Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Quote:
If I read that link....Will you read the link I posted way back, and will post again, about a scientist, physicist, Metaphysics, etc....Explaining how Science can explain a God??

Sure I would enjoy seeing how Science can explain a God. Could you provide a link and the peer review of the science that is used to explain God and also any parts that you think are most important?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:39 am
@reasoning logic,
If I read it, Will you read a link, I post, about Robert J. Spitzer??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:44 am
@reasoning logic,
I am on my way out right about now, But I will link it later....

If you go to search, and type in Robert J. Spitzer, and my name, you will find the post...If you want to check it out that bad....

Sorry, but I got to run right now...I stayed as long as I could....But I got to go now....

Talk to you'll later! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
It would be best if you read his work for yourself and come to your own conclusion.

I'm sorry RL but I'm not going to read something based solely on your recommendation, especially in light of what you've recommended in the past.

If this guy really is worth consideration, you should be able to say why. You don't do that, you do what you always do with whatever new bit of informations seems tickle your fancy. You bat it into the long grass and say, 'Just read/watch it.'

Anyone can say that about anything. I could tell you to read the complete Wisden's almanacs from 1864 to date, and come to your own conclusions. It sorta makes figures and cricket fun, like physics.

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy if you had an interest in ethics you would not need me to make an ethicist sound interesting just as you do not need me to make football appear interesting. Your interests are what they are.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
If I wanted you to watch a Saints game, I would be able to give you some good reasons for doing so. I wouldn't just say 'Watch it, and come to your own conclusions.'

The difference is, you want people to read books/watch videos, but you won't give any reasons why. Until you do, there's no reason why anyone should watch anything you post. I'm amazed you still manage to sucker people into watching anything.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If I wanted you to watch a Saints game, I would be able to give you some good reasons for doing so.

I am not a sports fan so how would your reasons seem good to me?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
You're misreading me, I said if, I wanted you to watch a Saints match. I don't want you to watch a match. The reasons that I would give, would be fantastically brilliant reasons, but you probably wouldn't appreciate them.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 01:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The reasons that I would give, would be fantastically brilliant reasons, but you probably wouldn't appreciate them.

If your reasons were brilliant I would probably watch it. I find a lot of what Ryan shares as brilliantly entertaining so I can trust that much of what he shares will be entertaining as well.
Ryan shared this person in the video below with me today and I do have to admit that it is very entertaining and I would recommend to those who love science to at least start at 10 minutes into it and you may find yourselves as entertained as I am.

0 Replies

Tapout89

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 06:53 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
It's just when you say this: "Anyone can claim anything, if they do not admit where they could be wrong, and why....Then there is no reason for me to believe this mans ethics are better than mine, regardless of his age...." it got me thinking. Why would you pretty much immediately talk about whether this man will admit that he could be wrong? I went back a bit and tried to sift through to find some actual religious discussion (there seems to be a lot of off topic discussion and bickering here). I found a few interesting posts by you which is what lead me to ask the question, it did end in a "?" after all and wasn't meant to be accusatory or anything. So are you fan of presuppositional apologetics when you discuss religion or is there any other apologetics that you favor?
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 04:26 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Hi Ryan I read your post on page 25 and found a video of him talking about scientific evidence and God. The video showed it to be over 2 hours long but it was only 45 minutes long. Is there anything in particular that you would like to discus about it? Smile Question
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:14 am
@reasoning logic,
What did you think about it?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:17 am
@Tapout89,
Someone admitting where they could be wrong in their morals so we can learn, is better and more truthful, than one going on and on about how right they could be....And not admitting where they could be wrong....Is worse....If they do that, it is not worth reading or watching....

Truly everyone could use help with morals, and everyone could learn more morals....The only way it could be done is by discussing them....Never blindly accepting anyone's....

It is that simple....No apolgetics about it.....

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:24 am
Thank you too who ever keeps voting me down! I am glad, I must be in the center of your world bad enough for you to wait for me, and thumb me down, every time!

I wish to high Hell the votes were gone, or you could only vote up! 2 Cents
spendius

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:37 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Why would anyone getting a line into God bother about a silly thing like a thumb down. Or up.

And why would they ever be wrong?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:40 am
@reasoning logic,
Well, For starters....What did you think about him saying the odds of life springing anatomically was 1 to the ^123 power? let alone monkeys evolving to type like Shakespeare? etc?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:42 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Why would anyone getting a line into God bother about a silly thing like a thumb down. Or up.

And why would they ever be wrong?

It doesn't really matter, as you can see someone did it to you also...It is just offensive to not leave it alone, if you do not think it is worth while....voting it down just becomes insulting....

If someone is not being insulting, there is no reason to thumb it down....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:48 am
@reasoning logic,
Do you believe him saying science can not make a negative pronounce about the universe....Goes along with the line of what I said about probabilities?

Do you find it interesting a Belgian Priest discovered the Big Bang theory, and went against Einstein??
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 07:56 am
@spendius,
Why would someone "believe" they are progressing humanity, by thumbing a vote down, rather than explaining why they disagree??
spendius

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 09:26 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You can have 1 to as many powers as you want and it's still 1.