What now?

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 12:27 am
Please don't judge me. I met a man at work a little over 4 years ago. He told me he had been separated from his wife for 3+ years. We are middle aged adults. He is Catholic. He works on the road and we met when he came to my work to do a remodel job. Boy did I get remodeled. We fell in love but it was time for him to go to the next job. He asked me to join him on the road and live with him. I wanted to so badly but was scared of the future. I had a decent job, car, friend, family and home. So we decided to give it some time to make sure. For 3 months and talking daily we decided to give it a go. I joined him. I have been living with him for 4 years and loving every minute of it. We were happy. Then it all fell apart. His (wife) called and I answered. Well now she wants him back. That she is afraid to be on her own. Lordy, she has been on her own for 7 years. But he has always taken financial care of her. Which would not have changed. They have 2 children son is in college, daughter is junior in high school. He has been a good father to them, them mean everything to him. So here is the problem, he feels he has to try one last time. Breaks my heart but I have no choice in the matter. He won't just leave me my the curbside though. He is going to set me up with enough to get apartment, car and little extra to help until I can get a job. Which won't be a long process because I can take care of myself. But since being with him we have sold my truck, my old place has been leased out, and I really don't want to go back to CA. So going to Florida near my brothers and start anew. It should take us a few months to save enough to establish me. She wants me gone now. I can't blame her, but then how can she sit by knowing that I will be with him in every sense of the word until we part. And I know this is wrong but I will wait for him. She will never be able to forgive him for me, not after all this time. And he will still be on the road so there will not be any regaining what they had originally. I know that many think I am wrong, but I thought this was it, after one divorce, then losing my son, and then being widowed. I thought happiness had found me. I just needed to vent. Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,826 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:28 am
Wow - what a mess.

Dear, WHY is he going back to his wife?
Apparently he does not feel the same about you as you do about him. He has made a choice - can you see it?

My guess is that after so much heartbreak in your life, you settled for something that , deep down, you know is not right. But it was exciting and a diversion.

I hope you can eventually get yourself together and let him go. He seems to be able to do that with you. Good luck.

0 Replies