Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

spendius

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:18 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Think of all the tens of thousands of women who were killed because they were considered to be witches. Think of all the tens of thousands of people who were killed because they didn't want to conform to early church policies.

You're just having a free ride Krumpie because you don't bother your head considering what the result of allowing the heresies to prosper would have resulted in. Nor do you consider our modern heretics such as the Rosenburgs or Bradley Manning.

In fact you don't consider very much at all in comparing one epoch with another. Nor do you consider the many reasons that existed for killing people other than religious ones. Private feuds and the fact that the victim's property was confiscated. Nor do you really know how many "witches" were killed. You read it was tens of thousands and you wanted to believe it. And you fail to take account of the state of popular hysteria and the distance of the events from authority. And also the barbaric nature of atheistic regimes.

Capital punishment in the US seems selective for one racial group and having the institution at all means that the US is not eligible to join the EEC.

It's a weary and cliched argument you are making with no relevance to 2012.

0 Replies

igm

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Quote:
I do not need anymore to say I'm a prophet as I'm not. I just talk in a way that God would be proud of or I try to.

How can someone say something that they do not believe in? Ryan does believe he is a prophet and as such, how can he hide behind words to ensure people do not think that he is crazy and does he care if they do more to the point? The fact is, this thread has been going on for a long time, with communication good and bad throughout.

I think, if I am right, what you and Krumple are saying, is that it is dangerous to walk around stating this fact. You could get yourself hurt. If that is what is being referred to, then I think the question is.... Does Ryan state this only on the internet, in discussions on Forums or does he walk around telling everyone that he is a prophet, in which case, I would tend to agree that the World is made up as he knows of good and evil, and on the evil side of things, it is dangerous to speak those words in the "real world" to everyone, as you may get hurt... There Krumple is right when we look at history over such.

I think his message wouldn't be harmed if he dropped the prophet thing... to me it adds nothing to what he says... and those who are put off by the prophet thing may be put off him just because of that one difficult to accept assertion.
spendius

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:23 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Look Spade--I know a large number of very unhumble people. I'm not very humble myself except in certain circumstances.

But not a one of those people every claimed that they were in the confidence of God and were receiving personal messages from Him. Or Her. Not a one.

You are not even remotely humble.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:24 pm
@igm,
Quote:
I think his message wouldn't be harmed if he dropped the prophet thing... to me it adds nothing to what he says... and those who are put off by the prophet thing may be put off him just because of that one difficult to accept assertion.

Meaning, he'd have more success in "spreading his word" belief, by not stating that, or that people will not like him, think that he's crazy and tarnish his persona....

I'm trying to ascertain the logic, in your thoughts as in how it helps him.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:27 pm
@igm,
Thanks, I like you too!! I am not gonna hide behind someone, or something I am not....So I will not discuss it, But if someone asks me how or why do I think I have special knowledge about God....Than in MOHP.....I owe it to the one who grants me the knowledge to explain what I say and do and speak of, and to be truthful, and that is God....

If people find that to be a detract, I can not help them out...

If they believe what I say, and find it as good messages, than it should not matter who or where the source is from...

Why should I not tell the truth to them, If others feel uneasy about my truth??

They are the ones asking....I am the ones telling....The better question is....Why do they want to know?? And can they handle what I am going to say to them?? And I would agree with you....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:30 pm
@igm,
I am gonna add you as a friend, you can add me as well if you would like too...
igm

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:31 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
It's what you say that counts... you don't have to show that you're special even if you are because your words alone will reveal if you are able to help others or not. Smile
igm

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:32 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
What you have... and it is plain to see... you have a good heart...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:36 pm
@spendius,
You may be right you may be wrong....

I do not want to debate this with you anymore, I like talking with you....

If you consider me saying I am a prophet of God when asked is being unhumble....then your right....And if I believe that that is me telling the truth, because the truth shall set you free, than that is what I believe, I do not throw it into peoples faces....Nor will I do it....I only explain when it is asked...

If that makes me unhumble, I guess I am....and since God tells me to explain it, I am going to continue to keep doing it....

But I will ask in the future do they really want to know? and Can they handle what I am going to say?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:38 pm
@igm,
Thanks pal, or hun?? I think you do too!! I am adding you as a friend now! I would be interested in you explaining your views on Buddhism in the future thru pm if you would like too!!

Again feel free to add me as a pal if you want! But I feel no disrespect if you don't! And I understand why some do not!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:45 pm
@igm,
Quote:
It's what you say that counts... you don't have to show that you're special even if you are because your words alone will reveal if you are able to help others or not.

Just like yours just did!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool 2 Cents
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 05:47 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Then Like I said above....The ones who claim that believers are ill, and have conversations with them about their experiences, could be the ones who are ill right??

