Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 08:55 am
@sozobe,
Normally, the vagina is sufficiently acidic that the "yeast" (i forget the latin name) cannot culture there. The microrganism is always present, however, and usually is present in the vulva. If anything occurs which alters the pH balance of the vagina, an infection can arise, in that the mircorganism is able to "culture" itself--it can start a colony. Although it may be possible that the type of underwear could affect a change in the pH of the vagina, it beats me how that would happen. One of the most common causes of an altered pH balance in the vagina is a particularly heavy menstrual flow.

EDIT: This is what i picked up working in the Army Medical Corps. I would advise Gracie to read up on the subject.
sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:00 am
@Setanta,
Found this:

Quote:
Follow these suggestions from Dr. Dunham to help reduce your risk of getting a yeast infection:

Wear cotton underwear. Cotton wicks moisture away from the skin, discouraging yeast growth, so choose cotton panties as often as possible.

Avoid underwear made of:

- Nylon
- Lycra
- Other synthetic materials

These fabrics trap moisture and heat, providing a breeding ground for yeast. Cotton and other natural fibers “breathe,” allowing moisture to evaporate.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/yeast-infection/clothing.aspx
Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:02 am
@sozobe,
I'll take your word on that, and the explanation makes sense.
sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:04 am
@Setanta,
I went to the Mayo Clinic page since I consider that one of the more authoritative sources, interestingly they corroborate Gracie's statement that tight-fitting underwear should be avoided, as well.

Quote:
To reduce your risk of vaginal yeast infection:

- Avoid douching.
- Don't use scented tampons, pads, bubble baths or feminine hygiene sprays.
- Wear cotton underwear and loosefitting pants or skirts.
- Avoid tightfitting underwear or pantyhose.

- Change out of wet clothes, such as swimsuits or workout attire, as soon as possible.
- Stay out of hot tubs or very hot baths.

(Emphasis mine.)
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/yeast-infection/DS01182/DSECTION=prevention
Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:08 am
@sozobe,
Well, maybe physiology makes for a difference, but i could not put on "tight fitting" underwear. If it doesn't accomodate my butt, i can't get it on. Once again, the determining factor is any change in the pH balance of the vagina. Men can get a contact infecction from sexual relations with a woman who has a yeast infection, but ordinary hygiene will get rid of it pretty quickly.

I knew about douches and scented "feminie hygiene" products, because of the potential to alter the pH.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 09:09 am
@sozobe,
That is a very good argument for getting in the habbit of going commando in a mini with thigh highs...which I greatly approve of.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2011 10:50 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

That is a very good argument for getting in the habbit of going commando in a mini with thigh highs...which I greatly approve of.

-3 popularity??

Can anyone dispute the factual basis of my assertion??

I shan't hold my breath while waiting for an answer.
cuervo

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:37 am
@hawkeye10,
i agree
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 12:42 am
@cuervo ,
cuervo wrote:

i agree

I hope you had no designs on being popular around here, because agreeing with known heretics is not the way to get there.....
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 02:33 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

cuervo wrote:

i agree

I hope you had no designs on being popular around here, because agreeing with known heretics is not the way to get there.....

I didn't think Cuervo was doing that at all. He was agreeing with a well known idiot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 03:15 am
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day--although i don't consider this to have been an example of that.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 03:55 am
@Setanta,
I am hearing sniveling, but no evidence that I am wrong......
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 03:59 am
@hawkeye10,
That's been provided in the past, or do you still claim that the rioters who went on the rampage in the UK over the summer are like the protestors in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya? I've seen no evidence that your assertion is anything other than proof you don't know what you're talking about.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's been provided in the past, or do you still claim that the rioters who went on the rampage in the UK over the summer are like the protestors in Egypt, Tunisia and Libya? I've seen no evidence that your assertion is anything other than proof you don't know what you're talking about.
I do, and I have provided multiple opinion peices that come to the same conclusion. If I am wrong (and I am not) then I am in good company
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2011 04:32 am
@hawkeye10,
You're a hoot. Did you think that that schoolyard insult about sniveling would provoke an angry response? Silly boy. I don't have to prove your hilarious bullshit wrong, i can just laugh at it.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 01:56 am
Bahahahahahah.

Several "grown" men trading insults on a teenager's thread.

What a sterling example of intelligent repartee.

My hat is off to you gentlemen.

No, really it is.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:03 am
@Builder,
Plus, an allegedly grown man braying off to one side . . . entertainment indeed.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:18 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Several "grown" men trading insults on a teenager's thread.
Avatars have birth certificates now?

Who knew?

Oh wait, we are supposed to trust that people will tell the truth....ya, that will work great.

There is no age in the virtual world. Not all of us know each other in real life. Maybe the person who types as Gracie is 13, maybe he/she is not, and I dont care.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2011 02:57 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Plus, an allegedly grown man braying off to one side . . . entertainment indeed.

Looks like we both need some new hobbies, ol' man.
Touche......
0 Replies