonal changes. As the child nears puberty, a gland in the brain called the pituitary gland increases the secretion of a hormone called follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). This hormone then causes additional effects. In girls, FSH activates the ovaries to start producing estrogen. In boys, FSH causes sperm to develop.

In boys, it is difficult to know exactly when puberty is coming. There are changes that occur, but they occur gradually over a period of time rather than as a single event. While each male adolescent is different, the following are average ages when puberty changes may occur:

•beginning of puberty: 9.5 to 14 years of age
•first pubertal change: enlargement of the testicles
•penis enlargement: begins approximately one year after the testicles begin enlarging
•appearance of pubic hair: 13.5 years of age
•hair under the arms, on the face, voice change, and acne: 15 years of age
•nocturnal emissions (or wet dreams): 14 years of age
There are specific stages of development that boys go through when developing secondary sexual characteristics. The following is a brief overview of the changes that occur:

•In boys, the initial puberty change is the enlargement of the scrotum and testes. At this point, the penis does not enlarge.
•Then, as the testes and scrotum continue to enlarge, the penis enlarges mainly in length.
•Next, the penis will continue to enlarge in both size and length.
•Pubic hair development is similar for both girls and boys. The initial growth of hair produces long, soft hair that is only in a small area around the genitals.
•This hair then becomes darker and coarser as it continues to spread.
•The pubic hair eventually looks like adult hair, but in a smaller area. It may spread to the thighs and, sometimes, up the stomach.

The following are additional changes that may occur for the male as he experiences the changes of puberty:

•His body size will increase, with the feet, arms, legs, and hands sometimes growing "faster" than the rest of the body. This may cause the adolescent boy to experience a time of feeling clumsy.
•Some boys may get some swelling in the area of their breasts as a result of the hormonal changes that are occurring. This is common among teenage boys and is usually a temporary condition. Consult your adolescent's physician if this is a concern.
•Voice changes may occur as the voice gets deeper. Sometimes, the voice may "crack" during this time. This is a temporary condition and will improve over time.
•Not only will hair begin to grow in the genital area, but males will also experience hair growth on their face, under their arms, and on their legs.
•As the hormones of puberty increase, adolescents may experience an increase in oily skin and sweating. This is a normal part of growing up. It is important to wash daily, including the face. Acne may develop.
•As the penis enlarges, the adolescent male may begin to experience erections. This is when the penis becomes hard and erect because it is filled with blood. This is due to hormonal changes and may occur when the boy fantasizes about sexual things or for no reason at all. This is a normal occurrence.
•During puberty, the male's body also begins producing sperm. Semen, which is composed of sperm and other bodily fluids, may be released during an erection. This is called ejaculation. Sometimes, this may happen while the male is sleeping. This is called a nocturnal emission or "wet dream." This is a normal part of puberty and will stop as the male gets older.
http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patientcare/healthcare_services/mens_health/puberty_adolescent_male/Pages/index.aspx

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:49 pm
@mismi,
Ok, I understand. Thanks mismi! Mr. Green

Can I call you Missy like Rocky and Izzie?
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh! Okay. Well, I'm glad you don't think it's inappropriate and you didn't really throw me off track.

Thanks. Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Like what? Guys have it wayy easier
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:55 pm
@Questioner,
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies