I miss these things.

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 04:30 pm
@GracieGirl,
It doesn't take long to find the nut cases here, does it, Gracie? :-)
GracieGirl

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 04:59 pm
@CalamityJane,
Unfortunately...

Haha! Very Happy
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 08:05 am
@GracieGirl,
Waddya using ignore for, Gracie. You can slice and dice 'em as well as anyone here. Smile
GracieGirl

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 08:07 pm
@JTT,
Haha! I sure can, huh? Cool

Those jerks are annoying. I'd rather just ignore...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 03:12 am
@samyboy27,
samyboy27 wrote:

its funny.....i am cool Smile

As cool as a bucket of **** in the deep freeze.
Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 03:06 am
@samyboy27,
Before trying rudimentary rhyming you could try learning to construct a basic phrase. It might be an idea to master the spelling of three letter words if that's not too much to ask.

samyboy27

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:06 pm
@izzythepush,
its to,you only use too if its the last word of a sentence
so learn your ELA rules bitch
JTT

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:09 pm
@samyboy27,
Quote:

Well, that's not true, Samy. It's better just to admit that you were wrong than to show yourself to be a fool.

I think that there's a saying that covers that.

What are "ELS rules"?
Below viewing threshold (view)
samyboy27

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:21 pm
@samyboy27,
how do you do a qoute????????
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:33 pm
@samyboy27,
Yes, you're right about the ELA - I made a typo. Is ELA something you study in elementary school, middle school or high school?

But you're mistaken in your assumption that 'too' only comes at the end of a sentence. In addition to a meaning like 'also, 'too' is also an intensifier, for example,

That's too high/too expensive/too complicated/... .

In your initial example you failed to use 'too' the intensifier, where it was needed.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 04:54 pm
I miss Puerto Rico. When Morgan and I both have the time I'm taking him there for a visit. It's really a beautiful place.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:08 pm
@samyboy27,
samyboy27 wrote:

I thought you were stupid, now I know you're a complete moron.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:21 pm
@firefly,
Yeah, re your post.

We had Woolworth's in Santa Monica on 3rd Street. Woolworth's and Pennys and at the far end, a bit off the street line, Sears. Ww's was the go to place for where to buy material to make a skirt, and so on.

Sigh.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds, Third Street is rather famous now, as the Santa Monica Promenade. I knew it, as mentioned, before that, from childhood. A work friend and her husband (now there's a story - she was from Vietnam, maybe 4'10", very stylish, and he was something like 6'4" american, each one brighter than all get out) later lived in one of the small tacky-by-definition apartments over the stores on Third Street... before the street got malled. Oddly, this kind of thing, apartments over stores, is what urban planners (of which I am one, by license) have creamed about for several years now.

I miss that old street and those two friends. I know she got a PhD from Cal Tech, but don't know what happened with him.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 01:20 am
@ossobuco,
We had Woolworth's in most high streets until very recently when the chain went bust. They still trade on line though.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 01:44 am
I miss the pizza from my hometown, I have lived all over the place but it is very rare that I can find a good pizza. Munich was the worst, a very salty crust and olives that still had their pits...and corn! I mean WTF?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 02:17 am
@hawkeye10,
Did you have no choice over toppings in Munich? The best pizza dough recipe I've found so far is Jamie Oliver's, he uses 1 part semolina to 4 parts flour.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 02:25 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Did you have no choice over toppings in Munich? The best pizza dough recipe I've found so far is Jamie Oliver's, he uses 1 part semolina to 4 parts flour.
Sure, but not the crust, and I like to try what the locals are eating. It was not all negative, that was the first place I got pepperoncini on my pizza, which I really love.

I used to like Oliver a lot, but now that he is on his healthy eating crusade I refuse to support him by watching his shows or buying his books. Healthy opinions are fine, trying to create mandated healthy eating anywhere, even in schools, I can not support.