GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:39 am
@sozobe,
Oh! Because the sperm is soo old. Same thing happens with older girls eggs right?
sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:39 am
@GracieGirl,
Talking about cramps and just generally making sure everything's OK. Definitely not just about birth control pills.

I had really bad cramps when I was a teenager, and also stopped menstruating. (I was an athlete and didn't have enough body fat.) I eventually went on birth control pills just to regulate my periods. (Went off of them a few years ago, took a while for my body to normalize again and then the painful cramps started again. Grrr. I had zero to minor cramps when I was on B.C. pills.)
sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:40 am
@GracieGirl,
Right!

Good points Osso, both about the family practitioner and diabetes, I'd forgotten that was a factor.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:41 am
@GracieGirl,
As we get older, our organs and reproductive system show the wear and tear as well, i.e. the quality of our eyes let go, our liver function and just about everything else in our body ages including the quality of semen.

Here you can read up on menopause http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/womens-health/menopause-4807.htm

Planned Parenthood is a good site for all kinds of information. Look through it and check out various topics.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:42 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
took a while for my body to normalize again and then the painful cramps started again. Grrr.

that's not unusual during perimenopause, which seems to kick in roughly around 35 - though it can certainly be earlier or later
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:44 am
@ossobuco,
Yea, I talked to my doctor around the time I got my period. 'I have a period plan' lol. And I have a plan for when I get sick and everything. And I usually, like, ask my doctor what medicine I can take to help with the pain. Medicines that won't affect my blood sugar and stuff.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:45 am
@ehBeth,
Oh really? Urgh.

It did seem to coincide with other recalibrations though. And I had the painful cramps before I went on pills, so.... also had them when I went off pills before having sozlet (1 year).
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:48 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
Oh! And wouldn't it be awesome if girls could stay home from school when theyre having their Special Time?!

a number of years ago i was on a committee to help set up some company policy, when sick days were being discussed one female fellow employee said that12 would be a good number so women could take one day a month when they were PMS'ing, my fave management person, a female engineer countered with, "why would you want to stay home being miserable, bring the bitch and spread it around", she was the best
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:54 am
@djjd62,
No. I know what PMS is. Gisele and Ursula were talking about it on Facebook yesterday. I don't have that. I'm normal when its my time. I just wanna stay home because when I have it I feel like everybody can tell and it's embarrassing. Plus it hurts and I get headaches and I worry about leaks and stuff. It'd just be easier if I could stay home.
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:55 am
@CalamityJane,
Okay! Thanks! I'll check it out. Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:58 am
@sozobe,
Oh! So you had menopause early because you were skinny so they gave you birth control pills to get your cycle back? Werenf you happy when it was gone sozobe?
sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:16 am
@GracieGirl,
It wasn't menopause per se, since menopause includes other elements besides just stopping menstruation.

First I stopped menstruating, then I was put on something (I was 14, I can't remember what), that caused me to menstruate but also caused truly excruciating cramps, and the bleeding went on for too long. So then I went on pills to regulate everything (and tried to eat more). It worked.

I was not happy when the period was gone, because it was worrisome (not least because of the idiot gynecologist who did not believe me when I said I wasn't sexually active and therefore couldn't be pregnant -- I had very low bodyfat but was also pretty muscular, so I didn't "look" skinny in the typical anorexic way), and then because of the pain associated with trying to bring it back.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:24 am
@sozobe,
Gah, really? did you ever straighten that gyno out? One hopes that doc knows more about female athletes by now.
sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:26 am
@ossobuco,
I did not, I was too meek and cowed at the time. It definitely started my tendency to think critically while at the doctor's office though.

That guy was such a jerk. Very suggestive in saying why he thought it was unlikely that a gorgeous girl like me wasn't sexually active. Ugh.

Anyway. Didn't go back to him, and have had plenty of decent gynecologists since. Don't want to scare Gracie! Doubt his type would last long these days.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:27 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
So, how do boys know when they get puberty? Confused
OmSigDAVID wrote:
At age 1O, pubic hair grows on your groin.

GracieGirl wrote:
Hair didn't grow when I was 10 David.
So that's not true; that's too young.
(I was answering your question: "So, how do boys know when they get puberty?")
Anyway, it sure was too young, when it happened to me. I did not like that.
That hair never did me any good; looks bad. I never wanted it; still don 't.
Another bad aspect of puberty (male aspect, that u asked about) was discoloration,
darkening of the sexual organ; looks bad. I did not like that. I do not like being discolored.

On the other hand, a fellow mentioned to me that his 14 year old son
was upset that he did not have pubic hair, tho some of his younger
friends had it; so people have different opinions.

David
ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:27 am
@sozobe,
Right. I was surprised it happened in your teens, given our ages.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:32 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
Hair didn't grow when I was 10 David. So that's not true; that's too young.

not too young

there's a pretty wide range of age of onset and cessation of menstruation in females and development of secondary sexual characteristics in females and males
Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:37 am
@GracieGirl,
We'll come over to your house and build a hut in the backyard, then when you have your period, you have to go into your hut and stay there 'til it's over. You can't see other people, and you especially can't touch men. We'll leave your meals outside the door of the hut, but you must not look at us when we do it.

Wimmins is so evil . . .
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 11:40 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
No, "boys sperm is fertile until their last breath is uttered....
the quality of the sperm however does diminish (although men would debate that).
Altho I have never wanted to become a father at any age,
I 'm aware of a significantly higher incidence of genetic birth defects
from older fathers, and I sure don 't want THAT to happen.
I lead a very happy life.

David
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 12:57 pm
@GracieGirl,
Gracie wrote:
Quote:
Boys=Gross. Razz

That made me laugh. My niece told me, " Boys are stink ", one time.

Yeah...they are. But entertaining never the less.