SURVIVOR ALL-STARS

husker

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:04 pm
PANAMA. Eighteen castaways, including four champions and some of the series' best personalities, will be stranded once again to compete for the million-dollar prize. Who will outwit, outplay, and outlast all others?
PREMIERES SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1, AFTER SUPER BOWL XXXVIII

ALL-STARS ON CBS

Get your opinions and predictions in now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,251 • Replies: 185
No top replies

husker

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:05 pm
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/survivor8/show/episode00/photos/main_pic_hm.jpg
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:07 pm
I really did like the Rudy
Maybe there's something going with the "R" names

TRIBAL TIDBITS
The average Survivor age from the first 7 seasons is 34; the average Sole Survivor age is 32. The greatest deviation from these figures is SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON's Jenna Morasca, who, at 21, was 11 years younger than the average for that season.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 07:13 pm
reality shows have lost any credibility with me. I never knew how staged for fotos survivor actually was.
the rest of them are just t/A shows with hotties with really low IQs. my kids like many of them. Some of the premises are getting so silly.
No I will not be watching. anyway, if the EAgles win" it," I might break my 12 year sobriety and go into Philly and party with some felon friends.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:36 pm
Hmmmm...

OK, to start with, the list of winners so far:

Richard
Tina
Ethan
Vecepia
Brian
Jenna
Sandra

Preliminary prediction -- Rob C.

I think this one is going to shape up to be a battle of the villains. Everyone has seen everyone else at work, they can't do some innocent act. There has already been a tendency in previous shows to approvingly say, "Well, he sure played the game", even when the person in question is a schmuck.

Either that or Colby, since it was purely due to his niceness that he didn't win the first time around. If he AND Tina both get a mil, that would feel karmically correct.

Purely demographically, which is what has worked for me before, I'd have to go with Rudy. He's an old guy (Richard was the last oldish guy, not a genuine old guy), he's nice (Jenna was evil), and he's a guy (guy-girl-guy-girl-guy-girl-girl-?).

In other words, I don't really have a clue. Very Happy I'll think about it more. (I want to go three for three!!) For now I think I will go with -- Rudy and at least 2 villains (Rob and Richard, Rob and Jerri, etc.) in the final 4. Rudy wins.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 01:26 am
Soz - I like that
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 09:12 am
I just thought of a demographic boost to my original idea of Rob C., though -- Jewish. I don't think any of the previous winners were Jewish.

Fairly confident those two (Rudy, Rob) will be in the final 4, can't decide yet who I think will win. The evil-good-evil-good pattern is pointing towards an evil winner. (I had forgotten Sandra when I wrote "Jenna was evil." above.)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 10:15 am
I've never sen a reality show...I think they're stupid....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 02:39 pm
Ah...I cant wait to see it Smile

gonna just let soz do her usual magic with the predicitions and say..yeah, probably.

It will be an interesting twist on it and should at least be entertaining to watch.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 12:26 am
It could Rupert -- they didn't seem him play. His game was going on while they were filming.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 10:01 am
They have to figure he's there for a reason, tho...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 10:23 am
BRING BACK OSTEN!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 10:25 am
I know! I was all sure he would be on the All-Stars. Seriously!

Have you seen him yet? I forget.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:00 am
Yes, I saw him when he got back, they had some Survivor party at a bar here for him.

Guess a little while ago he was walking through the Prudential Center(big building in Boston right near his work), and a black girl started yelling at him "I know you! I know you! Who do you think you are! Representing us like that!!" He tried playing it off like she had the wrong guy, but she kept yelling at him.

That's funny...but I think he digs the attention anyway.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:02 am
Ha!
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 12:29 pm
Sozobe,
Which team do you think will win the first imunity and which team will lose and who will they vote off?

On the website they have Richard and Jerri as the two that might go-but those are too easy. Plus they are strong and good to keep until the right time for them to go.

I think Jenna will go first. She has already won, she is weak and she is usless in all respects. But if she does happen to stay when she meets rob again in the merg - if there is one - she will go. She is one I know cann't win again. He will make sure. And he is smart enough to do so.

Which is funny that they put both Robs on the same team. Their little sceeming. It is awesome.

But the way they set up the teams there is always an odd one out. Amber is odd one out, Jenna is the odd one out and Jenna is the odd one out.

