The Horror of Hate Crimes

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:42 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Why would you even think about it being hard to find you or prove anything if you haven't done anything wrong?

Whe know with the current SC if they are going to keep defending the first amendment or not.

If you and firefly would get your dream of hate speak laws on the books I am sure the powers that be would be out looking for any free thinkers to lock away.

I have no idea whatsoever what that first sentence even says much less what you were trying to say.

I never said I had a dream of getting hate laws on the books so take your straw man and stuff it.
BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:57 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I never said I had a dream of getting hate laws on the books so take your straw man and stuff it.

Straw man?

Tell that to citizens of the EU countries or college students on PC control campuses with such codes/laws in affect.
BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 06:09 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hell straw man tell that to a college kid who post a rape/torture fantasy story in a internet story news group and found himself lock up with no bail until a judge came along that had hear of the first amendment.

He also got kick out of the university if memory serve me correctly.

His email was look at and someone he was sharing such stories with in Canada was search for however without luck.

Bet one hell of a lot of money that he wished he had not posted that story under his college account or in any other manner that could be trace back to him.

Oh the story was indeed sick but not illegal as a second judge pointed out after the first judge had him held without bond for a few days.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 06:14 pm
@BillRM,
From your reply I can only assume you don't understand what a straw man is. Let me enlighten you:

Quote:
A straw man argument is a rhetorical device that is meant to easily prove that one’s position or argument is superior to an opposing argument. However, the straw man argument is regarded as a logical fallacy, because at its core, the person using the device misrepresents the other person's argument. The person does this because it then becomes easier to knock down the weaker version of the opposing argument with one's more substantial counter argument. The term straw man derives from the use of scarecrows for military practice, such as charges. In reality, a scarecrow is far easier to defeat than an actual person.

Your saying I have a dream of getting hate laws on the books? That is a straw man argument.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 06:16 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Hell straw man tell that to a college kid who post a rape/torture fantasy story in a internet story news group and found himself lock up with no bail until a judge came along that had hear of the first amendment.

He also got kick out of the university if memory serve me correctly.

His email was look at and someone he was sharing such stories with in Canada was search for however without luck.

Bet one hell of a lot of money that he wished he had not posted that story under his college account or in any other manner that could be trace back to him.

Oh the story was indeed sick but not illegal as a second judge pointed out after the first judge had him held without bond for a few days.

What are you rambling on about? You aren't even close to the topic of this thread. Breathe..............take deep breaths...............calm down.
BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:06 pm
@Arella Mae,
Sure I am as hate crimes laws are only one step away from hate speak laws.

Take note of the attempts to move toward such laws in connection with so call cyberbullying laws.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:12 pm
@BillRM,
I know one thing. You sure do like to avoid what anyone else says and put the focus back on you and what you think. You totally ignore most of what others say to you unless you attack them verbally.

I want conversation.................not your monologue.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:41 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
What are you rambling on about? You aren't even close to the topic of this thread.

BillRM hasn't been close to the topic of this thread since his first post.

He is totally ignorant of the exact content and wording of any bias-crime laws, and the material you posted from the state of Alabama must have been too complicated for him to grasp since he continues to assert that these laws contain things they do not contain.

It is pointless to discuss the topic of "hate crimes", or, more appropriately, bias-related crimes, with someone who is ignorant of exactly what these bias-crime statutes say and what they cover and do not cover.

BillRM could actually try educating himself about these statutes, and their exact wording, but I wouldn't expect him to bother doing that. Actually being informed isn't exactly his style. Some people like to know what they are talking about before they shoot their mouths off, but BillRM isn't one of those people.

Why you continue to engage with this fool is beyond me.

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:50 pm
@firefly,
To be honest with you, I haven't a clue as to why I continue with him. Perhaps I just have a hard time believing anyone can be like that. That, and I am a redhead, and we are known for being extremely stubborn. Laughing
firefly

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:55 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Perhaps I just have a hard time believing anyone can be like that.

Incredible, isn't he? Laughing

It's unusual to come across someone that dedicated to remaining ignorant and uninformed.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:57 pm
@firefly,
It really hurts my heart sometimes, firefly. Every once in awhile there is a spark of feeling from him but it quickly goes out.
firefly

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 08:23 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
It really hurts my heart sometimes, firefly. Every once in awhile there is a spark of feeling from him but it quickly goes out.

You mean well, Arella Mae, you really do. But, you can't help him. He's too narrow minded and closed minded to be able to hear you, and he's too paranoid to be able to trust you.

He really doesn't read or think about what anyone else has to say. He's not interested in discussing anything, and he is delivering a monologue. He's probably hoping Hawkeye will pop back in here to deliver his usual anti-government spiel (which, of course, has nothing to do with the topic either), so he can be an obedient lapdog and feed Hawkeye lines to gain his approval. That's mainly what BillRM does best--egg Hawkeye on and feed on scrapes of attention from him. They're like a traveling road show going from one thread to another, with BillRM always the docile follower, faithfully muttering, to Hawkeye, "Yes, Master". Laughing

You may be stubborn, Arella Mae, but even you know a hopeless case when you see one. He doesn't want to hear you. It's his loss.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 08:31 pm
@firefly,
Thank you firefly. You are the voice of reason when I can't find one.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 04:18 am
@firefly,
The wordings of the laws are meaningless it how they are being apply that matter.

Yes as they are clearly right on the border line or in my opinion beyond the border line of what is allow under the constitution so they are trying to word them very carefully however that does not change how they are being apply.

All in all such laws are doing must more harm then good and doing the harm for the most part to members of the very groups that they was sold as a means to protect!!!!!
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 07:28 am
@BillRM,
Same old rethoric under a new topic. You use the very same words when it concerns rape laws.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 08:33 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Same old rethoric under a new topic. You use the very same words when it concerns rape laws.
Makes sense as both sex law and hate crime laws are an abomination which diminish our "justice" system and thus us.....
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:17 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

Makes sense as both sex law and hate crime laws are an abomination which diminish our "justice" system and thus us.....

Ah, the calvary! Have a nice day hawkeye but I am not playing with you today.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:31 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Ah, the calvary! Have a nice day hawkeye but I am not playing with you today
And you might have noticed that I am not really playing in this thread, hate crime law is just one of many reasons we know that the American "justice" system sucks, and while I care about this subject we have talked about it at length in the sex crime threads.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:44 am
@hawkeye10,
This thread is not about sex crimes. I would greatly appreciate it that if you do choose to "play" you play courteously and stick to the topic.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 10:50 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Now, isn't that something? You so easily explain away something that is really irrational and illogical? Go figure. (re: thanking god when one doesn't believe in god.)
I said it was an habit. Habits dont necessarly make any sense =)

BillRM wrote:

First such laws was sold to the public and being sold here as a way of punishing white racists and homosexual haters not as it is currently being used.
Well, what the laws are said to do and what they actually do are different things. Maybe you are right in saying that the politicians lied, I wouldnt know, dont know too much about the US. But whenever they lied or not doesnt matter now (except for their re-election chances).

BillRM wrote:

Second we already have a large percent of the total black male population in prsion or who had been in prison so any laws that increased that except for an overwhelming need is not good for the public good in my opinion.
More blacks males are in prison then in college is nothing to be proud of.
Whats the problem of having a large percentage of the black population in prision, and increasing that number? If, for whatever reason, there is a greater percentage of blacks that commit crimes than of whites, its only natural that there will be more blacks in prision. Being more lenient with the blacks or more strict with the whites so that you reach an ideal percentage would be ridiculous.