Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:05 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Very Nice! What exactly do You "believe" you actually know about TRUE Christianity to then make assumptions then?

...far more then you could ever comprehend...imagine that I even like Joseph Alois Ratzinger ! Ain´t the world a strange place ?
hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
the first time was to show and instill faith...now faith is abundant, and there is no need for miracles....God did NOT make a mistake, you will know because Jesus will come glorifying his Father saying worship truth God of Israel and the Beast will say worship me....

Right, so all that casting out, flooding, sea parting, bush burning, commandment giving, city destroying didn't instill any faith between creation and the birth at Bethlehem? So he needed miracles during Jesus' life so we'd get faith, and that lasted the next two thousand years without evidence, even though the previous 3.5 thousand years with ample miracles hadn't stuck?

Even more bizarrely, if christianity is the one true faith why did God take so long to let us know? Why did he lie to the Jews for so long - then change the rules? Sounds like a major failure of organisational communication to me.

PS I know a guy, JGoldman, that you were just made for....
igm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

igm wrote:

What do you expect to do when you remain in heaven for eternity? You have no need for food, drink, sleep, work, education, mundane entertainment, acts of charity, kindness or compassion. What would heavenly humour be like? You will have to remain with your wife who died 20yrs before you and you then remarried and although you couldn’t divorce you didn’t like each other very much by the end but you have to spend and eternity with her and your previous wife. Your children committed one to many sins so they are in hell for eternity and you have to remember that every day for eternity.
I’d be careful what I wished for even if it was possible I couldn’t come up with an existence in heaven that would be perfect for an eternity.

Forget about Jesus being able to take us to heaven. We should think about whether we'd want to go. Hell is not the only alternative, that's just what you'd (i.e. people who promote heaven) like us to believe.

what other alternatives do you believe there are?

The alternatives are: death at the end of this life or reincarnation. Both much more plausible and they avoid hell as the only alternative to an eternity in heaven with unending...what exactly?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:23 pm
@igm,
from what I have seen with Buddhism and reincarnation they too "believe" in hell or being purged...so please explain how or what philosophy "best" describes reincarnation without hell or purging attached to it??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't think so....you may have a good grasp on people who are wolves in sheeps clothing...the ones who claim to believe in Christ but absolutly twist his words around....but I very highly doubt you understand the idealism behind a TRUE Christian, just as I don't really understand Atheism, and that's why I ask these types of questions in these topics...ONLY difference is I have the wisdom and truthfullness to say I grasp my ideals and don't or am curious about yours, where as you "claim" you already "know" it all and or my ideals...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:36 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don´t have any interest in knowing your ideals whatever they are...
...oh and I happen to like wolves and deeply hate sheep...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:45 pm
@hingehead,
Right, so all that casting out, flooding, sea parting, bush burning, commandment giving, city destroying didn't instill any faith between creation and the birth at Bethlehem? So he needed miracles during Jesus' life so we'd get faith, and that lasted the next two thousand years without evidence, even though the previous 3.5 thousand years with ample miracles hadn't stuck?

if you really MUST "see" a miracle google miracle, and or look up stigmata's or stigmatazation...or ANY miracle that is associated with Christ...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
why then did you just snap and get upset, if I am interested in your views? (they are (in your opinion the CORRECT ones arn't they?) are you the "only" who is to be saved? why are you here if you "have" the answers already? why do you waist time with "me" if you have one and ONLY one living life?....

should I go on?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 03:58 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
from what I have seen with Buddhism and reincarnation they too "believe" in hell or being purged...so please explain how or what philosophy "best" describes reincarnation without hell or purging attached to it??

matter of fact, I have seen where Buddhist NOT only believe some go to Hell and or purged but they believe there is NO GOD who does these things....but that somehow the spirit is cleansed and reborn....if No God is present, explain how a spirit is either rendered good and reborn, or bad and reborn, or even the same and reborn, WITHOUT a JUDGE to say and make it accordingly??...the only thing plausable to me...with which I agree is that people will most likely not be DUMB enough to be codemned FOREVER, but rather if in hell your purged and released...somehow someway and will choose Heaven...

