Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 01:02 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I thought that there could be that possibility of you not being that perfect moral teacher

Sure!, But does this mean that you "believe" this man does not have the possibility of not being a perfect moral teacher, also??

Quote:
and it seems that it could sharpen your knowledge on the subject.

Link me to it, I will read it....If it is a personal thing, I decline for personal reasons....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 01:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
And if you want my answers to those questions, then ask me, and I will explain them for you....
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 02:39 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Dr. Katz has helped a lot of people with their dietry requirements.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 03:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Sure!, But does this mean that you "believe" this man does not have the possibility of not being a perfect moral teacher, also??

Lets try approaching this humbly, intellectually honest and with a little bit of logic.

Everyone makes mistakes but it does seem that the more experience a person has acquired over time, the more informed they become on any given subject.
This man may have already received a PHD before your daddy was out of training pants so that makes me think that he may have had more than twice as long as you have been alive to become familiar with ethics.

I gave you his name and he is easy to find online, "like I told Spendius but most people that I have come into contact with think they have all the morals they need so I do not expect you to be any different Ryan.

http://wikibin.org/articles/marvin-charles-katz.html
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 07:00 pm
http://wadeharvey.myqol.com/wadeharvey/PDFs/Aspects%20of%20Ethics%20.pdf
0 Replies

Tapout89

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 01:03 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
I thought that there could be that possibility of you not being that perfect moral teacher

Quote:
and it seems that it could sharpen your knowledge on the subject.

Link me to it, I will read it....If it is a personal thing, I decline for personal reasons....
It seems to me that you might be a fan of presuppositional apologetics?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 08:48 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
All I have is a diabetic dog.

You must be referring to how many pets you have because certainly you have more in life than a diabetic dog.
It is good to see that I am not alone at helping to save the lives of animals.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 09:26 am
@reasoning logic,
That did not answer my question....Sure I could use some moral teachings as we all could....Does this man think in anyway his moral teachings could be wrong? If he does not think it, and does not say it....I am not interested in reading it...

Anyone can claim anything, if they do not admit where they could be wrong, and why....Then there is no reason for me to believe this mans ethics are better than mine, regardless of his age....

Nor does he have to listen to mine...

So I still do not understand why I need to hear this guys ethics over what I believe, and how that will "sharpen me" Age alone, or a PHD...Isn't either...

If you explain to me, how so? I will read it...

It seems you think it will, because you like his ethics...

But that does not mean, that they will apply to me....

Nor, I will like them, either....

What "in you" "thinks" that "what in me" "needs" to hear this??

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:01 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Quote:
Does this man think in anyway his moral teachings could be wrong? If he does not think it, and does not say it....I am not interested in reading it...

This person has devoted his life to ethics and shares his info for free.

If you would have at least read the preface of this link "pages 3-5" you might have found the answer to that question.

http://wadeharvey.myqol.com/wadeharvey/PDFs/Aspects%20of%20Ethics%20.pdf

Quote:
So I still do not understand why I need to hear this guys ethics over what I believe, and how that will "sharpen me" Age alone, or a PHD...Isn't either...

If you explain to me, how so? I will read it...

Imagine a 5 year old child making this same statement to you, it is not that the five year old is stupid its just that he does not have the experience that you have acquired.

Quote:
What "in you" "thinks" that "what in me" "needs" to hear this??

It is by your questions alone that makes me think you will find value in what he has to say. " unless you are not the person you come across as being.
From my observation you seem to have an interest in morality. Even though you do enjoy seeing what you call signs from God I do not think that you are one of those who seek after signs.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:19 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Sounds like a lot of religious leaders. Why is this guy any different?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:30 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Sounds like a lot of religious leaders.

I agree with you 100%

Quote:
Why is this guy any different?

He seems to apply the scientific method to his work and he is always open to better ways if someone can show a better way.

It would be best if you read his work for yourself and come to your own conclusion. I will admit that his work may seem very dull to many of us because we have never been shown that learning ethics could be fun. "Its kind of like physics being fun.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:45 am
@Tapout89,
Quote:
It seems to me that you might be a fan of presuppositional apologetics?

If that is what you call me saying things like, I am sorry, of if God is real, I may be wrong etc....As taking a middle ground, or being peacefully in the middle to not offend people, When I say and make my points as well as discuss there's....Then yes!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:49 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I agree with you 100%

If you agree, Do you believe that religious, or this man is wrong in what he does??

Anyways, I am on my way out for a bit....

I promise I will read it anyways....You have drawn so much attention to it....I honestly want to read what he says....

I will give my opinions to you after I read them....

And thanks for this! Wink Wink Wink

Quote:
It is by your questions alone that makes me think you will find value in what he has to say. " unless you are not the person you come across as being.
From my observation you seem to have an interest in morality. Even though you do enjoy seeing what you call signs from God I do not think that you are one of those who seek after signs.

I take this as a compliment!! Very Happy Very Happy

That is one of the reasons, in return, Why I am gonna read it! 2 Cents
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If you agree, Do you believe that religious, or this man is wrong in what he does??

Teaching morality is a good thing in my opinion but when you teach it as an absolute without any science or logic to back it up, I have to say that your teaching may need to be questioned but then again, "All" teachings should be questioned but many people do not want to question their deeply held beliefs.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:09 am
@Tapout89,
http://able2know.org/topic/176688-226#post-4974454

If that is what you call me saying things like, I am sorry, of if God is real, I may be wrong etc....As taking a middle ground, or being peacefully in the middle to not offend people, When I say and make my points as well as discuss there's....Then yes!

But in any event, looking at your name...It seems you are new here...I don't know how long you have followed this thread, or if you are just new under this name....I have said those things in the past, but your quote suggest nothing about me doing any kind of presuperstitional apologetic's in them...That is the reason why I think you got the votes down....

My post that you quoted was Directly asking Logic, why he thought I needed to hear another's view of morality and ethics....So I was asking him why?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:12 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Teaching morality is a good thing in my opinion but when you teach it as an absolute without any science or logic to back it up, I have to say that your teaching may need to be questioned but then again, "All" teachings should be questioned but many people do not want to question their deeply held beliefs.

So then, how do you agree that it sounds 100% as religious?? It does not to me....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:21 am
@reasoning logic,
If I read that link....Will you read the link I posted way back, and will post again, about a scientist, physicist, Metaphysics, etc....Explaining how Science can explain a God??

His name is Farther Robert J. Spitzer....

And his book is called New proof of the existence of a God, Will you read it??

Or parts that I quote??
spendius

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:26 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Do you not realise Spade that rl's post is meaningless.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:29 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

Sounds like a lot of religious leaders. Why is this guy any different?

Quote:

So then, how do you agree that it sounds 100% as religious

Izzy made a claim that my statement was similar to religious leaders who have devoted their life to the church and share their info for free. I agreed 100% Do you not agree?

Many people paint pictures but they do not all do it the same way.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:31 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

So then, how do you agree that it sounds 100% as religious?? It does not to me....

Does he, or does he not do this??

Quote:
Izzy made a claim that my statement was similar to religious leaders who have devoted their life to the church and share their info for free. I agreed 100% Do you not agree?

Many people paint pictures but they do not all do it the same way.

No, I don't agree, if it is different, it is different, if it is the same, then it is the same....

If this guy does the same as most religious do "as you claim" then it is not worth reading??....If he does different, as I quoted above, then it is worth reading?? (you claim)

If they are similar like you and he said, then it is no different, and like Spendi said, it makes no difference if I read it or not....
0 Replies