What's so wrong with being Gay?

Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:06 am
@djjd62,
Homosexuality is not to be respected since it doesn't stand for a "difference", homosexuality is an evil "choice" made by certain people who either have a psychological or mental illness. It's a crime against humanity and a very disgusting thing to do or even to think of.
djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:07 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
the same could be said for a religion that advocates such sentiments
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:14 am
@djjd62,
Anyone who has a point different from your "PERSONAL" perspective is to be called ignorant?

Second, so what if it's the 21st century? you mean to tell me that "virtue" and "honor" have reached the tip of the peak in our current days???? sorry to break this to you "but I don't think so", just because humans have invented so much and developed on the materialistic level doesn't mean that they are better people than those who were in the past "or the dawn of time as you said".
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:19 am
@djjd62,
Well that's your opinion, but again it's not relevant to the main question, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING GAY" every one should give his ideas and define why, there's no need of going beyond that.
Oh, and before I forget, the religion that you're attacking is followed by one and half billion people on earth. so say that to them.
djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:21 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
it has nothing to do with my personal perspective, your entitled to your opinion, i'm entitled to mine

notice how i never once called for your beheading, even though i disagree with your thoughts and lifestyle choices

live and let live i say, why should i care if my brother, friend or neighbour is gay
fresco

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:22 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Quote:
as an Arab and a Muslim I think all homosexuals are to be beheaded or stoned to death as it's the will of God.

What about paedophiles like Mohammed ?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:23 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Desert Gyrfalcon wrote:
Oh, and before I forget, the religion that you're attacking is followed by one and half billion people on earth. so say that to them.

in the end i don't care what someone believes or doesn't believe, but calling for the destruction of a group of peoples in the name of any deity is not something i'd want to follow
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:27 am
@djjd62,
You should care because it "may" affect your family or your future children, you should care because it may bring your community to an end.
djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:31 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
i have no fear of such things
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:32 am
@djjd62,
Well, to us homosexuals are an evil group just like Nazis, gangs, or any group that it's directly affecting the society and represents a problem in its moving forward.
djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:35 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
ridiculous, i can't see the homosexuals rounding people up and putting them in gas chambers, they might give us all makeovers and redecorate our houses, but that's about it
0 Replies

Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:35 am
@djjd62,
that's you versus 1.5 billion people my friend.

thank you for the discussion
fresco

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:38 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Laughing
Which "us" is that ? The Sunnis or the Shi-ites ? .....and which of you committed the most atrocities last month ?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:38 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
it's not just moslems that feel like you, lots of christians too, it's your and their right to feel that way, i just think everyones time could be spent worrying about other things, like feeding the poor and stopping wars
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:42 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Desert Gyrfalcon wrote:

the point of view you're expressing is culturally, not religiously, based.

My Muslim friends assure me that there is no problem with homosexuality within the faith. There are however some cultural groups who have attempted to place that stricture within Islam. They are wrong to do so. It is an embarassment to the faith.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:43 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Desert Gyrfalcon wrote:

Well, to us homosexuals are an evil group just like Nazis, gangs, or any group that it's directly affecting the society and represents a problem in its moving forward.

why not be honest and admit this is your personal view.

It does not come from Islam.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:45 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Why do you choose to think about other people the way you do? the way you think is an indication of psychological or mental illness. It is a disgusting thing to do or even to think of.
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:49 am
@djjd62,
I respect that, feeding the poor and stopping unnecessary wars. yet what if the "virtues" that a certain society is built upon were attacked? it's the right of a certain group to defend their interests and laws of life according to their faith or even according to their feelings.
again thank you for the discussion.
fresco

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:50 am
@ehBeth,
Alas, the tragedy is that "choice " doesn't come into it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:52 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Desert Gyrfalcon wrote:
it's the right of a certain group to defend their interests and laws of life according to their faith

then they'd best really understand their faith, and not to trust to other peoples' cultural interpretations of the core writings

defending what you want something to say is NOT the same as defending what is actually written.
0 Replies