I think it funny that they have four from the Ausltralian outback and two happen to be on the same team. Amber and Alica. Wonder why?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:37 am
5 days and counting!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:38 am
Have you seen the commericals with Rudy!! sweet
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:41 am
Bio for Rudy
Quote:
Since finishing in third place on SURVIVOR: PULAU TIGA, Rudy Boesch and his wife of 48 years, Marge, have traveled the world making all sorts of appearances.

Rudy joined the Navy in April of 1945 and immediately volunteered for "secret and hazardous duty" with the Amphibious Scouts and Raiders, highly classified naval commando units. In 1951, six years after Scout and Raider training in Fort Pierce, Florida, Rudy completed UDT (Underwater Demolition Teams) training in Little Creek, Virginia, and was assigned to UDT-2 (redesigned as UDT-21 in 1953). He remained in UDT-21 for the next 11 years. During this period, he completed numerous specialized schools and was deployed routinely to the Mediterranean and Caribbean areas with the Naval Amphibious Forces. He became a proficient combat swimmer and expert in small-boat operations. In 1962, he was one of the 50 hand-selected officers of the original SEAL (Sea-Air-Land) Team TWO, becoming one of their most distinguished members.

In 1967, Rudy was advanced to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer and, between combat tours, served as the senior enlisted position of Command Master Chief. From 1968-1970, Rudy completed two combat deployments to Vietnam. Among the numerous awards he won the Bronze Star Medal for heroic action during more than 45 combat operations. During and after his stint in Vietnam, Rudy was delegated the "Chief SEAL" and set physical and operational standards at SEAL Team TWO.

In the late 1980s, Rudy became the Naval Special Warfare Community "Bull Frog," a distinguishing award presented to the SEAL serving the longest time on active duty. Instead of retiring, Rudy was selected as the Senior Enlisted Advisor to USSOCOM. In August of 1988, Rudy headed to Tampa, Florida and entered into the "inner circle" of the Special Operations Command to advise on all enlisted matters of the Joint command. For his extraordinary performance, Rudy was awarded the Defense Superior Service Medal, an award not often given to an enlisted man.

Master Chief Rudy retired from the U.S. Navy after completing more than 45 years of continuous activity. He was honorably discharged on August 1, 1990. He and Marge have since been involved in extensive volunteer work. In 1992, he captained a 38' power boat during the "Americas Cup 1992" event. In 1996, he captained a support boat at the Summer Olympic Games. He continues as a Red Cross Volunteer and drives support vehicles and performs essential services during disaster-relief operations. He is also a volunteer for the Virginia Beach Police Department. Involved with many organizations, Rudy is a founding member of the UDT-SEAL Association and a founding member of the Association's Board of Directors, having once served as their President. He is also on the Board of Directors of the Special Operations Fund.

Rudy and Marge have three children: Ellen Marie, Patricia Ann and Barbara Jean, and one granddaughter, Kelsey. They reside permanently in Virginia Beach, Virginia. His birth date is January 20, 1928.

Bio for Rupert
Quote:
Since finishing eighth on SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, Rupert Boneham has been preparing for his second chance to become the Sole Survivor.

Born in Detroit, Rupert moved with his parents at a young age to Indiana where he eventually attended Haworth High School in Kokomo. He then moved to Texas to study nursing at Cisco Junior College and San Angelo University. He currently resides in Indianapolis, where he works as a vocational and clinical mentor for troubled teens. He also drives camera trucks for college football during the season. He previously worked as a gravedigger and a bartender. His hobbies include scuba diving, camping and coin collecting. His favorite sport is racquetball. He describes himself as strong, smart and brave. He is proudest of becoming independent/self-employed and being able to care for his family while not having to live in the nine-to-five world.

Bio for Colby
Quote:
After his success on SURVIVOR: THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK, Colby Donaldson moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting. He has guest starred on "Reba" and "Just Shoot Me." He can soon be seen in "Curb Your Enthusiasm." He is also the face of the very popular Schick commercials. In addition to acting, Colby enjoys outdoor sports and spending time with friends.

Originally from Christoval, Texas, Colby was a successful, self-employed custom auto designer and builder living in Dallas before he was cast on SURVIVOR. He graduated from Texas Tech University with a degree in business marketing.

Colby's birth date is April 1, 1974.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 05:27 pm
I havent seen all the Survivors so, Im not sure Iknow all these people but, im excited to see this one anyway.

Can someone call me when the SB is over to let me know to watch it??
LOL
0 Replies