SURVIVOR ALL-STARS

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:27 am
Last night's immunity was not a physical challenge, it was a puzzle and Rob still won.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:08 am
Rob is getting to much power and influence - I'm sorry to think but Rupert is one of the next to be going - giving Rob further, I really do not want to see him win.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:08 pm
I was sorry to see Kathy go, too. I REALLY wanted her to win this one. She SO got robbed in Marquesas.

Question: Is there ANY player right now who does NOT think they're going to the Final Four with Rob? (I wanna say-- do the math, people!!!) Maybe Shii Ann doesn't think that, but she may be the only one. I think she'll be out next.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:28 pm
Shii Ann's so gonna win.

(Bonking self on forehead for ignoring the total obviousness for so long. Do I get points for being color-blind, or something? Hmph.)
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:43 am
sozobe wrote:
Shii Ann's so gonna win.

(Bonking self on forehead for ignoring the total obviousness for so long. Do I get points for being color-blind, or something? Hmph.)
]

Color me clueless on that one. Why do you think she will win?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:32 am
Shii Ann is probably the player MOST "under the radar." That has often been an important factor in making it to the final two, in previous Survivors.

Although Rob is making himself a serious target, and I expect him to be voted out the first time he loses immunity, you have to admit he's playing the game.

I'm thinking Alicia for winner. I don't think Shii Ann will win 'cause she hasn't really 'played'.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:05 am
I agree with Equus. I really do not have much respect for Shii Ann as she has not really done anything to warrant being a winner. I have more respect as a Survivor player for some one like Rob who is truly playing the game. I have also noticed that sometimes the player that appears to be the one disliked the most, ends up really being a favorite among the other players. Who knows what the editors are leaving in versus what they leave out.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 11:07 am
Linkat wrote:
I agree with Equus. I really do not have much respect for Shii Ann as she has not really done anything to warrant being a winner. I have more respect as a Survivor player for some one like Rob who is truly playing the game. I have also noticed that sometimes the player that appears to be the one disliked the most, ends up really being a favorite among the other players. Who knows what the editors are leaving in versus what they leave out.

I agree with y'all. I really want Alicia "I will always wave my finger in your face", Big Tom, and Rupert to go to the Final 3. Amber sure as heck doesn't deserve it.

That is so true about the editing. Otherwise, how in the hayell would Jenna Morasca have won in the Amazon -- I STILL can't figure that one out. But from Lex's and Kathy's interviews, I think Rob did really burn his bridges with them.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:32 am
Do you think Alicia's lack of people skills caused her demise? The infamous finger-wagger made it farther than she did in the Outback. She should have taken a lesson from her pal Jerri and softened up her personality a bit. She was in the "dominant" tribe, she is strong, and I think she could have gone farther if she weren't such a hard a$$. (I covet those hard abs, though)

I felt really sorry for her when Jeff read the votes in the Reward Challenge. What an awful question, "Who is under the false impression that they are smart?" And then to say she didn't deserve to be an All Star! I don't blame her for being cold towards them all after that. If you ask me, I think the least deserving person out there is Amber and she may even win the damn thing.

Speaking of the Reward Challenge, I HOPE that SOME people understood the implications of EVERYONE voting for Rob as "the person they'd trust with their lives." Hello, people??? Do the math, already.

Very cool the way little Shii Ann won immunity. I could tell she wasn't going anywhere from the minute she put her arm up. However, I don't think it'll buy her more than three more days.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:52 am
Was busy lastnight so have to watch the tape tonight.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:54 am
I agree with you on Alicia. As bad as it was to hear some of those things, it would have been to her advantage to handle it a little better. Those questions are specifically designed to cause controversy - better ratings. I did agree with their answer to the smart question. That is who I thought of right away. The reason being that Alicia does give the impression that she thinks she is really smart, not necessarily that others are smarter than her.

Rob being voted the person they would most trust with their lives shows that what we see is not necessarily everything that is going on. I would venture to guess that Rob is much more likeable and nice to the other players than the editing lets on.

Shii Ann was impressive in her win, but unimpressive in her handling of her win and in the reward challenge. Her people skills are even worse than Alicia. She would have a better chance of stirring things up and thus giving her an opportunity to stay longer if she did not gloat so much. And to handle things better over the reward challenge. In other words, she needs to learn to be a good winner and a good loser.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:06 am
Linkat wrote:
I agree with you on Alicia. As bad as it was to hear some of those things, it would have been to her advantage to handle it a little better. Those questions are specifically designed to cause controversy - better ratings. I did agree with their answer to the smart question. That is who I thought of right away. The reason being that Alicia does give the impression that she thinks she is really smart, not necessarily that others are smarter than her.

I think it would be awful to have to vote for ANYONE on that one. But an arrogant person would be the first person you'd think of, and Alicia is pretty arrogant. Still, I felt sorry for her. It would be hard to handle it better, but I think some people could have pulled it off.

Linkat wrote:
Rob being voted the person they would most trust with their lives shows that what we see is not necessarily everything that is going on. I would venture to guess that Rob is much more likeable and nice to the other players than the editing lets on.

Yes, manipulative editing is always a possibility. But the reason I think they should have seen a red flag with that vote is -- there are too many of them there for him to take to the Final Four! He is playing them all, just like Brian did in Thailand.

Linkat wrote:
Shii Ann was impressive in her win, but unimpressive in her handling of her win and in the reward challenge. Her people skills are even worse than Alicia. She would have a better chance of stirring things up and thus giving her an opportunity to stay longer if she did not gloat so much. And to handle things better over the reward challenge. In other words, she needs to learn to be a good winner and a good loser.

Yes, they both need a Dale Carnegie course. Maybe even a remedial one. Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:12 am
browneyedgirl, I've predicted the previous two winners based on demographics -- gender, age, and... cultural heritage? An Asian player hasn't won, yet. New demographic, even though the last two winners were also young women.

Typically, the winner is under the radar (both fact and editing) and then really pulls through with some toughness towards the end and wins people over.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:21 am
Soz, I don't think Shii Ann stands a chance. How many more immunity challenges will she win? But I've been wrong before--and you've been right before. We'll have to wait and see.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 11:03 am
Equus wrote:

I'm thinking Alicia for winner.

....or not....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 04:50 pm
You know, I didnt think it all that bad how she handled her immunity win...I mean, come on..if I was sitting there and these people were outright saying honestly to me that I was going...and I won, you bet ya Id say..see...I think there were some thing edited out of all of that immunity challenge as well.
I always try to think that we see about 40 minutes of 3 days, and what we see, has been edited for twists and turns and improbability. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt.
I look forward to next week though, so its all good.
At this point, I just really really hope its not big TOM that wins...and other than that, I cant see the others winning.sigh.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 09:56 am
Does anyone else besides me think this show is getting WAY too predictable?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 11:02 am
kind of and it's disappointing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 11:03 am
well it would have been fun to see Rupert slobber all over his Wife.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 11:07 am
It is a bit too predicatble..even with them editing it not to be..almost as if they cant edit it to suprise us. sigh.
0 Replies