What's so wrong with being Gay?

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:04 pm
I'm an older person. Some of us here are gay and not gay, or otherwise. Your question is somewhat elementary to some of us.

I'd like to link you to a bunch of posts, but I'll have to do some noodleing for that.

0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:07 pm
@RexDraconis111,
I can speculate some absurd reasons. But I can't think of any logical reason why homosexuality would be wrong. And ignorance certainly isn't a logical reason.

That said, I don't think sexuality itself is at all logical, regardless of one's personal preference. Any argument against it is kind of like an argument against... let's say flooring.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:20 pm
@RexDraconis111,
Most people I run into on a daily basic don’t know I’m gay, I don’t flaunt it nor do I hide it. I’m just who I am, like it or not and screw them if they don't!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:24 pm
@MMarciano,
And that was the point of all the sturm und drang - that you can be who you are.

So, I'm all for further sturm and drang in places that need it.

Marco, you two are a bunch of years behind my experience.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 07:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
ahah..but they're a majority. Though, bitch slapping the ignorant could be habit forming. Cept'n I could get my share.

Seriously this same thing can be asked about any minority: Why are people anti-semitic, anti-black, anti-Martian? Smell minded easily threatened people fear anything that is different than them - particularly those with little exposure or poor education.

Besides, without gays around, we might all be doomed to having poorly matching curtains and plays that have no drama to them.
0 Replies

jameseo

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 02:30 am
It's so easy...
Logically and naturally you wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for a man and a woman. And if life depended on homosexuality, we'll all be extinct. To top it off (and even though this sounds counter cultural,) sex has a purpose, sodomy is sodomy man with man or woman with man. Men and women have counter parts that fit perfectly. No matter how much people try to make it seem like its natural to do otherwise.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 02:41 am
Is this your take?

That anyone that is homosexual is creating a sin, not loved by God?

You are an embarasement to the word "Good"..

So, because someone is Gay, if they were on an Island there would be no World, one Island verses the entire World?

I can only speak for myself on my own beliefs and that is, the Bible, is written.

Some 2000 years ago, things were written.

Ever tell someone a tail and it ends up back at you and you were the evil one? When that was not the case?

And so, too can that scripture be changed over and over and over to suit 'man' and his thoughts.

After all a woman in the caveman days was dragged by her hair, beaten with a club and sexual intercourse was had, bad luck woman... Would that be looked upon favourably and rightous? Or is that Man?

Oh and I know guys we girls take too:) Just saying, using a point.

Science does claim that a human life, born is born with genes.

Some more feminine, some more masculine.

But seriously who cares?

What is in the inner self, the heart and two people loving each other in my opinion is all that matters.

I have cousins who are "gay" I hate that word... I ran Restaurants and had "gay" Assistant Managers, waiters.. I still hate that word.

They are not gay.. They are people loving, know how to love and usually are so darn good looking it shirts me:) Well did when I was young and looking and are so real, down to earth, know what love is about.

You should learn to look at "people" as "people" ... Sex really does not come into it , let alone who likes who and why.

The Bible is a base all of which in my opinon has been changed over the years by man.. I will not have not read it, ... I don't need to.

We are who we are.. Be happy. If you can not fathom people due to culture, race or sex preferences then you can not fathom yourself, you have no idea what love really is, un-conditional and acceptance of people can choose who they are and what they want out of life.. It's their life isn't it? Why do you make it yours?

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 02:46 am
@jameseo,
Quote:
It's so easy...
Logically and naturally you wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for a man and a woman. And if life depended on homosexuality, we'll all be extinct. To top it off (and even though this sounds counter cultural,) sex has a purpose, sodomy is sodomy man with man or woman with man. Men and women have counter parts that fit perfectly. No matter how much people try to make it seem like its natural to do otherwise.

Have you ever been in love, truly in love ? Smile

And, again do you know how friggen big this World is? Regardless of what is extinct and what isn't extinct the world goes on.

And, babies are born...

Sex has "a" purpose" lols to only do it to have children? Is that the purpose?

Or is it, to highten the hormones and create a bond and in that love? Sex is sex, do it for no reason and it's just plain horny.. There is sensual and sexual have you experienced those ever?

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 02:54 am
@jameseo,
Ok jameseo

Ya keep adding the same link to all your posts everywhere about Gays..

So why is that? Promoting the Church? IDK...

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 08:39 am
Sodomy is only a man written rule and does not apply to humans as a whole.

Education is the closest thing I can think of that would explain why people are so homophobic, but not in the way it was represented ( or commented on I should say)

Homophobia.. ekk. You know, I dont WANT to use that word because it implies so much hate, and just out right elitism and stupidity. So bear with me for a second..

