Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 08:21 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Please do not go...You can if you would like too....But it will get back on topic....Spats like these happen every so often and are unavoidable....I value your input....And things we'll get back to philosophical discussions again.....

What would you like to talk about? What would you like to discuss??
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 08:48 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Ahhhhhh, that was me just going pftttttttttttttttt over it all last night, I'm not going anywhere.. Just not contributing to any of that, not that it's any of my business anyways...

Um, where have you been? haha.. That's a good start hey Spades Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:16 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Just been away a bit! But I will always be here! Even if I am silent, I will always be watching too!

I am glad your not going!

How is Dutchy?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 09:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That's scary, you be watching me? Just kidding.

View the yabber line thread, it's up - to date in short, he's finally come home after a month in hospital and is doing better each day ...

It was seriously, strange and FANTASTIC to see DUTCHY in my in-box saying he's home etc, this morn... Has so many people to catch up with and reply to bless him.

Oh, and I mean that last bit Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 10:10 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Wink Wink Wink

You too!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 12:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.All I was eluding too was the fact that you called a Prophet a Profit, that's it...

You had me wondering there because I thought that you may have been eluding my questions pertaining to moral philosophy and rankism. Shocked
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 01:17 am
@reasoning logic,
No, But we can discuss them, and get this thread back into philosophical things...

What is your Moral philosophy? What keeps you doing it, or "in check"? And why do you believe that Prophets could/could not exist?? How do they (Prophets, Prophetess) show rankism?

How does a Prophet show rankism? How (if they do) is there any other way, then them telling the truth about it? Rather than showing rankism?

Can you think of another way? What is it?

Could they not be showing "rankism" but speaking truth?

Do you believe "rankism" is a bias way to call a prophetic gift, as someone putting others down, rather than speaking truth? Why or why not?

Again, Can you think of another way?

Do you believe I am showing rankism? If so, How? What other way would you suggest?

If not, what do you ultimately mean by it??
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 01:48 am
@reasoning logic,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-fuller/what-is-rankism-and-why-d_b_465940.html

Read the top ten things it lists...I know the list goes on...

You may think a prophet, prophetess self-glorify, or are an idolater...But they do not exhibit "rankism"

least, I do not think so, I have never seen it, nor would I say I do any of those things...When I am "asked" about "myself"....and answer what I "believe" is "truth"
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 02:18 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I am not sure if there have been many men who have experienced the phenomenon that you have experienced.

"Men are like carrots: cheap and plentiful and easily cooked."

Professor Germaine Greer.

"All I ever felt was a little, local irritation."

Ms Julie Burchill.

There's a cottage industry on the matter rl. Where've you been? Addicted to misogyny are you?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 02:53 am
@reasoning logic,
.All I was eluding too was the fact that you called a Prophet a Profit, that's it...

Quote:
You had me wondering there because I thought that you may have been eluding my questions pertaining to moral philosophy and rankism.

Sorry, I was not dissing you for grammar or anything, I know mine is not even close to the best at times...

.All I was "alluding" to, was the fact, that you called a Prophet a Profit, that's it...

And I do not feel you were dissing me....

Since, I take it you were joking? I was not dodging your questions....

So, Do you care to discuss my questions now? Or not?

If you think I dodged them, please post again, and I will answer them....Or give my opinions....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 03:42 am
Since someone so charmingly voted, Mine, Spendius, and Logic's post down....

I will start again....

Logic, Please post your questions again, If you want, and I will give my opinions, if you want them...

I am sorry if you got offended by me correcting the word Profit, for Prophet....

I was not trying to dis you...The word kept sticking out like a sore thumb to me....

I am sorry if you felt I was acting hypocritical there....

I took no offense, for your joke...And do not believe you were dissing me...

If you would like to discuss my questions, even though I jumped the gun, I am game....

If you would like me to pose new ones, I am game also....

???
spendius

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 06:16 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If you would like me to pose new ones, I am game also....

Are you ready to take your conduit to the Almighty onto the national stage?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:23 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Logic, Please post your questions again, If you want, and I will give my opinions, if you want them...

1 I know how busy you can get at times but I was curious what you thought about the link I shared with you pertaining to rankism??

The link was not directed at you suggesting that you behaved rankly but rather, I was asking you if you could possibly find value in what the 80 + year old man had to say. Please take a few moments and reread it entirely as a positive thing and not a negative thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-fuller/what-is-rankism-and-why-d_b_465940.html?view=print

2 Have you considered studying moral philosophy? I know of a very smart professor who studies and teaches ethics and I am sure he would be more than willing to help you out.

Quote:

I am sorry if you got offended by me correcting the word Profit, for Prophet

I was not offended by your correction and I hope that you are not offended by me not being able to believe that you are a prophet. It has nothing to do with you personally but I do not believe in Gods and there is no logical way that I can see which would allow prophets to exist without Gods. That is why I think there is still hope in you being profitable "A Profit" to other people if you can share truth with them.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 04:31 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

Are you ready to take your conduit to the Almighty onto the national stage?

Is that how you do it? It looks like Ryan is taking this global instead of just national from my observation.
spendius

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 05:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I know of a very smart professor who studies and teaches ethics and I am sure he would be more than willing to help you out.

What is his ethical view on him earning a lot more than those nurses and doctors working in various parts of Africa, having better living and working conditions and being seen as a more important person due to having become a professor through some wheeler-dealing we don't usually mention at academic cocktail parties?

Are you a fundie rankist rl? By which I mean does your logical reasoning go all skittering off into into worship territory when you contemplate the symbol "professor" and consume the big words normally associated with professorships.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 06:04 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
What is his ethical view on him earning a lot more than those nurses and doctors working in various parts of Africa, having better living and working conditions and being seen as a more important person due to having become a professor through some wheeler-dealing we don't usually mention at academic cocktail parties?

If you truly had an interest in knowing that or if you had an interest in ethics I am sure you could ask him yourself, he is not hard to find.

Marvin Charles Katz is a philosopher, teacher and writer. His primary field of study is scientific axiology (Value Science) and its empirical applications. Katz has been a life-long advocate for peace and for demonstrating that ethics has a scientific foundation. He was a student of Robert S. Hartman. Katz agreed with Hartman that peace could be brought into the world by demonstrating the scientific connection between facts and values.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:44 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
2 Have you considered studying moral philosophy? I know of a very smart professor who studies and teaches ethics and I am sure he would be more than willing to help you out.

What makes you "believe" that I would "need" to do this?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:50 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Marvin Charles Katz is a philosopher, teacher and writer. His primary field of study is scientific axiology (Value Science) and its empirical applications. Katz has been a life-long advocate for peace and for demonstrating that ethics has a scientific foundation. He was a student of Robert S. Hartman. Katz agreed with Hartman that peace could be brought into the world by demonstrating the scientific connection between facts and values.

Interesting, But I am MORE interested in what they both say....If their theory's are wrong? Not right....

That is a telling sign of genuineness, and validity to me....

Otherwise, anyone can claim 1,000 things, and if one comes true, They can say, I told you so.....

Link me to what he actually says, I will read it....If it is a personal thing, I am sorry, I am not interested....

For personal reasons....
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:52 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

What makes you "believe" that I would "need" to do this?

I thought that there could be that possibility of you not being that perfect moral teacher and it seems that it could sharpen your knowledge on the subject.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:57 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
It looks like Ryan is taking this global instead of just national from my observation.

Wink Wink Wink Thanks mate! Well said!
0 Replies