Let us exam the logic being used. Would that logic be similar as below?

Then Like I said above....The doctors who claim that sick people are ill, and have conversations with them about their sickness or ill experiences, could be the ones who are ill right?? [/quote]

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
That is a question that you would have to answer, not me...

Could the doctors be doing ill things to make the patients sick??
Or more sick? Making them sicker than the patients?? (of Course!)

And your answer is yes, right??

So then, that means that sick people (patients) (believers) are not necessarily ill, or at least the only ones ill...Because in your analogy (the Doctors) could be sick also...Right?

That was my point....

So it does not make sense for one side to claim another is ill...Because they very well could be also...

So being a believer Not Equal being a mild form of mental illness

And if it does, one coming here to have conversations with a sick one....And agitating them in ways, would make them even sicker...

In other words, It is not helping the cause, it is hurting it....
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:14 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So then, that means that sick people (patients) (believers) are not necessarily ill, or at least the only ones ill...Because in your analogy (the Doctors) could be sick also...Right?

Are these sick people (patients) (believers) believing that the spaghetti monster is real and going around telling everyone that the spaghetti monster is real?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
Is the Doctor, (atheist) certain there is no such thing as a Spaghetti Monster (God)?? And that it makes you ill??
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:19 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Very Good question Ryan, I will let you answer that. Are you certain that the spaghetti monster does not exist?
Krumple

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:22 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
So being a believer Not Equal being a mild form of mental illness

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.

I am saying if there were a god who is providing you with information that I am not provided with, that puts us both at odds. Now you might not want to acknowledge this fact but it does. It calls into question, why is it that "you" are privy to this information and I am not? It puts us at odds. Now I am left asking why I do not have that same information, and there are only so many possibilities that it could be.

The problem here is that what is done after the fact. If you just kept the information to yourself, I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. But not everyone does that who are claiming they have a direct connection with some god. These people tend to boast and proclaim things and try to instruct others on how they should behave. This is where it becomes dangerous.

Now if this god were intelligent it would know that by doing this, by giving certain people information that others do not have, it would pin them against each other. When you put people at odds dangerous things happen. So this god would HAVE to understand this and by carrying it out, it is causing all the problems. It is not solving problems, it is creating them. So I would have to ask what would be it's motivation then? It wants to put people at odds? Why? It wants conflict? Because that is what results.

People kill each other because one person claims to have divinity on it's side and can condemn others to death because of that reason. You don't see this as dangerous? I do.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
Picture it Ryan a flying glob of spaghetti with a meat ball face and an actual spaghetti body. Do you truly believe that such a creature might exist and if so why?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
Is the Doctor, (atheist) certain there is no such thing as a Spaghetti Monster (God)?? And that it makes you ill??

Quote:
Very Good question Ryan, I will let you answer that. Are you certain that the spaghetti monster does not exist?

It depends on which way you break it down...First, there is a big difference between a God, and a Spaghetti Monster....You think it is crazy because you use analogies such as that to make God look ridiculous....

I honestly do not know why you like to use the Spaghetti Monster, but anyways....

But in any event using your analogy, the Doctor is more wrong than the patient is....And here is why...

If the Patient is wrong, and believes in a Spaghetti Monster, who is not real, and makes you sick, and we all rot in the ground....No harm, no foul, each side of the equation....If the patient is right, and the doctor is wrong, then The doctor has some serious things to come to grips with, while the crazy person who believed in a Spaghetti Monster, and that he does not make you sick is gonna be just fine, whatever happens in the end....Whether he is not there, or whether he was! The Doctor can not argue the same! Wink Wink Very Happy 2 Cents
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 06:47 pm
@Krumple,
EVERYONE HAS THE SAME ABILITY I DO>>>ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS GO LOOKING FOR GOD< LIKE I DID< AND IT WILL BE REVEALED IF THEY TRULY WANT THE GIFT< AND I DO NOT MEAN TEST GOD< BY SAYING LET ME SEE IT NOW, OR I WONT BELIEVE YOU, BUT I MEAN PUT YOUR LIFE IN GODS HANDS>>>>

WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE SAME EXACT EXPERIENCE, I CAN NOT ANSWER, BUT YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU NEEDED, AND WERE LOOKING FOR< SO THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO FEEL LIKE YOU WERE LEFT OUT< OR NOT A CHOSEN ONE....THE CHOICE IS ALWAYS UP TO THE MORTAL....

AND WITH ALL OF WHAT YOU POSTED ABOVE....YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE SAME EXACT THINGS WOULD HAPPEN OVER TIME IN AN ATHEISTIC SOCIETY???? (OF COURSE THEY WOULD)

THE ONES WHO GET IT, GET IT, THE ONES WHO DO NOT, NEVER WILL!!!!