SURVIVOR ALL-STARS

husker

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 10:45 pm
Quote:
Probst has a warm spot in his heart for Amber's paramour Boston Rob, a construction foreman who has cultivated a blue collar reputation despite having graduated from Boston University with a degree in psychology. Rob has parlayed that psych major into a blustery alpha male persona that has earned equal measures of love and hate from the show's fans.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 10:47 pm
Quote:
What may save Rupert, Probst suggests, is an alliance with Jenna Lewis.

"Jenna knows what time as it is," he admits. "Jenna Lewis, as irritating and annoying as she can be out there, she is playing this game to win. Period. And she will cut anybody at any time from here on out."

Link
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 11:08 pm
You have to try and watch this interview
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:27 am
I tried but I kept biting the side of my mouth.

That ratbastard Rob!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 08:11 pm
So Chad and Buffy were elected Prom King and Queen. ho hum

and the head cheerleader won the money..... Rolling Eyes

nite,,, nite,,,

Joe
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:02 am
Well well well - it was lurve after all (!)

Personally I don't think Amber deserved it. Probst mentioned "riding coattails" during the show and it describes Amber to a T. She made no strategic efforts within the game, save one, hooking up with Boston Rob. When all is said and done, HE won the game but sore-loser-itis lost him the game. Had he taken Jenna with him I am not so sure he would have lost.

But then again it would seem the golden couple won together, regardless of which got the mil.

Now my vote for the other $1M winner - I am voting on www.cbs.com today - will be Rupert because I LOVE him! I think he deserves the money for putting up with all those back-stabbers and he is such a nice guy he will spend it wisely.

I couldn't believe that crap both Boston Rob and Amber came out with, about what they would do with the million (at final tribal council) yeah right you would spend it on MS and scholarships - after tax, it will be 700K and will be spent on buying a nice new home for the love-birds, which is what I would do!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:05 am
Well...well...well... look who decides to poke her head in the door.

How ya been, Heeven. I haven't seen that crusty ol' emu head in quite some time.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:17 am
I've had my head in the sand for a spell - been eating leaves and watching them damn survivors from the trees. Took a nip or two when they came near but never got my close-up Mr. DeMille.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:08 am
Need to put together an effort to stuff the ballot box for Rupert.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:54 am
Survivor Ebay Auction

Quote:
Auction of show memorabilia to benefit
the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation

Contestants on Survivor: All-Stars had to outwit, outplay and oulast fellow castaways, but for you to share in the action, the challenge is simple...outbid fellow fans! Following the West Coast airing of Survivor: All-Stars The Reunion on May 9 log onto eBay (www.ebay.com/survivor) the World's Online Marketplace to make the winning bid and become the lucky owner of priceless keepsakes from Survivor: All-Stars. The charity auction will run on eBay from Sunday, May 9 through Saturday, May 23, with new items offered daily from May 9th-13th. All proceeds will benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

Help support the Foundation as we work to make children around the world the ultimate survivors!
Link
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 04:28 am
Wore out my little fat fingers voting for Rupert...

The only honest survivor

The hardest working

and

not the brightest star

(you can't build a jungle hut underground. Rolling Eyes )

as close to a human as any on the beach.

Joe
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:02 am
I missed the very end of the show. Did they announce a Survivor IX?

Now that they've done the all-stars, what would you think about having a Survivor LOSER reunion season, with tribes comprised just of people that were the first or second or third person voted out?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:15 am
They are going to have yet another show - this Thursday. What they are doing is allowing the viewing audience to vote on who we think deserves to win. The winner of the votes is revealed on Thursday and receives $1 million. On this show they plan to announce the location of the next survivor. They are accepting applications for this next survivor.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 10:22 am
I heard about a possible "second chance Survivor", composed of people who "deserve a second chance." Who would you pick? Some thoughts:

Gretchen - Borneo
Gervase - Borneo
Mike Skupin - Outback
Kel - Outback
Paschal - Marquesas
Hunter - Marquesas
John - Thailand
T-bird - Africa
Frank - Africa
Andrew - Pearl Islands
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 10:24 am
My typically female thoughts on All Star Survivor last episode and finale:

Yes, I voted 2x for Rupert (once at home and once at work). Hope he wins!! Wouldn't be surprised if he did.

