Saturday morning chores

jcboy

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 04:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Here they get HUGE! I'm going to have to hack the top off, it's getting way too tall!
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2012 05:30 am
@jcboy,
Vert tropical! Looks beautiful Morgan.
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 09:46 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
My dog Frankie did a number on one of my Thai plants this morning. Little heathen!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg20/scaled.php?server=20&filename=plantgm.jpg&res=medium
Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 09:57 am
@jcboy,
I can think of better names than that...

my chores today involve a big truck and a bigger trailer, with a trip out to the middle of nowhere and heavy lifting of a washer and dryer.

gotta love family requests. they always pay the least...
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 11:15 am
@Rockhead,
Reminds me, I need to get rid of the truck. We rarely use it, usually someone wants to barrow it for something. I don't mind loaning it but don't like the idea of someone else driving one of our vehicles.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 03:12 pm
@jcboy,
did you put another motor in it?

I might be interested without a motor...
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 04:16 pm
@Rockhead,
I did. Put another re-built engine in it. It does come in handy when picking stuff up at Home Depot, we just don’t use it that often. It sits in front of the house and gets used about once a week. But if I get rid of if then we have nothing to take the dogs to the dog beach in.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 05:04 pm
@jcboy,
You'll miss it when you don't have it. I am always wishing I still had my Ford courier to help with a lot of chores.
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 05:27 pm
@Butrflynet,
I think so too, the insurance really isn’t much and it does come in handy. And since we have three dogs they fit perfectly in the cab of the truck with me. We don’t take them in the cars, plus it has a trailer hutch in case we rent camper to take Antonio camping sometime soon.
JTT

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 05:59 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I don't mind loaning it but don't like the idea of someone else driving one of our vehicles.

Your insurance company might like it even less, JC. A major accident caused by one of the borrowers could send your insurance thru the roof. Do you think that that borrower would pick up the extra down the road costs of your insurance?

I'd check with my insurance agent to ask about the potential consequences.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2012 06:29 pm
@jcboy,
Does that truck have the 5.4 motor in it?

if it does, you might want to think about selling it before it needs spark plugs again.

seriously. it can run about a grand to have it done. and there are some weird head problems that it's prone to...

a good once in a while truck wouldn't have to be as pretty as that one is. $2k will get a decent old pickup in most markets...
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 02:56 pm
@jcboy,
Why not buy an old campershell and some steer horns for the front, you'll finally be a Floridian Laughing
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 04:44 pm
@JTT,
Very true, usually when someone needs it I drive, only my friend Anthony has driven it, and I do trust him.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 04:44 pm
@Rockhead,
I'm not sure what it is, I remember they called it a Jasper engine, but I have no idea what that is either lol Smile
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 04:48 pm
@jcboy,
Jasper is the rebuilder. a good one...

3 yrs, 100,000 mile warranty.
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:12 am
@Rockhead,
We had a little storm last night. My neighbors Magnolia tree fell over. Gilbert had told me it wouldn’t last in a storm, the tree was still alive but the base was rotted. We will have to give Gilbert a hand in chopping it up today.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg221/scaled.php?server=221&filename=treeqj.jpg&res=medium
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:20 am
@jcboy,
My garden is growing like crazy, everything is blooming.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg710/scaled.php?server=710&filename=flowersdz.jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg338/scaled.php?server=338&filename=flowers1kr.jpg&res=medium
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:25 am
@jcboy,
The bluebells in my garden are coming on nicely. Not my picture, or garden. I've not worked out how to post my own pics yet. The only real difference is that I've got some white ones as well.
http://lyndahallinan.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/bluebells0082.jpg
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:26 am
@izzythepush,
Wow! I like those! I might have to look into those, I still have a side yard that needs planting.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:02 am
@jcboy,
They're actually wild flowers, and a protected species. Mine were in the garden when I moved here. They only flower in the spring, lots of place names in England are named after them, Bluebell Hill, Lane, Wood etc. I don't know if they would grow in your climate.

They are lovely though, and not just because they're attractive, they mean that Winter's over, and it's Spring.