Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:28 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Would I be even crazier, if I said the idea is crazy, but had conversations with them about the Spaghetti Monster's interactions???

If what you mean by "having conversations with them about the Spaghetti Monster's interactions" is to have expectation on helping them to see things differently, then yes you probably would be crazy. To be honest, you would not necessarily be crazy but you would be going against some very unlikely odds.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:31 pm
@voiceindarkness,
Hi Voice Smile

Dang write the word sheep and I should have known you would relate ....

Am I your friend? Do I speak to you? In writing form off course Smile

Reality is, I don't care what other people think, that's their choice.. The only person that matters in this World about me, is me, and then off course I worry for everyone else that is important to "me" in my life, or otherwise, important in this life, so that sucks as that makes me a worrier, for people... pretty much everyone... Soft hearts are good, providing you know also how to toughen them.

How's Lisa? As Spades asked...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:31 pm
@igm,
Thanks for the kind words!! I remember you from when we talked way back about Buddhism, and Christianity....

Sorry, but if this is how you feel

Quote:
uneasy about your sanity... it's just how I feel.

And this...

Quote:
I would prefer you posted but did not profess to be a prophet... I don't think you need to... everything seems fine until you say you're a prophet.. and then I feel uneasy and wonder if you're not a little crazy.

Then I will show you how sane I am, and how much God speaks to me, by saying I do not need to say anything at all about my experiences...

See how easy that was for God to speak to me, and show it to you???

Does it seem so crazy now??

Remember, you said I do not need to tell people about being a prophet, and as long as it is harmless, it does not matter anyways....

Krumple

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:32 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

You're right of course... but I was speaking about whether it harms the poster who professes to be a prophet and those who don't say that seems crazy.

Can I be so bold as to say it still does matter? A person who claims they have a god's attention actually makes a back handed statment towards all of us who don't have such an audience. Why are they singled out? What makes them so valued? A god who would single out certain individuals to speak on it's behalf to everyone else, is in other words, playing favorites. This is like a parent who selects one of it's children to be more important than the rest. It is a dick move and I would not respect a god who would single out certain individuals to speak on it's behalf.

You might say I'm complaining about it not being fair, which is true, but the consequences of singling out people causes more grief and problems than it ever solves. Look what happens to most who claim to be prophets, they are often abused or even murdered. A god would have to know that this method is inefficient and unproductive. Why not come up with a better solution? I bet I know the answer to that question. The fact of the matter, there are no gods, and these people who claim to have such an audience are really experiencing a "mild" form of mental illness.
igm

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:35 pm
@Krumple,
I agree.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:40 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Can I be so bold as to say it still does matter? A person who claims they have a god's attention actually makes a back handed statment towards all of us who don't have such an audience. Why are they singled out? What makes them so valued? A god who would single out certain individuals to speak on it's behalf to everyone else, is in other words, playing favorites. This is like a parent who selects one of it's children to be more important than the rest. It is a dick move and I would not respect a god who would single out certain individuals to speak on it's behalf.

You might say I'm complaining about it not being fair, which is true, but the consequences of singling out people causes more grief and problems than it ever solves. Look what happens to most who claim to be prophets, they are often abused or even murdered. A god would have to know that this method is inefficient and unproductive. Why not come up with a better solution? I bet I know the answer to that question. The fact of the matter, there are no gods, and these people who claim to have such an audience are really experiencing a "mild" form of mental illness.

And Igm said...

Quote:
I agree...

Then I find it to be a mild form of mental illness to engage these people who claim to have some kind of esp....Who have a mental illness...and think you are helping them out, by ridiculing them.... 2 Cents
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Then I find it to be a mild form of mental illness to engage these people who claim to have some kind of esp....Who have a mental illness...and think you are helping them out, by ridiculing them.... 2 Cents

I do not think that it is Krumple's intent to ridicule you.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If what you mean by "having conversations with them about the Spaghetti Monster's interactions" is to have expectation on helping them to see things differently, then yes you probably would be crazy. To be honest, you would not necessarily be crazy but you would be going against some very unlikely odds.

That's not what I meant....

If it is crazy that someone speaks to a Spaghetti Monster (God) to you?? Then it is even crazier to me, that you sit here and have conversations with people who have interactions with a Spaghetti Monster (God)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Sorry, Ridicule God....and call people who experience esp...as mentally insane....
0 Replies

igm

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

Nor mine. I just want to say that if you (XXSpadeMasterXX) dropped the prophet thing... your posts would... in my opinion.. be more effective. Who knows for sure... not me... but that's how I feel about you and your prophesy appendage.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:52 pm
@igm,
And I showed you how easy it was for me to drop it did I not? Or did you miss it?? Scroll up...

One quick question....This was not mine it was posed from another....I will leave them out but say that someone else posed this question....