My thoughts:

Rob -- deserved to win over Amber. He won all those immunity challenges and was totally focused. I don't agree with what he did to the others, but he was the mastermind behind the plan and should have been rewarded.

Amber -- she won b/c three people voted against Rob. Shii Ann was the only person who voted "for" Amber. Didn't like hair and makeup at the reunion -- Amber is a natural beauty and it took away from her, made her look cheap. Of course, that makes her go better with Rob. LOL

Jenna -- looked gorgeous at the reunion, really showed class on the jury and with her vote, but then again, she was the third person!

Rupert -- love him but I think everyone knew they couldn't beat him in the final two.

Tom -- Don't blame him for being bitter but he needs to get over it.

Shii Ann -- classiest one out there on the jury, true sportsmanship. She cleaned up quite nice, too. Glad Amber gave her the car.

Kathy -- her response is exactly what I expected at TC, I don't hold it against her. She operates with her heart. Would have loved to see her win.

Lex -- I totally disagree that he did the same thing to Ethan and Colby that Rob did to him. Rob made him vulnerable when he did not have to. Lex never had an alliance with E and C. Blue hair looks better than the mohawk..lol..

Alicia -- Her speech was what I expected as well. Don't blame her for being mad at them after what they said about her but she didn't play a very good game and was lucky she made it as far as she did.

Jenna Morasca has ruined her hair. It looks worse than Ethan's! What was she thinking? She had lovely dark hair.

Jerri is a lot more sensitive and vulnerable than I thought. I am one of the few people who has always liked her, though.

And "Sean on the horse" should have been a choice in favorite Survivor moments. It was at first, but they removed it, along with him and Pascal in their "From Here to Eternity" scene. wonder why?

This season was disappointing but I know myself well enough to know I can't stay away.

And that's all I have to say about that.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 11:42 am
I agree with you about Rob deserving to win. As much as he was mean and rude to others, they all fell for it and hey he outwitting them. Everyone was saying you cannot trust anyone in this game. One of things about Amber winning over Rob though is part of the game. Jeff described this as a game, but one where people's feelings are involved and that is where Rob lost. Amber had a strategy and it caused her to win. She used Rob in order to make him look like the bad guy and it worked. You may not respect such a strategy, but it was what eventually led her to win. Johnny Fairplay used people feelings most effectively when lying about his grandmother which allowed him to win a reward challenge.

I thought Jenna did look great, but on the reunion show she said a few things without thinking, like I did not have any work done.

As far as Shii Ann I was quite impressed. What she said by saying those in glass houses shows she can be a good sport and completely understands that ultimately you are playing a game. And I am not a Shii Ann fan - she changed my opinion.

Lex pulled a Sue from the first survivor. His bitterness just showed through. Richard explained it best when he said that it is all part of the game - it is the degree. Also, Lex did similar to Jerri as he had an alliance with her and then voted her off over Amber. Similar broken alliances have happened in all survivors. And as Kathy said they had other reasons to keep Amber, not just an agreement with Rob. Also look at Jenna voting off Rupert and nobody seems upset at her.

Alicia is just another bitter person. She got outwitted and outplayed and she is mad.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 05:44 pm
Damn, browneyedgirl, you got some memory! Who else remembers poor Frank from the Africa show? wow.

I have always rooted for Alicia, wished that she could find some way to connect with all those poor out of shape buggers around her, the dumber ones, which were more numerous, and the smarter ones. who saw her as the deepest threat. She could never hide the immensness of her power.
She said she held back on the reward challenges, Rolling Eyes , bad move, everyone knew how great she could be, she should have used that power, but she didn't.....

Vote for Rupert!
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 12:15 pm
I think we're mostly agreed that Rupert will get the money tonight. Who among the all-stars would come in second? Who would you vote for last (excluding Amber & Boston Rob)?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 12:16 pm
Watch tonight!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 12:57 pm
I think Rob is running a close second from what I have read. Besides Rob, I would say maybe Kathy or Shii Ann. As in last I would give it to Lex or Alicia. I really do not like bad losers.
0 Replies