SURVIVOR ALL-STARS

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 12:57 pm
Or perhaps Sue as she "quit".
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 10:07 pm
Rupert Boneham
NEW YORK - Rupert Boneham, the bushy-bearded giant from Indianapolis who was an audience favorite during the last two "Survivor" games, won a $1 million consolation prize during a special edition of the CBS game on Thursday

CBS said 38 million people cast votes for the second $1 million winner, a gimmick that brought an "American Idol" flavor to the long-running game. Host Jeff Probst even called it "America's Tribal Council."

The "Survivor All-Stars" finale on Sunday was seen by just under 25 million people, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Three other men were the top vote-getters behind Boneham: Tom Buchanan, the jolly drawler from Virginia; Colby Donaldson, the hunk from Texas; and "Boston Rob" Mariano, the runner-up during "Survivor: All-Stars" to his fiancee, Amber Brkich.

For the investment of a $1 million prize, CBS got one more hour of "Survivor"-related programming during a ratings "sweeps" month, and is likely to earn more in advertising profits than it spent.

Mariano and Brkich, the final two contestants on Sunday who became engaged during the finale, said a network _ they didn't reveal which one _ had already talked to them about televising their wedding.

Would they be interested?

"If the price is right," Mariano said.

Viewers voted his fiancee the sexiest "Survivor." Donaldson was deemed the hottest male.

Link
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 04:08 am
Why is it that I don't give a ratass if I ever hear or see another mention of Rob and Amber? He's an amoral gasbag and so is she, except less gas and much less bag. They haven't a clue about what either is like in real life, so much luck to them both, but please don't notify me of any news about them. Any.

Joe
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 10:07 am
No surprise that Rupert won. Did anyone watch last night? I didn't.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 07:02 pm
I almost lost my dinner when I saw that Boston Rob was in the running for the extra million, but then my wish came true for Rupert.

Joe
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 07:10 am
Our big furry guy got 85% of the votes - yay!
0 Replies