Should I be offended?

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:18 am
My come back thread has got tags like - "trawling for homos", "bore", shuddup idiot" etc etc

Should I be offended?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:22 am
@the prince,
There's a small coterie of people who tag like that. It might even be only one person.
Best to tag your own threads well, giving them as many as five tags.
Some folks will trying to counteract the ugly tags with new ones of their own.
Ignore the haters, they're self evident fools.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:34 am
@ossobuco,
word
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:40 am
@the prince,
As Osso said, you should just ignore them. One way in helping make them go away is add as many tags to your threads. If others repeat those tags then they'll take precedence over the insult/trolling tags.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:41 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

word

Word to ya ma!
(((arms crossed)))
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:44 am
I am sooooo hurt <sniff> Sad
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:51 am
@the prince,
Your friends here still love you buddy! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:51 am
@the prince,
oh PrinceG - take no notice of the nasties <boo hiss - methinks there's mebbe someone with a green eyed monster about your being welcomed back> Wink

we're all verrrrrrrrrrry pleased to see ya Very Happy

We could do with a bit of an A2K spice up - let it roll!

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 11:04 am
@Izzie,
Whose the arse who pulled a drive by thumb downing. I raised your post Izzie. Some jerk down thumbed it for whatever reason. Rolling Eyes
Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 12:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
Some idiot was doing that in G's "i'm back" thread, too. Very, very petty . . .
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 02:11 pm
@the prince,
Pay it no mind. Welcome back.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 02:17 pm
@the prince,
I've not been on this forum, most people are really nice, but there are a few really vile individuals. I wouldn't want those people to like me, I'd think I was doing something wrong.
jcboy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:16 pm
@the prince,
HA, I didn’t know until now where those tags came from, I thought the site was somehow picking them up from different posts from members. Now I wonder why mine were not tagged “trolling for homo’s”.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:22 pm
@izzythepush,
I've just re-read my post. I meant to write, 'I've not been on this forum LONG.' Now I feel like a dickhead.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
@jcboy,
Whoever does it was probably asleep at the wheel.
Snort.
Or maybe if you got any, they got superceded.
jcboy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:34 pm
@ossobuco,
hahaha, well that does explain the tags on jgoldman10's threads Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 05:03 pm
@the prince,
PrinceG, I'll just add, and then I hope become quiet, that general isn't used much as a tag anymore. Too.... general.

The whole phenomenon of tagging is interesting, and we, of course, have threads about the process. We changed to tags in something like, ah, august 2008. A lot squawked mightily but we've gotten used to it. I find it really useful - but there are threads before 8/08 that only had the tags of the older a2k forums (like general, pets and gardens, etc.) and those are still how you'd find them. Some of us maniacs went back and tagged some threads/subjects that interested us more specifically, so you do see some older ones with the newer more specific type tags in addition to the old a2k forum descriptions. Well, I tagged all of the pets and gardens threads (gaahhhh!) and others did similarly.

There are two ways to search. In the New Posts page, look to the right and see the search box - stick in a tag, perhaps only a guess. Then you'll see threads with those tags.
Or, go to the top of the page and click on 'search' in the dark blue banner. Often I find things there that I don't find in the tag system, sometimes easily.

There are also arguments by some about the use of (what is the word? call out?) kind of tags, pro and con. Robert has said he means to change the system with weighting, but is busy in the meantime.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 05:44 pm
@the prince,
Quote:
My come back thread has got tags like - "trawling for homos", "bore", shuddup idiot" etc etc

Should I be offended?

No, don't be offended. G.
I think someone's jealous.
Just ignore them & carry on.
Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:24 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
No, don't be offended. G.
I think someone's jealous.
Just ignore them & carry on.

What Olga said. She's smart. Wink

Me, I never tag any topic, least of all mine. If you check my homepage here, you will see I am tagless. Very Happy
the prince

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 08:25 am
@Reyn,
I downed my sorrows in single malt yesterday night and I am fine now.

Apparently, there is a picture of me and my friend (female) both flashing our shoulders at the camera (she was wearing a off shoulder dress, I was wearing a wide necked t-shirt)

Be ready to read the scandals section in the tabloids.

I was soooooooo drunk