People are slighted to the idea of homosexual behaviors due to our very basic , very strong drive to procreate and survive. Strip away all of common culture, technology and advancements....put is in tribes that survive on only the land and remove all religion. Make humans the basic animal they are, but keep the intelligence .
Just like the initial reaction to hearing a lion roar, or a dog bark and charge is to RUN ..or save yourself.. because IT ISNT RIGHT ( meaning you will die) is sort of the same reaction humans have to homosexuality. NOT saying that it isnt right in the politically correct version , no judgment with that statement implied, but it does not fit with our natural survival drive, outline or design. It is just a pleasure.

In order for someone to ACTUALLY BE GAY, they have a hormonal imbalance that reflects the thoughts, emotions, drive , attractions and behaviors of the opposite sex they are born into. This, just like dwarfism, albinism and other mutations of human species are not common. So people naturally pause to the idea. It isnt indicative of the general race of the human species. Again, do NOT hear me say anything with judgment.That is not my point.

Our basic DNA says " mate, mate, mate , procreate, eat, fight, survive" You can not create babies with two women or two men. On the very basic, very simple level THAT FEELS WRONG to people. But most lack the common knowledge of survival, the ability to think past society and the understanding of ANY species at its core.. let alone the human species.

We are so far removed from the raw animal we once were that in order to explain away abnormalities of our developments we have created things like religion and law to shun something that really doesnt harm us in the least.

homosexuality does not harm the human species. Neither does being a dawrf for example. But people think it does because we no longer can easily and simply identify that gut reaction we have. We would all live much more harmoniously ( I would like to believe ) if we were able to remove such stupid ideas of " sodomoy is a sin" or " god said this.... laws say that" .. and just accepted personal responsibility and the realization that the reaction we have to it does not imply danger.

If you really want to strip the human of all precursors when it comes to sex, the possibility of humans simply enjoying homosexual behaviors for the sheer fun of a pleasurable orgasm may skyrocket. ( I SAID MAY! hehe) If we were able to recognize that orgasm does not imply love, mating or any other life binding behavior.. and classified it with things as simple as scratching your back for pleasure... there would be no harsh implications to the act what so ever. Again.. back to the imposed man made laws to shun out what we dont identify with anymore. The introduction of religion has infused shame with sex and demanded we think of it as love only and not simple pleasure.

Lack of education does encompass all of that yes... but not in a ' book learning' style..
RexDraconis111

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:29 am
@shewolfnm,
I've actually never thought of it that way, maybe due to my inexperience, idk. All I know is that is the best response I've heard so far.
0 Replies

RexDraconis111

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:33 am
@jameseo,
Quote:
It's so easy...

According to whom? Did God come to you personally to tell you this? Or did you read it in the Christian bible?

If you read it in the Christian bible, I may have to burst your little bubble and say that the Christian bible is a book written by man, therefore could be looked at as a fictional story. While the bible may help to guide certain people, it shouldn't be taken as divine law, IMHO.
Below viewing threshold (view)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 02:15 pm
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Isn't it also custom to behead, or stone a wife, if she leaves her husband?

I find that to be barbaric, and with all due respect, wrong.............................
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 03:18 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No it is not, you don't behead or stone a woman that has a strong argument for leaving her husband, she is to be stoned only if she committed adultery, and it also applies to the husband, i.e if he committed adultery he is to be stoned as well.
What you label as "wrong" and "barbaric" is to be seen as "just" and "fair" where I belong, now I believe that we should respect our differences, not to try to judge them in accordance to one's culture, I mean that we have our own point of views of what's right and wrong.

However, I can't see what does that got to do with the question being asked!!

peace upon all.
djjd62

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 03:27 pm
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
Desert Gyrfalcon wrote:
now I believe that we should respect our differences

oh the irony
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:45 am
@djjd62,
I can't see the "irony" in what you've quoted!
djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:49 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
of course you don't

you believe we should respect others differences and at the same time we behead homosexuals

with that much irony you could cure anaemia worldwide
Desert Gyrfalcon

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:00 am
@RexDraconis111,
Now, it is not a religious matter to deny homosexuality or to condemn, even in ancient pagan and liberal societies homosexuality was to be considered as a destructive attempt against the sacred "and far more natural" relationship between men and women represented in the institution of marriage.
Personally I wouldn't even sit on a chair that a homosexual sat on before me. I believe this is to be fought on both cultural and social level in the western societies.
I apologies if my words weren't clear since English is not my native tongue.

thank you.
djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2012 07:04 am
@Desert Gyrfalcon,
not my fault you believe in fairy tales, no excuse for ignorance

you may not have noticed, but it's the 21st century, not the dawn of time