samyboy27

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 09:21 pm
@GracieGirl,
its all a bunch of hooha
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 09:44 pm
@Roberta,
A lot of stores were called the five and dime, and yeah, i was in Woolworth's more than once. As a kid, waitin' on the grown ups to do all that dumb, boring shopping stuff, i would wander around and goof on all the weirdo stuff the sold.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 07:01 am
@Roberta,
I loved Woolworth's--the 5 and 10.
As I kid, it was one of my favorite places. They had all these cheap small toys and things like doll house furniture, that I always loved looking at and fondling, and I also remember them selling loose cookies individually. So, if I was lucky, and probably if my mother had a little extra money, I got a cookie and maybe a little toy on our visits. As a young teen, I remember buying my first lipsticks there and having sodas and sandwiches at their food counter with my best friend on one of our weekly outings. And, as an adult, it was the one nearby place I could run into and easily find the exact color thread I needed to do a hem, or some small kitchen item I needed, or a curtain rod, or a package of buttons, or a zillion other things, all under one roof and all arranged for easy browsing.
There were other 5 and 10's--like Grants--but Woolworth's was always my favorite. I do miss it.
Now, to find some simple item, like the right color thread, I've got to travel to a fabric store (if I can even find one of those any more), or to a very crowded large crafts store, drive around until I can find a parking spot, and then stand on long check-out lines, and it becomes such a hassle it's often not worth the time and effort.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 07:30 am
@firefly,
OmSigDave misses his friends, but then he reloads.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 12:09 pm
@izzythepush,
...who supply´s him with the bloody ammo ? Laughing
Ceili

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 12:43 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Who needs friends, when ammo's cheaper and easier to find..
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 12:58 pm
@Ceili,
Yeah, but Dave uses more than the Libyan Revolution.
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 01:37 pm
Quote:
I miss these things.

Getting a good night's sleep.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 03:02 pm
@izzythepush,
To each his own, as they say.

Dave's okay. Smile
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 06:32 pm
@BDV,
i made this post
Quote:
i miss good drugs
and now i get personally abusive messages, WTF?????????????????? What type of people r yous?
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 07:09 pm
@BDV,
really? From woh?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 08:05 pm
@BDV,
Yeah! What messages? Confused
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 08:12 pm
@BDV,
BDV wrote:
now i get personally abusive messages, WTF?????????????????? What type of people r yous?

sounds like the type of people we don't need around here
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 05:05 pm
@GracieGirl,
I miss my once-in-a-lifetime friend, who died two years ago. We became best friends when we were 14 years old. I hope you will have a friend like this, Gracie. Such a friendship is a gift from the Universe
BDV

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 06:23 pm
@BDV,
To "samyboy27" i don't induldge in crack, and never have and i doubt that gay people require crack either, you should keep your personal opinions to yourself or at least have the balls to publically discuss it. Top tips:

1- Gay people are not the only users of drugs
2- Crack is only one of many many drugs that are available both legally and otherwise
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 06:30 pm
Wonder if Gracie got caught with that smart phone in class. Haven't seen her in awhile.
samyboy27

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:27 pm
@BDV,
LMAO I SENT that message by accident lol
samyboy27

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:28 pm
@samyboy27,
it wasnt to you MY BAD
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:48 pm
@samyboy27,
lol, i had a few accidents and now i have 3 kids!!! dont b abusive in messages.... b more an adult than a child, don't worry i'll not complain about your narrow minded childish behaviour, i'm abit more grown up than u...
samyboy27

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:53 pm
@BDV,
dude im 15 CHILL
0 Replies