Also, I am pretty sure the Hindu's acknowledge reincarnation and ALSO believe in 7 gates of Hell, what philosophy describes reincarnation and No hell or purging attached?? I think they go hand and hand....
0 Replies

igm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:12 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

The question was why would anyone want to go to heaven for eternity? For Christians it's to avoid going to hell for eternity. Since Christians want to avoid the only alterative to heaven i.e. hell they opt for heaven. But how can heaven deliver an eternity of things to do? But again it’s better than hell so they believe.

Hell in Buddhism is a mind filled with hatred that was caused by past actions. These actions have an effect that lasts until the effects have been experienced, this experience is 'hell- like' similar I’m told to a nightmare. Since in the past the mind has also done other actions such as kindness etc. when the effects of hatred are over then one is reborn with the effect of say past kind actions this could mean rebirth as a human. This continues until one understands how not to commit actions based on hatred and other negative emotions. So I understand.

But as I say your question has avoided my question. I'd like you to answer it …if you can? How can heaven deal with meeting with all those we've had complicated relationships with and what will we do when we have no worldly actions to perform, with our time which is an eternity and the memory of those we loved who have sinned or died before being christened and are now in hell or limbo, or never took jesus as their saviour...who are there for an eternity and those in heaven can remember that for an eternity?
hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
if you really MUST "see" a miracle google miracle, and or look up stigmata's or stigmatazation...or ANY miracle that is associated with Christ...

I told you in my initial post that a miracle wouldn't do it for me - way too easy to fake. I was responding to your claim that since Christ God hasn't needed any miracles to instill faith. Then you tell me to Google miracles to see just how many miracles God has given us since Christ. You realise what a twat you sound?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
@igm,
I can answer "ALL" of that in the MOST simple way possible...WITHOUT breaking down your cunning evasive words..."EVERYTHING" you listed above that you sympathize with to grasp the realm of Hell, do the exact opposite and it is possible with Heaven....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:28 pm
@hingehead,
ahhh...but him bringing you into Heaven for several hundred thousand years, IS a MIRACLE isn't it? what else then would be sufficant to believe?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

It's not bizarre it shows you don't need miracles to accept but faith...

Even more bizarrely, if christianity is the one true faith why did God take so long to let us know? Why did he lie to the Jews for so long - then change the rules? Sounds like a major failure of organisational communication to me.

modern day Christianity, at least the way" many" people show it today could in fact be wrong....but that certain principals are correct. like Jesus is the Savior etc...I "feel" I show what Christianity is ALL about so it wouldn't matter what I called myself, point is I HAVE JESUS IN ME and people can "see" it...

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:37 pm
roger wrote:
Would you consider taking a few minutes to learn how to use the quote button?

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I don't understand why it upsets you that I don't know the quote button...but yes, if you explain it to me then I will try to figure it out...

How to Set Preferences, Navigate, Format Posts, Sort Topics on A2K

Specifically, How to use the Reply and Quote Buttons in a topic thread
igm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:38 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I can answer "ALL" of that in the MOST simple way possible...WITHOUT breaking down your cunning evasive words..."EVERYTHING" you listed above that you sympathize with to grasp the realm of Hell, do the exact opposite and it is possible with Heaven....

Is it possible for the mother who loved her unchristened child to get it out of limbo? Or for a mother to get her daughter out of hell because she wasn't Christian? Or for the parents to have to remember that for an eternity. Or to meet a murder who killed your child but took Jesus as his saviour on his death-bed? Or to meet people who love you but you know longer love them but their idea of heaven is to spend an eternity with you?

It all makes no sense to me...but please don't be general in your reply answer each question I've asked, can you?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:40 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
lol, someone went out of there way to vote all my posts down after the post about doing the opposite to accept Heaven...when I use Buddhas logic to destroy Buddhas logic...I used the "path of least resistance" to prove Heaven is possible, and then my posts were voted down??
igm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

lol, someone went out of there way to vote all my posts down after the post about doing the opposite to accept Heaven...when I use Buddhas logic to destroy Buddhas logic...I used the "path of least resistance" to prove Heaven is possible, and then my posts were voted down??

????

Please answer my post above. I'm not sure if you're trying to avoid it...surely not.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don´t want to be saved there´s nothing to be saved in me...my views are not correct nor wrong they just are my opinion and I did n´t snap at all...anything else ?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 04:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
igm, I thank you for being genuine in asking me my positions....I WILL answer them to the BEST of my ability right after I eat dinner....and no I wasn't avoiding your questions, I was trying to reply to many different posts, that I couldn't keep up