If you believe people who say they have esp have a mental illness....

What was the point of this post???

http://able2know.org/topic/176688-198

Seems you thought I was sane enough to understand this? But am insane when talking about a Gift I can not explain for you??
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If it is crazy that someone speaks to a Spaghetti Monster (God) to you?? Then it is even crazier to me, that you sit here and have conversations with people who have interactions with a Spaghetti Monster (God)

Do you know how you care about everyone and want to share your truth "God" with everyone because you think it will help them? Well there are other people like me, Craig, Krumple and others who care about you, so we share our view points with you because we think it could possibly help you.
igm

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 04:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Thanks for the kind words!! I remember you from when we talked way back about Buddhism, and Christianity....

Sorry, but if this is how you feel

Quote:
uneasy about your sanity... it's just how I feel.

And this...

Quote:
I would prefer you posted but did not profess to be a prophet... I don't think you need to... everything seems fine until you say you're a prophet.. and then I feel uneasy and wonder if you're not a little crazy.

Then I will show you how sane I am, and how much God speaks to me, by saying I do not need to say anything at all about my experiences...

See how easy that was for God to speak to me, and show it to you???

Does it seem so crazy now??

Remember, you said I do not need to tell people about being a prophet, and as long as it is harmless, it does not matter anyways....

That sounds perfectly sane if you exclude the words: 'God speaks to me' and it also sounds sane to say 'I do not need to say anything at all about my experiences...' but why not continue this with: I do not need anymore to say I'm a prophet as I'm not. I just talk in a way that God would be proud of or I try to.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Do you know how you care about everyone and want to share your truth "God" with everyone because you think it will help them? Well there are other people like me, Craig, Krumple and others who care about you, so we share our view points with you because we think it could possibly help you.

If this is true...Then neither are crazy...and people are most definitely not mentally Ill...
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:04 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

If this is true...Then neither are crazy...and people are most definitely not mentally Ill...

Even healthy minds can become Ill sometimes Ryan, just as our bodies can.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:06 pm
@igm,
Quote:
That sounds perfectly sane if you exclude the words: 'God speaks to me' and it also sounds sane to say 'I do not need to say anything at all about my experiences...' but why not continue this with: I do not need anymore to say I'm a prophet as I'm not. I just talk in a way that God would be proud of or I try to.

If it sounds perfectly sane for me to say "I do not need to say anything about my experiences", Why does it sound insane to say God spoke to me and said say this??? Clearly, I am not insane, because I would not be able to sound sane to you, and insane...Nor would you think I am sane, but insane....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Even healthy minds can become Ill sometimes Ryan, just as our bodies can.

Then Like I said above....The ones who claim that believers are ill, and have conversations with them about their experiences, could be the ones who are ill right??
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:10 pm
@igm,
Quote:
I do not need anymore to say I'm a prophet as I'm not. I just talk in a way that God would be proud of or I try to.

How can someone say something that they do not believe in? Ryan does believe he is a prophet and as such, how can he hide behind words to ensure people do not think that he is crazy and does he care if they do more to the point? The fact is, this thread has been going on for a long time, with communication good and bad throughout.

I think, if I am right, what you and Krumple are saying, is that it is dangerous to walk around stating this fact. You could get yourself hurt. If that is what is being referred to, then I think the question is.... Does Ryan state this only on the internet, in discussions on Forums or does he walk around telling everyone that he is a prophet, in which case, I would tend to agree that the World is made up as he knows of good and evil, and on the evil side of things, it is dangerous to speak those words in the "real world" to everyone, as you may get hurt... There Krumple is right when we look at history over such.
voiceindarkness

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:10 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

igm wrote:

You're right of course... but I was speaking about whether it harms the poster who professes to be a prophet and those who don't say that seems crazy.

Quote:
So! You agree with me, GOD is a DICK? Smile
If, let's just say, GOD had a SON who was OBEDIENT and TRUE to HIMSELF and HIS WORD...

Quote:
There are no PROPHETS in this DARKNESS, Neutral SEERS of VISIONS and VISIONARIES at MOST. Wink
Duh! Didn't GOD SAY, "They KILLED all of THE PROPHETS" Neutral They also will "KILL his SON the HEIR". Rolling Eyes
The WORLD is about to WITNESS this EVENT... Cool
0 Replies

igm

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:14 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:

If it sounds perfectly sane for me to say "I do not need to say anything about my experiences", Why does it sound insane to say God spoke to me and said say this???

Let me make this clear... I like you... and you've shown that your topic has a function on this site. You just need to avoid saying you're a prophet even if you believe it because it adds nothing to what you say... in fact it detracts from it ...IMHO... I'm not against you xsmx I'm just giving you my observation... but I tend to be quite direct and directness can be hard to take. Your welcome to ignore all I've said. Smile